NEWS

Max HP cap?

• 5 Replies

Jamelfr

• Chummer
  • Nerps for beer. Nerps for president.
« on: <10-13-14/0148:28> »
Quick question. Is it possible for a runner to have more than 8 Max HP? The runner card stops at 8 and we were wondering if that means that Max HP stop at 8 or if it just was a "lack of space" issue?

I am not arguing if getting 9-10 max HP is an optimal way of using the Karma upgrades (probably not), but the question rised in our last game... :)

Jamelfr

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <10-15-14/2347:34> »
A lil' bump. :)  Searching the rulebook and no mention of a cap for Max HP, so I guess sky is the limit. Obviously, Karma can be used in better ways that giving 9HP+ to a troll, but hey, it sure helped in our last Extraction mission lol.

T2-Keks

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <11-04-14/0615:02> »
Maybe just go with the max of 8 that's on the character card.

My team hasn't collected enough karma yet to have to worry about that :)

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <11-04-14/0829:17> »
Quick question. Is it possible for a runner to have more than 8 Max HP? The runner card stops at 8 and we were wondering if that means that Max HP stop at 8 or if it just was a "lack of space" issue?

I am not arguing if getting 9-10 max HP is an optimal way of using the Karma upgrades (probably not), but the question rised in our last game... :)

it was more than likely a lack of space issue, but there are so many better ways for trolls to spending that karma. Cigar money has been my go to upgrade since day one!
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

SevenSpirits

• Newb
  • Crossfire Co-Designer
« Reply #4 on: <11-04-14/1612:07> »
You can indeed have more than 8 HP if you build your character that way.

Jamelfr

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <11-04-14/1936:01> »
You can indeed have more than 8 HP if you build your character that way.

Thank you for the answer. :)

it was more than likely a lack of space issue, but there are so many better ways for trolls to spending that karma. Cigar money has been my go to upgrade since day one!

Yeah,  I mostly use the 9 HP with my troll when we play 2 players Extraction mission. Those extra points can be useful to survive the 6 rounds. But I must admit I should be more creative in the use of my Karma in my future sessions.