NEWS

Stealing a car rigger style?

• 6 Replies

grffnhwk

• Newb
« on: <05-23-17/1254:04> »
I've read all about the hacking and spoofing and then the 24 hit extended hardware test.  What about converting your new getaway car to a throwback (Hardware + Logic [Mental] 8, 10 min, Ext test) and then installing a spoof chip (Hardware + Logic (2)) and morphing plates? Takes about a half hour to do on average.  Shorter if you're really good and/or have help.
« Last Edit: <05-23-17/1308:08> by grffnhwk »

grffnhwk

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <05-23-17/1312:48> »
Anti-theft... mechanically disabling system is Hardware + Logic [Mental?] (4) test.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <05-23-17/1318:28> »
Nothing about it

Installing a spoof chip requires a Hardware + Logic [Logic] (2) Test.

Installing a modification always uses the Mechanic skill relevant to the vehicle (Automotive, Nautical, etc.). The installer makes a (Mechanic Skill) + Logic [Logic] (threshold, 1 hour) Extended Test, applying all appropriate modifiers from the Build/Repair Table (p. 146, SR5).

Removing a feature should probably be treated the same as installing it without the trouble looking for parts.

So just use the Gridlink and the Pilot modification as basis to create the throwback.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

grffnhwk

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <05-23-17/1336:43> »
Nothing about it

Installing a spoof chip requires a Hardware + Logic [Logic] (2) Test.

Installing a modification always uses the Mechanic skill relevant to the vehicle (Automotive, Nautical, etc.). The installer makes a (Mechanic Skill) + Logic [Logic] (threshold, 1 hour) Extended Test, applying all appropriate modifiers from the Build/Repair Table (p. 146, SR5).

Removing a feature should probably be treated the same as installing it without the trouble looking for parts.

So just use the Gridlink and the Pilot modification as basis to create the throwback.

I was using the throwback rules on p421 of the Core Rulebook.  Made sense as severing the matrix connection is dealing with hardware. 

I could maybe see needing Locksmith or Mechanic to get into the dashboard or computer casing in the engine bay/trunk.

I'd use the Mechanic skill to undo the hack job you just did to the car and pulling the computer to install a new one. 

Turning it into a throwback just turns of its wireless connection.  You could still plug in and remote pilot or use the manual controls.  If you want you could throw a data tap on when you're disconnecting crap with your hardware skill and Hack on the Fly vs it's device rating now that it's been disconnected from any PAN or WAN network.  But really, I don't think that's necessary.

Edit2: Gecko tape + morphing license plate means the spoof chip and time is your cost for picking up a disposable getaway car.
« Last Edit: <05-23-17/1531:48> by grffnhwk »

Rooks

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <05-24-17/0248:41> »
You can illegally change a device’s owner with a Hardware toolkit and
an Extended Hardware + Logic [Mental] (24, 1 hour)
test. A glitch on that test results in the item sending a
report to the authorities.

Transys Maid x15 120000
Vulcan Liegelord   66000
Modify Add attribute Sleaze 2000

Smoke n Mirrors 250

Agent 4 8000
Swarm 600

Rating 4 Hardware Autosoft
108000 rating 6 attack dongle (debateable)
Conestoga Trailblazer 75,000¥

Trailer (Trailblazer) 20 000

4+4+14 so 22 dice or 5 hits an hour (~5 hours total+resetting time)if you buy hits load the car up into the back of the trailer sent the drones to change ownership while the truck drives around

The Bald Man

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <05-24-17/1349:09> »
Transys Maid x15 120000

What sourcebook has this?

grffnhwk

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <05-24-17/1420:34> »
You can illegally change a device’s owner with a Hardware toolkit and
an Extended Hardware + Logic [Mental] (24, 1 hour)
test. A glitch on that test results in the item sending a
report to the authorities.

Transys Maid x15 120000
Vulcan Liegelord   66000
Modify Add attribute Sleaze 2000

Smoke n Mirrors 250

Agent 4 8000
Swarm 600

Rating 4 Hardware Autosoft
108000 rating 6 attack dongle (debateable)
Conestoga Trailblazer 75,000¥

Trailer (Trailblazer) 20 000

4+4+14 so 22 dice or 5 hits an hour (~5 hours total+resetting time)if you buy hits load the car up into the back of the trailer sent the drones to change ownership while the truck drives around
I actually wanted to stay away from Swarm cheese and the 5+ hour method.  That is assuming you want to keep using the car long term without anymore issues.  I think I have a way of doing it without the odd roaming chop shop truck.  I've got it down in my head, just have to figure out how to put it on paper so it's easy to read/understand.

Transys Maid x15 120000

What sourcebook has this?

Stolen Souls

Interesting read to up your Knowledge Skill. :)
http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/how-to/a7386/how-it-works-the-computer-inside-your-car/

« Last Edit: <05-24-17/2258:02> by grffnhwk »