NEWS

Street Legends Supplemental now out--ten more characters to play with!

• 226 Replies

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #75 on: <01-05-12/1512:50> »
Frankly, if some damn fool takes Lofwyr on and somehow manages to win, they deserve the accomplishment. And the accompanying wrath of other great dragons, being the SOLE focus of Saeder-Krupp Prime, and other fun things that come with taking down both one of the Great Dragons and the head of a AAA megacorp in one swoop.

Your life expectancy would be HOURS.
*Beep-Boop*  Achievement Unlocked:  Dead runner walking - 50G
Heh, a extreme version of "borrowed time"? (p102, RunComp).
Want to see my flash new jacket?

Ryushiroi

• Newb
« Reply #76 on: <01-05-12/1649:48> »
Achievement Unlocked - "I Just Shot WHO?"

Seriously, there is this guy I played D&D with a while back. He described his characters as always having a certain quality: Always seeming to accidentally shoot the WORST possible person first.

As in, his first adventure experience was in the Witchfire Trilogy, and the first time he met Alexia, he reacted to her appearing by opening fire.

This did not end well for him...

theKernel

• Omae
  • I believe you like it served cold -Matador
« Reply #77 on: <01-05-12/1655:39> »
That seems to happen to me a lot in skyrim.... :-[
HACK THE PLANET
Theres no place like 127.0.0.1
Always start and end character creation by asking yourself "why is this character not an ork." If you don't have a good answer you should be an ork. -UmaroVI
"Stay at least one lie ahead of everyone else"-Vitriol
SR4+++hbB?!Wdk++o+++++M+P-

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #78 on: <01-05-12/1711:37> »
For the record, I'd also be down with a 'Rookie Round-Up', a dosier series about young runners, rather than legends, who might turn into something someday. A member or two of Dev's team, for instance, or an Ork that Bull's started to mentor, or a magician that Man-of-Many-Names passed a fetish to, etc.

"Alright guys, my nephew Steve calls himself 'HomeSlice' ... yeah, it's a terrible name, but he refuses to change it, so, feel free to give him a new one. At any rate, he's a fair hacker with a penchant for combat crashing, rather than soft insertion, and doesn't mind going in meat-side. Since Slamm-o's gone couch potato, you might want to look into him. Here's a breakdown of his latest work..."

That sort of thing. Maybe someone pulled off a big run and they want to keep an eye on them to see if they have a future as a Jackpointer, or maybe they just ticked off the wrong person and are going to be used as an example of what NOT to do, but, regardless, give some airtime to the new blood.

But, that's just me.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #79 on: <01-05-12/1735:00> »
The thing about great Dragons (And really, any "high karma", powerful mage) that everyone ALWAYS forgets is quickened and anchored spells.  Spells with triggers attached to them.  Lots of spells with lots of triggers.

At the very least, were I Lofwyr?  "Fireball, Force 50" centered on him if his health ever drops low enough to kill him. 

But more likely "Detect Threat" linked to a high force Barrier, Invisibility, Healing, and illusion spell. That's how perianwyr always manages to survive the old Mercurial adventure :)

Bull

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #80 on: <01-05-12/1751:22> »
But really, unless your name is Twist, if you piss off a dragon, you should just get the hell out of town.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #81 on: <01-05-12/1819:13> »
The thing about great Dragons (And really, any "high karma", powerful mage) that everyone ALWAYS forgets is quickened and anchored spells.  Spells with triggers attached to them.  Lots of spells with lots of triggers.

Bull
How many buttons does Harley have again?  ;)
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #82 on: <01-05-12/1909:40> »
But more likely "Detect Threat" linked to a high force Barrier, Invisibility, Healing, and illusion spell. That's how perianwyr always manages to survive the old Mercurial adventure :)
I will miss reading about wacky anchoring setups using the SR2 rules.
Want to see my flash new jacket?

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #83 on: <01-05-12/1912:01> »

Bull
Thirty seven pieces of flair.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #84 on: <01-05-12/1919:52> »

Bull
Snorting Snapple is painful. Stop making me do that. ;)

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #85 on: <01-05-12/1924:04> »
At the very least, were I Lofwyr?  "Fireball, Force 50" centered on him if his health ever drops low enough to kill him. 

Really? That low, huh?
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #86 on: <01-05-12/1926:36> »

Really? That low, huh?
Well, dragons tend to be protective of the environment. You do it too big, you set the atmosphere on fire, and everything's cooked.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #87 on: <01-05-12/1927:17> »

Bull
Snorting Snapple is painful. Stop making me do that. ;)
If reading this forum has become painful for me, by God I'm not going to suffer alone.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #88 on: <01-05-12/1938:27> »
If reading this forum has become painful for me, by God I'm not going to suffer alone.
IF I SUFFER EVERYONE SUFFERS WITH ME!!!
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Carmody

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #89 on: <01-06-12/0503:34> »
Frankly I do like the Street Legend idea of giving more information about SR universe key people.
But I also think that giving them statistics was a mistake.
"If you stat them, they can be killed?"
That reason among others...
My profile picture is a crop of Alfredo Lopez Jr  Mickey/Wolverine.