NEWS

the Illuminati of Magic?

• 13 Replies

Trenchknife

• Chummer
« on: <07-21-11/1250:42> »
I've read some of the Dresden books as well as seen a few of the episodes.  In it they have a council of magic which determines how Things Are Done. 

I am working on building an organization of similar nature for SR-Seattle.  The differences are that it will more resemble the Illuminati.  It will exist in the Shadows, be extremely limited in membership, and it will have world spanning goals. 

What sort of goals do you think it should have?
Who would be members of this Arcanus Illumitas?

(Yes I have some Ideas of my own, but I don't want to prejudice the suggestions I would get.  Mostly just brainstorming at this point.)
Thanks for the help!
It's not the man with the gun that gets you.  It's the three bullets he fired that tore through you vital organs that's killed you.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <07-21-11/1506:10> »
There's probably one or more dragons involved in that kind of thing.  Not directly of course, but they will know what's going on.  Given you want it in Seattle, I would say Hestaby or Ghostwalker are the most likely suspects here.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Cass100199

• Chummer
  • Truth hurts only if you're a dumba**.
« Reply #2 on: <07-22-11/0137:04> »
If you can find an older copy of Mage from White Wolf, they had several groups in there with goals, methods, etc. Might be worth taking a look at.
You can't tell me what toys I can play with.

Trenchknife

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <07-22-11/2303:30> »

If you can find an older copy of Mage from White Wolf, they had several groups in there with goals, methods, etc. Might be worth taking a look at.

I HAD an old copy of Mage, the GMs Worst Nightmare, but I sold that to 1/2 price a long time ago.

There's probably one or more dragons involved in that kind of thing.  Not directly of course, but they will know what's going on.  Given you want it in Seattle, I would say Hestaby or Ghostwalker are the most likely suspects here.

I am pretty sure that I want a dragon to be involved, but I'm not sure that I want it to be one of the known ones in play elsewhere.  Maybe I'll bring the Big D back somehow.  :P
It's not the man with the gun that gets you.  It's the three bullets he fired that tore through you vital organs that's killed you.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <07-23-11/0635:21> »
Draco foundation and Altanteans will definately be interested in this, that's for sure.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <07-23-11/0944:06> »
Or nothing says there isn't another great dragon out there that no one knows about
"Walking through walls isn't tough..... if you know where the doors are."
"It's not being seen that is the trick."

Walks Through Walls

SirDelta

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <07-23-11/1308:36> »
I would think Schwarzkopf would be involved.

Trenchknife

• Chummer
« Reply #7 on: <07-23-11/1729:14> »
I would think Schwarzkopf would be involved.

Schwarzkopf?  I don't recognize that name.

SirDelta

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <07-23-11/1936:46> »
Schwarzkopf is the Great Dragon who lives in Prague and teaches magic at the Charles University.  he also has a a quasi-secret organization of students who go out and do stuff for him.

Trenchknife

• Chummer
« Reply #9 on: <07-27-11/1819:14> »
Sounds interesting.  What resource is he in?

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <07-29-11/0836:23> »
Sounds interesting.  What resource is he in?
Dragons of the Sixth World ;)
"An it harm none, do what you will"

Prime Mover

• Omae
  • Prime Runners need Prime Fixers
« Reply #11 on: <07-29-11/1121:11> »
Several magical groups in the sixth world which fit this description.  Do you want it to be good or evil?  Or just dark and mysterious?
Why do things happen the way they happen? For
all I know the world Is Just one big game and all of
our actions are determined by the roll of a die.
-  Dunkelzahn,  Great-Dragon

Trenchknife

• Chummer
« Reply #12 on: <07-29-11/1537:06> »
I am very much looking at Dark and Mysterious...though I may take them in a similar vein as the Humanis Policlub went.

Prime Mover

• Omae
  • Prime Runners need Prime Fixers
« Reply #13 on: <07-29-11/1933:32> »
Any of the corps hunting artifacts Draco, Apep, Atlantian etc.  Black Lodge my well known personal favorite for dark conspiracy and evil magic.  Also the lodge connected to masons and church very Illuminati.  Any number of magical groups might also fit the bill. 
Why do things happen the way they happen? For
all I know the world Is Just one big game and all of
our actions are determined by the roll of a die.
-  Dunkelzahn,  Great-Dragon