NEWS

Harlequin

• 214 Replies

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #15 on: <09-09-10/1123:48> »
You have to look at it like I do. The 'big dogs' took action to prevent the Horrors from crossing over for a least a few centuries. So, don't worry. Be happy. ;D

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #16 on: <09-09-10/1125:48> »
You have to look at it like I do. The 'big dogs' took action to prevent the Horrors from crossing over for a least a few centuries. So, don't worry. Be happy. ;D

I just don't like that whole storyline... I'm simply much more Cyberpunk than Mage, I guess...
« Last Edit: <09-09-10/1331:11> by Doc Chaos »
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #17 on: <09-09-10/1239:16> »
Why in the name of all that is roasted and squishy would you want to integrate HIM into your campaign? o_O
It always seems to surprise the haters that not everyone hates Harlequin and the other Immortal Elves, the Great Dragon conspiracies, the Earthdawn links, etc, etc...

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #18 on: <09-09-10/1330:30> »
I don't hate. I just don't like it, but I accept it as official story and I use it when need be (for example, when I'm GMing official adventures). But H is one (if not THE) most powerful beings in the known universe of Shadowrun. Bringing him into an adventure means some SERIOUS drek has or is about to hit the fast rotating object.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #19 on: <09-09-10/1336:08> »
I don't hate. I just don't like it, but I accept it as official story and I use it when need be (for example, when I'm GMing official adventures). But H is one (if not THE) most powerful beings in the known universe of Shadowrun. Bringing him into an adventure means some SERIOUS drek has or is about to hit the fast rotating object.
Oh yeah... That's why he very rarely shows up in any games I'm running. If he's there, time to break out the HE/EMP grenades and lasers.

Jadehellbringer

• Global Moderator
  • Chummer
  • My crotch! I'm not supposed to... wait, what?
« Reply #20 on: <09-09-10/1343:06> »
Oh yeah... That's why he very rarely shows up in any games I'm running. If he's there, time to break out the HE/EMP grenades and lasers.

For a moment I thought you said HEMP grenades, and I was pondering new and interesting ways to take down a dragon...
Not to be demanding, but can you please point that Panther Assault Cannon somewhere other than my groin?

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #21 on: <09-09-10/1431:08> »

For a moment I thought you said HEMP grenades, and I was pondering new and interesting ways to take down a dragon...

Ok, since I am obviously not getting the joke here, could somebody enlighten the kraut, please? :)

Jadehellbringer

• Global Moderator
  • Chummer
« Reply #22 on: <09-09-10/1442:33> »

Ok, since I am obviously not getting the joke here, could somebody enlighten the kraut, please? :)

Hemp = marijuana = gas grenade full of weed smoke to make the dragon happy... or at least give him a case of munchies...
Not to be demanding, but can you please point that Panther Assault Cannon somewhere other than my groin?

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #23 on: <09-09-10/1446:21> »

Hemp = marijuana = gas grenade full of weed smoke to make the dragon happy... or at least give him a case of munchies...
How would giving a 10 ton lizard munchies HELP you?!?

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #24 on: <09-09-10/1524:16> »
Make your death quicker? Dragon with the munchies is sure to gulp you down with one bite :)

Oh, and thanks Jade :) Yet another word for weed...

Jadehellbringer

• Global Moderator
  • Chummer
« Reply #25 on: <09-09-10/1641:09> »

If he's jonesing for Cheez-Its and Dr. Pepper, he's not paying attention to whatever it is I'm there to do. ;)

(Not that I'd know of such things, of course. I never went to college or anything, you know. ;) )

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #26 on: <09-09-10/1644:33> »

If he's jonesing for Cheez-Its and Dr. Pepper, he's not paying attention to whatever it is I'm there to do. ;)

(Not that I'd know of such things, of course. I never went to college or anything, you know. ;) )
Meh... I was a Goldfish and Coca-cola man. And the straightest straight-X you ever saw in college. To this the day, the hardest thing I've done is Tequila. Sweet, evil tequila.

*ahem*

But on the subject of Harlequin, I'm kinda hoping he might make just a cameo in the last Dawn of the Artifacts book. If just to tweek Ehran's nose a bit...

dodger

• Newb
« Reply #27 on: <09-09-10/1824:22> »
I hope so as well. But instead of tweaking his nose, he could maybe tug his ear?

-Dodger
"I am no paladin. I never will be. I
refuse to be twisted to serve any person's will."
-Dodger
-Choose Your Enemies Carefully-

Kentares

• Newb
« Reply #28 on: <09-09-10/2018:00> »

I just don't like that whole storyline... I'm simply much more Cyberpunk than Mage, I guess...

That whole storyline was the main culprit to get me into SR/ED (and like you I´m not a mage kind of guy)

Tarot

• Newb
  • Never get involved in a land war in Asia
« Reply #29 on: <09-09-10/2303:53> »
I personally don't like to use the IM's or GD's in my games but I like the way they give depth and history to the rest of the setting. It's just that most of my runners are more concerned with street level affairs than earth shattering event's. (The artifacts arc may be an exception)
« Last Edit: <09-10-10/0016:19> by Tarot »
Why do they always shoot the mage 1st?