NEWS

Clutch of dragons metapolots

• 208 Replies

bobo69

• Chummer
« on: <08-08-12/1614:15> »
Well from reading the book a LOT of plots here:

Here are a few:

1. Lofwyr advocating a less bad punishment for Hestaby but the destruction of Alamais. Its hinted that Lofwyr is the mate or is in love with Hestaby. And yes Lofwyr seems to be the most influential as Loremaster of his kind. Not the most powerful though. Hestaby is the greatest dragon magician.

2. Aden hates Lofwyr and Harlequin and its hinted they are enemies from before but forced into an alliance vs....The Big G

3. Ghostwalker is back. Harlequin is about to go to war with Ghostwalker.

4. Lofwyr, Arleesh, Aden & Lung vs. Hestaby, Masaru, Rhonbywy & the Rain Queen

5. Harlqeuin, Aztechnology(yes Harlequin is allying himself with these guys) vs. the Big G

6. A new dragon(not a great one) has awakened in the tomb of the yellow emperor in Xian. That was what the explosion was.

7. Looks like a second front might open up with CAS coming into war vs. Aztlan. The CAS is demanding the return of parts of New Mexico and Texas back to the CAS.

8. Also Lofwyr vs. Sirrurg & Alamais. While Sirrurg is the destroyer, Alamais is the dragon supremacy asshole who has taken over in GEMITO and turned it into its hunting grounds.

9. New dragon weapons, yeah the nano tech weapon looks scary.

10. As for dragons going toxic or becoming insect shamans. Doubt it unless really young and inexperienced. Its hinted that the dragons have magic to cleanse the toxic contamination. the insect spirits are not strong enough to taken on a adult or even great dragon. The magic is just too powerful. But probably the dragons are manipulating the toxics and insects shamans for their own ends.

11. Johnny Spinrad vs. Lofwyr. Spin is trying to fuck Lofwyr's agenda. However Lofwyr is too busy with internal politics though Spinrad might be doing the bidding of Hestaby or Alamais.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <08-08-12/1820:33> »
Spinrad and Lofwyr go way back.

As for dragon magician, Hestaby's a big gun, but I'd say that she isn't the top of the pile. My 3-2-1 would, personally, go Ryumyo-Schwartzkopf-Lung, but Hestaby probably sits at #4. IMHO and all that.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <08-08-12/2008:03> »
No. Hestaby is definitely the best spellcaster alive.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #3 on: <08-08-12/2208:02> »
Hetaby is the best Spellcaster.  Ghostwalker is the best conjurer.  I'm not certain who's the strongest or toughest, phsyically though, offhand.  GW and Lofwyr are likely in the top 5 though.  Lofwyr, though SKm is probably the most overall powerful though.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <08-08-12/2307:15> »
Actually, Kaltenstein is the largest, toughest (Body 35), and strongest (Strength 60).

Lofwyr is the second biggest physical badass, then Ghostwalker, and finally everyone else. At least among those assembled Great Dragons from the Rite of Succession council during Survival of the Fittest.

TheNarrator

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <08-08-12/2337:08> »
I don't know if there are any stats for him, but Sirrurg is likely one of the most physically powerful dragons, given that back in the 4th World he was famously obsessed with physical prowess and physical combat, preferring to do his killing with his own claws.

Aban was also famously physically powerful, to point of being second only to Dunkelzhan in size despite being the youngest of the great dragons. But I have no idea if she's still alive in the Sixth World or what name she might be using if she is. If she was still around, then after a few more millenia of growth she'd probably have become the largest and strongest dragon.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #6 on: <08-09-12/0022:53> »
Yeah, but who can win in a drinking contest?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <08-09-12/0120:04> »
Now....what about the stuff up with FastJack?
His mis-remembering that a)Fatima was dead and b) who wrote an article.
His rather un-FastJack like comment at..dev/grrl? Icarus? and then saying he didn't remember
    posting it?
(and that is just where I am right now in the reading)

VajraSupremus

• Chummer
« Reply #8 on: <08-09-12/0134:38> »
Why would Arleesh even do any fighting? I thought she was busy functioning as a cleanser to tainted magical artifacts?

VajraSupremus

• Chummer
« Reply #9 on: <08-09-12/0137:49> »
Also, Schwartzkopf is a skilled teacher. An artificer. Hestaby's skill with magic is immensely greater, and so is her skill in picking strong Awakened for her Shasta Shamans group.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <08-09-12/0343:46> »
Hetaby is the best Spellcaster.  Ghostwalker is the best conjurer.  I'm not certain who's the strongest or toughest, phsyically though, offhand.  GW and Lofwyr are likely in the top 5 though.  Lofwyr, though SKm is probably the most overall powerful though.

Well, I default to you and James, obviously, but I'll be sulking for a bit. I guess that Lung and Schwartzkopf just have more *gravitas* in my mind and, as such, should get primacy in their chosen field.

Ghostwalker is top conjurer, however, has no doubt. :)

And, as noted by another, I think Sirrug might be the beefiest physically. Doesn't mean much in THIS day and age, but hey. :)

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <08-09-12/0420:11> »
Actually, Kaltenstein is the largest, toughest (Body 35), and strongest (Strength 60).

Lofwyr is the second biggest physical badass, then Ghostwalker, and finally everyone else. At least among those assembled Great Dragons from the Rite of Succession council during Survival of the Fittest.

When I said most poweful overall, I mean that in a general sense. (Which you may have caught, I'm not certain, but I'm clarifying anyway).  :)

He's powerful magically and phsyically, even if not the top dog in either field.  But he's also got sole control of a megacorp, something no other dragon can match.  And for all the wealth, knowledge, and power the other dragons have, a fraggin' Corp trumps them all, especially when added to his already considerable talents and assets.

Ghostwalkers still my favorite great dragon though (Well, living one, anyway).  I just like his moxie and attitude.  Lofwyr has the ruthless corper thing down, but in the long run, he's sold out to become "the man".  Ghostwalker though, he's not afraid of anyone's drek, and he's willing to back his words up with action. :)

Sirrug is also fun.

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <08-09-12/0424:17> »
Well, I default to you and James, obviously, but I'll be sulking for a bit. I guess that Lung and Schwartzkopf just have more *gravitas* in my mind and, as such, should get primacy in their chosen field.

Ghostwalker is top conjurer, however, has no doubt. :)

And, as noted by another, I think Sirrug might be the beefiest physically. Doesn't mean much in THIS day and age, but hey. :)

Gravity and dignity do not make you powerful, unfortunately.  And among dragons, I'd be willing to bet that's a sign that they've learned their limitations,  Likely the hard way.  So they sit back and concentrate on doing what they do.

I imagine Schartz as The Teacher and Lung as the Philosopher.  Lofwyr's the Lord.  Ghostwalker is the Conjurer.  Hestaby is the Sorceress.  Sirrug is the Destroyer. 

Hrmm, I actually like that, assigning titles to the dragons. Anyone got any more (or better ones?)  I imagine most Dragons have their niche, their role.

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #13 on: <08-09-12/0557:00> »
Well from reading the book a LOT of plots here

Interesting...
Fortunately I have an American friend who will be at Gencon, so I've put my best Johnson costume and hired him to get some books at the Catalyst booth for me :p
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #14 on: <08-09-12/0741:11> »

When I said most poweful overall, I mean that in a general sense. (Which you may have caught, I'm not certain, but I'm clarifying anyway).  :)

I was specifically replying to this

I'm not certain who's the strongest or toughest, phsyically though, offhand.  GW and Lofwyr are likely in the top 5 though.

I will of course grant that as a matter of global and draconic power and influence Lofwyr is #1.