NEWS

Street Decker for Comments...

• 6 Replies

Aria

• Ace Runner
« on: <12-19-13/1232:16> »
Ok, new to deckers, will probably stick with adepts, but that said, thought I'd have a go at a low priority decker (no A, choose twice from E)...

So, am I missing anything blindingly obvious to be a decker (I don't mean a killer decker but mild competance would be nice!)

Thanks!

<<Briar>>
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Critter

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <12-19-13/1405:43> »
In my opinion in a "street scum" campaign, best to sigh and just make a technomancer that pretends to be a decker.
There's always one PC who just can't go with the flow.  They have to have something that sets them apart.  Something blatantly obvious to everyone who plays with them.

Moonshine Fox

• Omae
  • Proudly serving our dragon overlords
« Reply #2 on: <12-19-13/1745:42> »
While I would encurage you to have a full A-E spread and use the street level rules, that one is your call. You seem to be a fairly well built out decker. You have the skills and abilities to be useful in a number of ways with your focus on decking. I would suggest trying to squeeze an extra point into electronic warfare, but that's just me. Also, you might need to check with your GM, but most styles of helmet will allow you to wear glasses while wearing the helmet. No need to spend the cred doubling up if you don't have to. I would also suggest looking into starting to get some cyber. A datalock jack can be handy for you to keep any paydata you get secure. Just some food for thought.  I'd say with well planed upgrades in gear and skill your decker could have a good shadow career.

Bushw4cker

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <12-19-13/1746:25> »
Better than most Deckers I've seen using ABCDE priorities. What did you spend Karma on?  Attributes.?
When I did street level campaign I had players limit only Nuyen, no more than 50k. I think it's almost cruel to not let player take priority A for anything.
I like the character. Except the Helmet!  Maybe I lack the imagination..but for some reason it's hard to picture shadowruner (non-Rigger), wearing a helmet...is it just me. The only character I've ever made with helmet, was my special needs dwarf mage. It seems like a helmet would be a red flag to  anyone who sees it.
"Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate." -Terry Pratchett

Bushw4cker

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <12-19-13/1748:24> »
While I would encurage you to have a full A-E spread and use the street level rules, that one is your call. You seem to be a fairly well built out decker. You have the skills and abilities to be useful in a number of ways with your focus on decking. I would suggest trying to squeeze an extra point into electronic warfare, but that's just me. Also, you might need to check with your GM, but most styles of helmet will allow you to wear glasses while wearing the helmet. No need to spend the cred doubling up if you don't have to. I would also suggest looking into starting to get some cyber. A datalock jack can be handy for you to keep any paydata you get secure. Just some food for thought.  I'd say with well planed upgrades in gear and skill your decker could have a good shadow career.

No Helmets!
"Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate." -Terry Pratchett

baronspam

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <12-19-13/1939:53> »
While I would encurage you to have a full A-E spread and use the street level rules, that one is your call. 

The problem with using "street level" is that is punishes gear and augmentation heavy builds far more that magical builds.  Other than making it less likely to start with a focus, the magician or adept doesn't loose anything under "street level".  IMHO, if you want to start at a lower power level the most balanced way to do so is with changes to priorities. 

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <12-20-13/0427:19> »
We started off with A-E and using the street level play sidebar but it was a definite case of 'magic/TM run' - with the priority shift I could at least afford a deck with this character!  And an adept I made went from just under full runner to a much more balanced, 3 magic adept...

Helmets...with her body she needs all the armour she can get (even after boosting bod and str with karma)!!!  I was thinking of something like this on one of my other SR characters: <<Silk>> rather than a milspec suit or a motorbike helmet.  Something that is an extension of the chameleon suit...
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36