NEWS

Bullets & Bandages Errata

• 22 Replies

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #15 on: <12-29-14/0950:21> »
Now, with the new Qualities from Run Faster, we're able to use Harrowed Quality in SR5, but what's the Bonus?

What do you mean?  The Harrowed quality is SR4 only, and I don't see anything from Run Faster to suggest otherwise.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

ElGranAzul

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <12-29-14/1119:27> »
What do you mean?  The Harrowed quality is SR4 only, and I don't see anything from Run Faster to suggest otherwise.

Harrowed (15 BP) (Bullets & Bandages p.12) is a mix of the qualities Critter Spook (Run Faster p.120), Nasty Vibe (Run Faster p.117) and Spirit Bane [spirits of man] (SR5 p.85), plus an additional negative effect.

I suppose that it was only a SR4 quality because the first two doesn't exist when Bullets and Bandages was published, (they was in Runner’s Companion) but now with Run Faster they're now available. In fact, they have in the description: "Not Dead Yet (p. 57, SR5)", so I think they had it into account.

But now I see that Nasty Vive (5) is Positive and Spirit Bane (7) and Critter Spook (5) are negative. That give us a total bonus of 7, not 17. So if we want to use it in SR5 the bonus should be about 9-10?

Pregnacy, for example, also have a 15 BP value in SR4 and 9 Karma in SR5.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <12-29-14/1321:05> »

Harrowed (15 BP) (Bullets & Bandages p.12) is a mix of the qualities Critter Spook (Run Faster p.120), Nasty Vibe (Run Faster p.117) and Spirit Bane [spirits of man] (SR5 p.85), plus an additional negative effect.

I suppose that it was only a SR4 quality because the first two doesn't exist when Bullets and Bandages was published, (they was in Runner’s Companion) but now with Run Faster they're now available. In fact, they have in the description: "Not Dead Yet (p. 57, SR5)", so I think they had it into account.

But now I see that Nasty Vive (5) is Positive and Spirit Bane (7) and Critter Spook (5) are negative. That give us a total bonus of 7, not 17. So if we want to use it in SR5 the bonus should be about 9-10?

Pregnacy, for example, also have a 15 BP value in SR4 and 9 Karma in SR5.

Gotcha!  I'll have to look those over a bit before I give feedback.  Thanks for the answer.  :)

Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

ElGranAzul

• Newb
« Reply #18 on: <12-29-14/1410:11> »

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <12-29-14/1558:24> »
I'm going to look at each of the powers that are referenced by Harrowed and try to compare them between editions.

Power Name            4th edition                                              5th edition
Critter Spook            -5 BP (negative), -2 w/ animals          -5 Karma (negative), -2 w/ animals
Nasty Vibe                5 BP (positive), +3 Intimidation          5 Karma (positive), +2 Intimidation
Spirit Bane [Man]     -10 BP (negative), pisses off spirits   -7 Karma (negative), limited to mages, -2 difficulty to summon, +2 resistance (for the spirit) to banish

So the total BP value was -10 in 4th edition.  In 5th edition, the total Karma value is -7.  The quality's total BP value was -15 though, which means that it had an extra surcharge of 50%.  I would surmise this is because the character doesn't need to be a changeling to get Nasty Vibe with this quality.  So for a 5th edition conversion, I'd still use the 50% surcharge, making the quality a 10-Karma negative quality.  However, because this quality can be taken by non-mages, who otherwise cannot take Spirit Bane, I'd probably bump it up to a 15-point negative quality.

TL;DR - I'd say 15 points for 5th edition.

ElGranAzul

• Newb
« Reply #20 on: <01-02-15/0441:25> »
Perfect :)

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #21 on: <06-04-15/2344:03> »
What is the SR5 armor rating for the PAG Suit?
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Pixie

« Reply #22 on: <06-05-15/0326:23> »
What is the SR5 armor rating for the PAG Suit?

I know this isn't an official answer or anything, but this is how I'd come up with the value.  In 4th edition, the closest thing (statistically) was Armor Clothing (4/0).  In SR5, Armor Clothing is rated at 6 points.  So for the PAG suit, I'd say it's either 5 or 6 (depending on if one wants to be generous).