NEWS

Milspec Tech

• 73 Replies

Tarot

• Newb
  • Never get involved in a land war in Asia
« Reply #60 on: <03-15-11/1325:41> »
HRT High-threat Response Team ICR where I saw this but, I think it was the 2nd ed. corp book
Why do they always shoot the mage 1st?

Man Who Walks At Night

• Newb
« Reply #61 on: <03-15-11/1353:03> »
Note though: Standard postal van? Really? With Visible Armoured plates?  ???

Gives a whole new meaning to "Going Postal" :P
-Frag you and the hog you rode in on.

Man Who Walks At Night

• Newb
« Reply #62 on: <03-15-11/1402:35> »
HRT High-threat Response Team ICR where I saw this but, I think it was the 2nd ed. corp book

The Neo-Anarchists' Guide To Real Life lists "Doc Wagon Response" (Page 45-46)   as the following:

Standard Response (DocWagon Standard Response Teams -SRTs)
(Client is injured or took ill in a relatively safe environment)

Crisis Response (Crisis Response Team -CRTs)
(Large multi vehicle accidents, gang wars, Earthquakes and so on, usually involving multiple clients)

High Threat Response (DocWagon High Threat Response Teams - HTRs)
(In North American cities, a distressingly high percentage of calls to DocWagon require a "high active threat" response: both the
client and the Incoming team face a serious threat posed by the hostile actions of others)

Its a book well worth getting for many reasons, I love the mix of content making it highly useful in most campaigns.
-Frag you and the hog you rode in on.

freddieflatline

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #63 on: <03-16-11/1627:50> »
Question I have would a HRT go into a corporate enclave to save a client.  I.E. a shadow runner gets shot to sh*t in a Aztechnology arco.  Would DocWagon even try to extract him.  To my thinking probably not.  Any other ideas?

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #64 on: <03-16-11/1633:35> »
Question I have would a HRT go into a corporate enclave to save a client.  I.E. a shadow runner gets shot to sh*t in a Aztechnology arco.  Would DocWagon even try to extract him.  To my thinking probably not.  Any other ideas?
It'd probably depend on two things:

1) How far into the Arco would they have to go.
2) How much is the runner worth to DocWagon.

They'll try to get him if he's close to the boundaries (i.e. rooftop, just inside the fence, etc.), but further in they'd require clearance from the Azzies to enter their territory. On the second point, they will probably risk more if you're a Platinum + member versus the typical member.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #65 on: <03-16-11/1641:47> »
By law, they're not supposed to without permission.  I imagine some corporations that use DocWagon (instead of an in-house care provider) might have standing "extradition treaties" (for lack of a better term) that DocWagon probably negotiates pretty hard for.  The more of the sprawl DW can fly into without hassle, the more they can advertise about their extensive coverage, after all. 

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #66 on: <03-16-11/2108:05> »
By law, they're not supposed to without permission.  I imagine some corporations that use DocWagon (instead of an in-house care provider) might have standing "extradition treaties" (for lack of a better term) that DocWagon probably negotiates pretty hard for.  The more of the sprawl DW can fly into without hassle, the more they can advertise about their extensive coverage, after all.
There's a good chapter opening/story in Augmentation I think, where DocWagon is called to a firefight outside an Azzie block.

The rookie wants to head in to save someone, and the veteran pulls him back on extra-territoriality.

It's hardly a specific rule on DocWagon services, but it's a good snapshot of the HTR mindset...
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #67 on: <03-16-11/2129:15> »
DocWagon is a AA-Corporation itself, which means that, legally speaking, their HTR Teams are probably looked on as Soldiers (Or "Aggressive Security Forces" or whatever PC BS name they're given in the 2070s.), and any step over extraterritorial land would most likely have to be done with permission or else cause the Corporate equivalent of a "International Incident".

They work on UCAS Soil as part of a contract that probably limits where and what the teams can do ("No shooting at Metroplex Guard Soldiers or Vehicles that have IDed themselves" in Seattle, for example.).  The AAA-Level Corporations probably have their own medical facilities on major sites, and require "A polite vid-call" before a HRT is allowed on any other property.

But we've moved away from MilSpecTech, so...
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

freddieflatline

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #68 on: <03-18-11/1235:31> »
Personally I really do not see a DocWagon HTR or any other team going anywhere near a AAA's corporate property unless they have gotten permission from their legal department.  To many headaches dealing with a hostile security response not to mention the law suits.  I remember one c-punk game that I ran where the cop team made up of my players' PCs was held up getting to a crime scene because it was on corp. property that was considered extra-territorial.  Took NCPD legal four hours to get them into it.  Man my players were pissed:-)

Morg

« Reply #69 on: <03-23-11/1701:07> »
It would be quite the interesting read if some of the writers got together and wrote down some security operations  manuals for magical matrix and physical in the 2070s I know as a GM I would buy one for MTC, Knight Errant, The Jaguar Guard, and Lone Star even if they cost me $40 each

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #70 on: <03-23-11/1853:26> »
It would be quite the interesting read if some of the writers got together and wrote down some security operations  manuals for magical matrix and physical in the 2070s I know as a GM I would buy one for MTC, Knight Errant, The Jaguar Guard, and Lone Star even if they cost me $40 each
I wouldn't.

They'd have a lot of duplicated ground between each other (and each would likely post other Corp guides with big criticisms, saying 'we don't do it like this Corp because X, Y and Z and they're big stinky-heads'.

However, I would certainly buy a single sourcebook with a compilation of different corp security models. Maybe split into Physical, Matrix, Magical and Weird&Wacky security sections? Also some guidelines on running a Security-based campaign?

That would be cool.
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

James McMurray

• Omae
« Reply #71 on: <03-23-11/2034:02> »
I'd like it better if it came with ready-made security packages I could splice together. So one place could have AAA matrix security, AA physical, but only B or C magical. Kinda like PACKS but for secured locations.
Need a random generator?  Click here.

Check out our campaign.

freddieflatline

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #72 on: <03-27-11/1621:27> »
I'd like it better if it came with ready-made security packages I could splice together. So one place could have AAA matrix security, AA physical, but only B or C magical. Kinda like PACKS but for secured locations.

Actually I think that would be pretty cool.  I have the old Security Rigger book I think from FASA.  Might just have to pull it our along with some of the newer books and see what I can come up with:-)

James McMurray

• Omae
« Reply #73 on: <03-27-11/1720:32> »

Actually I think that would be pretty cool.  I have the old Security Rigger book I think from FASA.  Might just have to pull it our along with some of the newer books and see what I can come up with:-)

Which edition was it for and what was it called? If it's anything like plug-n-play corporate security packages I'd love to see it. And if you come up with anything, please share! :)
Need a random generator?  Click here.

Check out our campaign.