NEWS

Dead Man's Switch maps and neighborhood describtions

• 3 Replies

Angel_Heart

• Newb
  • I'm but a research vessel
« on: <08-27-18/1750:00> »
Okay, so my internet-less friend hit me - a complete noob - with this:

"Hey, look online for me to see if they have mapped out pictures of Shadowrun Returns: Deadman's Switch neighboorhoods. I'm getting ready to start a SR campaign for the guys and it'd be really cool to design some neighborhoods based on their models. Also find some names of the people/locations belonging to those hoods. Kind of like how you label your pics you send me on a regular basis. 1 is this, 2 is that, 3 nope-nope-nope! (LOL, which you do more often than you might suspect   :)
   This would help out greatly   :D"

And upon me not really finding anything since the general walkthroughs don't give me much detailed info about the maps themselves he replied:

"Hey SR dudes and dudettes! My boyfriend is trying to draw up several neighborhoods detailed down to individual buildings in a sort of neighborhood overview for his new SR campaign. He would like to look at some already pre-established user content that people have made as an example. Anyone have any good links I can visit or maybe even borrow some stuff from your own campaigns you'd like to share with me by way of email?"

All I can do is print him pics/screenshots with a rough describtion but that does not satisfy his perfectionist needs.
Any ideas ?
I'm a noob, have mercy.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1 on: <08-27-18/1754:24> »
I can't recall since it's been too long, but can you open the original campaign in the map editor? If so, you could combine those screenshots manually instead?
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Angel_Heart

• Newb
  • I'm but a research vessel
« Reply #2 on: <08-27-18/1759:17> »
...I don't play the game tbh. My friend just asked me for details so he can create his offline tabletop game or whatever he calls it with his friends. They got no computers. Not gonna lie, he's in prison. I'm usually good at finding the info he wants but this time it's so specific and in-game that I have a hard time finding anything.
I'm a noob, have mercy.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #3 on: <08-27-18/1905:32> »
About the best you can do just offhand is likely going to be the occasional map collection SR has published -- Sprawl Sites was one, the (absolutely ancient) miniatures game for SR (called 'DMZ'), I don't recall the name of the most recent stuff; I think the Seattle Sprawl boxed set may have had some.  And then you combine those to make up your buildings and all.  Some graph paper to sketch out the streets, which map goes where and how ... it can work.

I personally don't get into that level of specified detail for any neighborhood in my games; SR tends to be a bit more sprawling, if you'll excuse the pun, and most games don't focus tightly on just one neighborhood.  A low-end all-gang-member gang certainly could, though, so ... good luck.  :)
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.