NEWS

There's a campaing in this somewhere.

• 6 Replies

AndyNakamura

• Chummer
  • Memetic Warfare Agent
"If you are expecting a rousing speech, or a cunning plan that will get us out of this, I will have to disappoint you. I don't have any. We either do this, or we die. And the world dies with us."
"I paid quite a lot to get all of you here. I expect you to give me my money's worth. Shogun out."

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #1 on: <07-22-13/2328:00> »
Campaign for some, nightmares in the building for others...
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #2 on: <07-23-13/0252:57> »
There are some good books out there on blackwatetr (though I thought they were rename). Things which cover their central asia contracts (oil pipes or somesuch) and there heavy recruitment of ex-military from south american or the twenty thousand man facility within spitting distance of the US capital. Not sure how much is true, but makes for good reading.
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <07-23-13/0257:41> »
Ugh. Stupid me. I should have read that page first.

Given its previous purchases, it'd be far more likely that the purchase was made in relation to or on behalf of Cerberus.

But aside from that, that whole piece needs a fact-checker (They are CIA officers, not agents, dammit), an editor, and to take that chip off its shoulder because the bias is unbearable reading it.

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #4 on: <07-23-13/0318:58> »
Ugh. Stupid me. I should have read that page first.

Given its previous purchases, it'd be far more likely that the purchase was made in relation to or on behalf of Cerberus.

But aside from that, that whole piece needs a fact-checker (They are CIA officers, not agents, dammit), an editor, and to take that chip off its shoulder because the bias is unbearable reading it.

Just read the article myself and it is extremely heavy handed (and I take exception at that glorified accountant quip).. but it could make good fiction.  In reality, the purchase most likely relates to money, as in the organisation does or has the potential to spin a profit.  Plenty of money in private security, especially outside of America.  Not really a big conspiracy there... ahhh.. but with a deft stroke of a pen, it could be an entire campaign.  Something that ties geneticly altered crops, private security forces and one man's lone struggle to... well, do something which involves car chases (and crashes), betrayal, cool martial arts and/or gun fu, and depending on your take, spy gadgets, satellites and supersoldiers and/or superplagues (well, it does have gentically altered seeds... ) 

What the article doesn't answer... will he save the girl or will duty come first?
« Last Edit: <07-24-13/0306:58> by Black »
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

Valashar

• Omae
  • I'm always angry, but I usually hide it well.
« Reply #5 on: <07-23-13/1939:53> »
A food company with biohazard connections now has an extensive private security force... I'm sure I'm not the only one who sees a Seretech/Shiawase vibe.
Shadowrun Missions: GenCon 2013

We groped the cat, and tazed the baby.

Parker

• Omae
  • Remember, can't spell damage without mage!
« Reply #6 on: <10-26-13/0220:58> »
A food company with biohazard connections now has an extensive private security force... I'm sure I'm not the only one who sees a Seretech/Shiawase vibe.

Makes sense to put an Aztechnology spin, instead.  The old 'Corporate Shadowfiles' book ,amongst others up to 5th Edition, shows that Mega's interest in both Bio-tech and Military assets.  Just offering  a good alternative to a GM. 8)
I'm not Mad...insane a bit...but not mmmaaaddd!
(insane giggle as lightning flashes and thunder rolls.)