NEWS

Season 5 Contacts

• 72 Replies

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #60 on: <10-03-13/1306:36> »
I want to shoot Simon Andrews in the face. I'll be roleplaying him perfectly, no worries. May he be loathed more than Joe Martin.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

martinchaen

« Reply #61 on: <10-03-13/1324:02> »
So... despite what the updated prep files state, we're still limited to 7 karma on each contact, right? Not Connection 5, Loyalty 3 as is the case of Dr. Martin Tate, or Connection 4 Loyalty 4 as is the case of Doober, etc, etc.

Belker

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • The Butcher
« Reply #62 on: <10-03-13/1454:19> »
So... despite what the updated prep files state, we're still limited to 7 karma on each contact, right? Not Connection 5, Loyalty 3 as is the case of Dr. Martin Tate, or Connection 4 Loyalty 4 as is the case of Doober, etc, etc.

You can take them as contacts, but at a lower starting Loyalty than the stated maximum. Sure, it would be great if the listings were 100% consistent with FAQ (with maxes of 2 and 3 respectively) but it's really not hard to figure out.
"Dog says to always wear your seatbelts, kiddies."
Missions Freelancer (CMP 2015 - The Tennessee Suite 1-4)

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #63 on: <10-16-13/0147:35> »
I want to shoot Simon Andrews in the face. I'll be roleplaying him perfectly, no worries. May he be loathed more than Joe Martin.

Joe? Joe was the paragon of modern reporting, no matter which network you view, and as such was 'business as usual.' With contacts from the Big A and Renraku, a corporation that when I last heard of them had an arcology that was giving death camps a run for their money, my bet is that one of them being the most hated.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #64 on: <10-16-13/0457:59> »
Renraku wasn't in control of that arcology anymore at that point so honestly I don't see the point in treating them as bad guys anymore. Besides, it was ages ago. What recent evil did they commit? The dragons waged war on mankind and each other, Aztech went to a bloody war, Horizon murdered POWs for PR reasons, I know what corps I got a problem with there. And that's not including the guys who managed to give us Sybilis. What did Renraku do recently?

As for Joe, I suspect the players tended to be turned off by his million-dollar smile and fitting behaviour. In my campaign, the only reason 1 player sold info to Joe Martin was he was the last to be asked and all others had sold to Athena Tattletale already, he figured having eggs in both baskets would be a good idea.

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #65 on: <10-16-13/0539:09> »
Aztechnology got added as one of the two because of all the stuff they do; blood magic, death games, etc. They're the ones the rest of my group will probably hate the most. But Sarah? There's just something...off about her for me, and I'm thinking that with the land rush going on Renraku may just edge out Aztechnology this SRM season, because of her (and not anything Renraku did specifically). Nothing concrete of course, but my gut is giving me warning signs about her.

Besides, isn't Simon the lizardman changeling from Season 4? If so, I rather liked him.

*Edit* Joe we took a liking to, and tried to spread scoops evenly between him and Athena. We kind of saw him like Chuck Fleming, Action News.
« Last Edit: <10-16-13/0544:26> by Dinendae »

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #66 on: <10-16-13/0739:13> »
Simon tried to have you killed first time you met him, never liked him since.

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #67 on: <10-16-13/1825:09> »
Renraku wasn't in control of that arcology anymore at that point so honestly I don't see the point in treating them as bad guys anymore. Besides, it was ages ago. What recent evil did they commit? The dragons waged war on mankind and each other, Aztech went to a bloody war, Horizon murdered POWs for PR reasons, I know what corps I got a problem with there. And that's not including the guys who managed to give us Sybilis. What did Renraku do recently?

As for Joe, I suspect the players tended to be turned off by his million-dollar smile and fitting behaviour. In my campaign, the only reason 1 player sold info to Joe Martin was he was the last to be asked and all others had sold to Athena Tattletale already, he figured having eggs in both baskets would be a good idea.

Renraku was recently kiddapping CAS politicians for some reason, never explained (well, as far as I'm aware anyway)
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #68 on: <10-16-13/1848:39> »
Awesome!  ;D

Ghoulfodder

• Chummer
« Reply #69 on: <10-17-13/1836:48> »
Renrakool!

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #70 on: <10-17-13/1849:36> »
So... how many politicians do they have to kidnap before they can evolve into Renakruel?

Ghoulfodder

• Chummer
« Reply #71 on: <11-04-13/1355:11> »
Can anyone give me a quick summary of the Desolation Angels please? I figure I ought to have a clue about the gang that one of the contacts my runners have more chance of knowing runs.

I'm a bit spent out at the moment having bought the SE, Chasing the Wind and Feral Cities for info on Chicago.

Oh. They're in Feral Cities.
« Last Edit: <11-06-13/1341:50> by Ghoulfodder »

dhaller99

• Newb
« Reply #72 on: <01-28-14/2347:17> »
Related note (and sorry of this has been addressed elsewhere):

Should I make sure to have at least one Seattle contact for "CMP" missions, or can these leverage Chicago connections in real play?

Hate to miss out on them because I don't have the hook-up!