NEWS

Digital Toolbox Errata

• 29 Replies

The Masked Ferret

• Chummer
  • CDT Special Agent
« Reply #15 on: <02-05-14/1431:53> »
They all had a few "extras" tossed their way, just for fun.  Believe me, I laboriously built them exactly according to starting character standards (and edited them over and over again, as we put final touches on the rules), and then I just kind of...didn't want to keep them that way any more. 

So they all got a little something here and there (a skill above 6, a little extra piece of gear, something like that), just to round them out a little bit, and make sure they were all just a tinge more playable and -- especially -- a little more forgiving to new players.

Please put a note somewhere that these adjustments were made, so that someone does not think that these are legal starting characters that could be used for Missions.

Also, I have not checked their traits, but shouldn't you make sure that these characters are valid Missions Characters (at least with the rules we have now)?
SpeechThoughtMatrix/E-mail/TextingAstralSub-vocal

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #16 on: <02-05-14/2219:44> »
Just a quick heads up, fellas, but tomorrow's the last day I've got to finish getting this stuff together, and shooting the email off to The Powers That Be.  If anyone's got any errata for this product, and wants to sneak it in prior to the print run, the clock's ticking!

Raizer13

• Newb
« Reply #17 on: <02-06-14/1039:59> »
Plots and paydata p 10.   Coydog casts manabolt with 4 net hits but does 10 damage.   This is not how direct combat spells work in sr5. (Unless I missed an errata somewhere).   Should be 4 damage unresisted.

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #18 on: <02-06-14/1112:51> »
Plots and paydata p 10.   Coydog casts manabolt with 4 net hits but does 10 damage.   This is not how direct combat spells work in sr5. (Unless I missed an errata somewhere).   Should be 4 damage unresisted.
<Sigh> Well, at least when people start citing the Tool Box as proof in rules arguments, we can point to this thread.
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

tasti man LH

• Chummer
« Reply #19 on: <02-06-14/1709:15> »
Something in particular I find concerning:

"Wired reflexes are incompatible with augmentations that affect Reaction and Initiative". (Rules of the Street, p. 77)

...you're shittin' me, right?

Also, rescinding on my earlier note since I discovered that the Critter Power list IS in the book.
"I prefer the Turnabout discussions more then the Roundabout variety"

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #20 on: <02-06-14/1721:23> »
"Wired reflexes are incompatible with augmentations that affect Reaction and Initiative". (Rules of the Street, p. 77)
That is in the current SR5 rules (although you can pair WR with Reaction Enhancers if both of their wireless functionality is turned on).
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

tasti man LH

• Chummer
« Reply #21 on: <02-06-14/1745:46> »
That is in the current SR5 rules (although you can pair WR with Reaction Enhancers if both of their wireless functionality is turned on).

Flipside here is that Wireless Bonuses are completely absent from the ruleset in Alphaware. Plus, it might give new players and GMs the wrong idea about Wires.

Also:

The Horizon Flying Eye drone is listed as being able to carry a flash-pak and smoke grenade... (Rules of the Street, p. 80)

...and yet smoke grenades are not listed nor statted anywhere in the Grenade section. (Rules of the Street, p. 68-69)

Tzeentch

• Newb
« Reply #22 on: <02-06-14/1829:31> »
The included map does not show the Storm Front PCC/Aztlan border change.

tasti man LH

• Chummer
« Reply #23 on: <02-06-14/1832:24> »
The two Logic + Navigation tests in Hardpoint's solo adventure do not have any Threshold listed. (Hardpoint Dossier, p. 6-7)

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #24 on: <02-07-14/0727:34> »
Thanks for the assistance, dudes and dudettes, the file's away.  Fingers crossed!

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #25 on: <02-07-14/0833:25> »
Great to hear. Hopefully TPTB at CGL recognize this a positive input from the community (and freelancers ;))...perhaps the model could even be used on future releases? 8)

tasti man LH

• Chummer
« Reply #26 on: <02-07-14/2323:07> »
*looks at the long list of Errata threads*

You'd think that they'd get the memo by now...

tasti man LH

• Chummer
« Reply #27 on: <02-09-14/2246:07> »
Ugh; probably too late to mention this, but I will anyways:

QSR has no Rigging rules.

It may seem like a minor matter, but I bring this up because as is, if you go just by QSR rules, and you can't have Hardpoint do Rigging things. And that as it sits, in the QSR he's just going to be a dwarf with an SMG and not much else. In which Sledge is better at doing that then he is.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #28 on: <03-16-14/1840:10> »
Sorry, thought I'd responded a few weeks ago (obviously) -- my errata file got sent out, and yes, I'd noticed the Rigging rules thing ahead of time. 

We're all officially at "wait and see what actually changed," at this point.

tasti man LH

• Chummer
« Reply #29 on: <03-17-14/0641:13> »
Sorry, thought I'd responded a few weeks ago (obviously) -- my errata file got sent out, and yes, I'd noticed the Rigging rules thing ahead of time. 

We're all officially at "wait and see what actually changed," at this point.

Ah, well that puts me at ease...for now, at least.

Time to play the waiting game...