NEWS

[5eOoC] 2075/6: Stormy Waters [Persistent World; recruitment always open]

• 5046 Replies

adamu

« Reply #1065 on: <02-05-15/1951:44> »
well for starters it is 16 hours flight + few hours before/after at the airport.
I should have interent and it is 50/50 work/fun so I'll be on from time to time. And will have interent connection but a lot less time so do not expect me to carefully read books and stuff. ;) At the current speed of the game I am not sure if you'll feel it. As well, we're like 1 combat day per two days or so;)  I think we'll be okay. 

If I am unresponsive and you need some of the capabilities of dogmeat to move the plot I'll also post a short cheat sheet with how many dice he rolls for stuff, so you can roll for example doge/damage soak or even attack for him and not have to stop the game.

Most of the time should be okay - but some of the days we may stay at places with no connection or be too tired to post.

@gradivus ouch!

Okay - so looks like we can just keep moving, only maybe a bit slower.

I have your sheet and can work out pools.
While a cheat-sheet would be a time-saver, more important would be a rough decision tree (if someone attacks the car I am in…etc.

But the fact is, I am really hesitant to puppet an otherwise active and in-touch PC…probably we just wait for your posts.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1066 on: <02-05-15/2002:26> »
Well decision tree is a bit problematic. I'd say I'd try to keep dogmeat safe, that is he'll call in drones to help, jump in the car and escape combat if it is reasonable to do so.  The spirit will also help a bit - but well it is not the most offensive spirit. Let's hope it does not come to that lol.
I probobly should have made the car invisibile ;)

Also i have an uneasy feeling that I did not give dogmeat a medic kit... I built another character in that spirit for the second game I am playin, and I think I did it better the second time. Generalists are difficult to balance.

adamu

« Reply #1067 on: <02-05-15/2004:56> »
Use edge to reroll the 10 misses= 1\5\6\5\4\2\1\2\1\3, 3 sucesses

Okay, that is a nice spread, since you actually don't get some of those dice due to the enemy's AP value. But all your hits are clustered on the left, so no worries!

So yeah, you have one box left, and are definitely knocked down.

So you spotted a muzzle flash maybe a dozen yards south of where you are, you are on the ground, cannot yet act against the guy that shot you because of the effects of surprise.
But it is still your turn…

Need to know what you are going to do!

Next up will be Dogmeat's other drones, who have been commanded to shoot the guy you just shot (with uncertain effect).
That will pretty much happen, since you don't have any actions with which to change their commands before the carry them out.
They will put more lead into the guy, and it will be fairly clear now that he is indeed a dead man.
Also note that the drone that got the seven successes on its perception test, for that one, in one of your little mental AR windows that shows you what the secondary drones see, you spot at least two other arms rotodrones diving down on your own drone formation from a higher altitude.

They'll be shooting, and all their shots will be at your lead, invisible, jumped-in drone.

As with Gradivus, you get to roll surprise, shooting for three successes in order to be able to do a ranged defense before the damage soak.

Since you spotted them, you get three extra dice on the surprise test.

And that will bring us to Alicia's turn to act. Declarations, saithor?
You can see that "feathered guy" who the seer is healing is pinking up pretty well, and possibly starting up some magic of his own, though his body remains motionless, and, importantly, he is not astrally perceiving or projecting.

No time for IC tonight, but of course you guys all can based on results above.

I will catch everything up IC-wise tomorrow, I hope.

adamu

« Reply #1068 on: <02-05-15/2006:03> »
Well decision tree is a bit problematic. I'd say I'd try to keep dogmeat safe, that is he'll call in drones to help, jump in the car and escape combat if it is reasonable to do so.  The spirit will also help a bit - but well it is not the most offensive spirit. Let's hope it does not come to that lol.
I probobly should have made the car invisibile ;)

Also i have an uneasy feeling that I did not give dogmeat a medic kit... I built another character in that spirit for the second game I am playin, and I think I did it better the second time. Generalists are difficult to balance.

No worries - I know it is a dicey thing.

Like I said, as long as you are posting even sporadically, we'll still keep things going at a reasonable pace.

riki.joat

• Newb
« Reply #1069 on: <02-05-15/2246:59> »
This may be a stupid question, but you still accepting new recruits? I got a Troll Tech-Wiz I would love to play and you said you're always recruiting.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1070 on: <02-05-15/2300:56> »
This may be a stupid question, but you still accepting new recruits? I got a Troll Tech-Wiz I would love to play and you said you're always recruiting.

It's true as far as I recall. This game is always accepting new people.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1071 on: <02-06-15/0820:09> »

It's true as far as I recall. This game is always accepting new people.
Yes, always welcome new victims er, blood...:D
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

adamu

« Reply #1072 on: <02-06-15/1922:44> »
Okay, all the recently resolved actions are ICed. Feel free to post your own ICs from your own POVs if so inclined.

And OOPS - I forgot the part about the incoming drones - will edit that in right now.

Still need action declarations from gradvirus and saithor…

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1073 on: <02-06-15/2006:31> »
can it be? their guy is up in the same combat turn he was shot in ?
 It sort of  wow kind of reduce my motivation to continue shooting stuff... I say people should know when they are conquered.  Any suggestions anyone? I think we are in over our heads as that spell was obviously no healing spell.

We sort of took down all three of their gang, and it did not seem to free the spirit.
Run away and live to fight another day? what we can possibly achive?
« Last Edit: <02-06-15/2009:44> by gilga »

gradivus

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1074 on: <02-07-15/0002:06> »
I'm going to dodge which brings my initiative from 8 to 3...if I survive the next shot or if 3 is still faster than the guy's shot I'll charge him and use nerve strike assuming I'm in range or if I'm too far to reach him I'll throw a card at him using missile mastery....
"Speech" Thought >>Matrix<< Astral

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1075 on: <02-07-15/0801:50> »
I'd run away - unless you do not yet feel invested in your char ;)  or ask cutter on the T-Bird for an heroic rescue.

adamu

« Reply #1076 on: <02-07-15/1311:15> »
I'm going to dodge which brings my initiative from 8 to 3...if I survive the next shot or if 3 is still faster than the guy's shot I'll charge him and use nerve strike assuming I'm in range or if I'm too far to reach him I'll throw a card at him using missile mastery....

Okay, strictly speaking it is not about having enough movement to reach him - he's only 10 or 12 yards away which means you COULD reach him with a charge taking up half your run speed for the turn.

Trick is, since you are knocked down and it takes a Simple action to stand up (plus a Bod + Will test since you are wounded), once you reach him you won't have Complex left to melee him.

You could ready a card and throw a card from your prone position, I fthat is your choice, go for it (he's got good cover behind a tree, by the way).

gilga - still need your defense rolls for the drone you are jumped into - two rotodrones firing at you.

adamu

« Reply #1077 on: <02-07-15/1317:53> »
@Saithor - saw your IC post.

Do you have an action besides speak?
Also, if you are communicating with everyone, does that mean you are back to your meat/commlink?
Or manifesting for anyone in particular?

Also, you can make an Arcana + Logic test if you want….

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1078 on: <02-07-15/1520:18> »
doge logic + intuition + rig -spell sustain that cancel out: doge: 2#13d6t5 4 6

by the way - I am puzzled with them even seeing the drone I am firing from. Is the invisibility and stuff doing anything useful for me? I sustain it for weeks now lol;)
« Last Edit: <02-07-15/1835:09> by gilga »

gradivus

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1079 on: <02-07-15/1822:49> »
If he has good cover, I guess I am better off getting up and dashing to cover myself then.
"Speech" Thought >>Matrix<< Astral