NEWS

Shadowrun 4E and Earthdawn connections?

• 162 Replies

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #30 on: <04-24-12/0153:59> »
The dragons were sleeping (mostly) through the Fifth World. Some 'historical' dragon sightings may have been a dragon that got disturbed in its lair, and had a snack.

As for the Aztlan book quote, I take it to mean that, before the Fourth World ended, the Dragons and the Immortal Elves had a chat, and decided on a path forward, to prepare for the next Awakening.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #31 on: <04-24-12/0200:02> »
There were plenty of major changes that happened as soon as the SIxth World began, not gradual like over the length of the Fifth World, but just sudden "Tearing the Roman Catholic Church apart and making it incredibly hated in Ireland" changes.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #32 on: <04-24-12/0205:08> »
Add in a couple waves of VITAS, a dragon answering a call for jihad by burning a city to the ground, and how religious groups in general reacted to metahumanity and the Awakened, and yes, they lost a lot of clout, very quickly.

My Characters

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #33 on: <04-24-12/0517:29> »
Just see this topic emerges from time to time...I have a Question...
Ancient files. The site is down for almost a year now.

Are they gone for good and never appear anywhere again? Or is there any hidden copy in the Library, that man can download and protect as a precious treasure in his database of resources?

CitizenJoe

• Ace Runner
« Reply #34 on: <04-24-12/0658:28> »
In the Aztlan sourcebook, D and the IEs were discussing the possibility of a dragon being on the Board.  D denied any rumors.  In his will, he left his board seat to someone.  He was totally trolling the elves.

In order to avoid a religious debate, I am limiting this next part to the ED/SR setting...
First thing you have to remember is that Earthdawn (and Shadowrun) is not DND.  Next thing to remember is that Passions were not gods.  I'm not saying they were horrors pretending to be gods (although that's a fun line of thought), I'm saying that they were not thought of as gods.  Back in the 4th world, it was an age of heroes.  They wielded unimaginable power.  The common folk saw them rise from their own villages to become fierce defenders.  When you see that kind of magic demonstrated first hand and it is explainable, it is very hard to get anyone to believe in gods rather than just powerful people. It wasn't until magic was stripped away and only the memories of such things existed as legends that you could convince people of the existence of gods.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #35 on: <04-24-12/0740:28> »
I always had a feeling that passions are more like Memetics...the more people believes in them, the more power they have...well I never thought that they were personalized or something like that...
Just generalized tendencies...
ma I wrong?

CitizenJoe

• Ace Runner
« Reply #36 on: <04-24-12/0805:01> »
Ya, that's pretty close to how I was envisioning them.

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #37 on: <04-24-12/0814:39> »
Someone's got a mirror of the Ancient Files. I'll try to find the link, but it might have to wait until I get home from this class this weekend.
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

Stry

• Chummer
« Reply #38 on: <04-24-12/1225:15> »

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #39 on: <04-24-12/1635:38> »
To George "Locomotive" Fenamore, wherever he is at present, I sadly bequeath the locked steel box number 412 from my private vault at the Manhattan Citibank Depository. The box is not to be opened until he deems it absolutely necessary, or until my comrade manages to successfully "survive" another Double Tuesday. I pray the darkness ends for you someday.
I wanna know what's in the boooooooooooooooooooox!
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #40 on: <04-24-12/1657:36> »
Do you realize that implies there could be several hundred other boxes full of crazy shit sitting in a vault in Lower Manhattan?

Ancient History

• Newb
« Reply #41 on: <04-24-12/1904:01> »

Are they gone for good and never appear anywhere again? Or is there any hidden copy in the Library, that man can download and protect as a precious treasure in his database of resources?
I'm out man. There are mirrors and archives of everything up, and if you absolutely can't find something feel free to ping me. But I am out.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #42 on: <04-24-12/1907:48> »

http://web.archive.org/web/20100117082050/http://ancientfiles.dumpshock.com/Dunk_Will.htm

Edit- Hello AH hope you're doing well.
« Last Edit: <04-24-12/1912:00> by Angelone »
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #43 on: <04-24-12/1913:32> »
Do you realize that implies there could be several hundred other boxes full of crazy shit sitting in a vault in Lower Manhattan?
If the DF hasn't moved it already.

My Characters

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #44 on: <04-24-12/1941:37> »
Link I had wasn't on archive.org, as I recall. Someone on Dumpshock has it mirrored. See what I can come up.

Okay, here.
« Last Edit: <04-24-12/1945:15> by Patrick Goodman »
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator