NEWS

Rigger 5 Errata

• 357 Replies

Raven2049

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT "Special" Agent
« Reply #285 on: <08-17-16/1040:11> »
I posted this in the SRM FAQ thread as well but i was going to add it regardless:

Question on Drone Upgrades in Rigger 5

Specifically Armor: Are we paying for the difference in armor, or are we paying for the total end amount of armor? the wording in the Armor section states "Cost equals the upgraded Armor multiplied by the drone’s Body, then multiplied by 200." But the Example shows total amount "Increasing to an Armor of 15 on a Body 3 drone would cost (15 x 3) x 200, or 45 x 200, or 9,000 nuyen." Which is correct?

EX: Upgrading a Roto-Drone to Armor 16 from Armor 8: Am i paying total cost: (4 x 16) x 200 to equal 12,800?
or am i paying the upgraded armor cost: [4 x (16 - 8)]  x 200 to equal 6,400?

Also, if you are purchasing upgrades for your drone, specifically in the case of Sensors and Pilot Programs, is this a situation where you pull the old one out and put a new one in? so you can get 20-30% of the value of the part being pulled out by selling it back? or is this more of a case of "expansion" where you add to existing capabilities? which could imply that you are upgrading the armor as in my 2nd example above. Leading back to that example as well, if it is a matter of complete replacement, do we get 20-30% of the value of the armor being sold back if we are doing the "total cost" example?

Finstersang

• Omae
« Reply #286 on: <08-26-16/1410:10> »
Page 29: Not actuall errata, but you should really rethink the part where drones with filled condition monitor being beyond repair. This one sentence is currently the biggest nail in the Riggerīs coffin.

Page 30: Confuse Pilot uses Attack as the Limit (best game mechanic ever *choke*), yet the highest Attack value RCCs can have is 1 (unless RCCs can take Kommlink dongles, which isnīt clearly stated anywhere). So yeah, itīs not only a Rigger Action, but the noise reduction Bonus seems pretty pointless if the highest possibly number of hits with a RCC is one. Also, itīs not clear what happens after the Droneīs Pilot test.

Page 30: Target Device looks actually usefull (a rare sight in this mess of a book) BUT: How does this fit with the Trace Icon Matrix Action, which needs at least 2 Marks on the target just to get the location? If this Action offers an attack bonus, its obviously needing the location, isnīt it? Also, it could be more clear what this means for targeting held, worn or implanted devices. Is the Attack Bonus also applied on attacks against the user holding the device?

Page 124: No prices for the weapon mounts given. Just in case you forgot...

Page 128: Horizon Nozquito: Are you really sure that these things can stack their modificators that high? I mean, itīs still just loud noises and strobe lights. If Flash-Packs donīt stack, why would the Nozquito?

Page 140: The Renraku LEBD-2 has a body of 3 and only a Mini Weapon Mount holding a Taser installed, yet no Modification Slots are left without any apparent reason. Makes this pricy drone quite less valuabe. As a police logistician, Iīd want the option to install additional options like Tear Gas or Strobe lights....

Page 125-126: Thanks for pointing out that drone legs are basically useless. Fortunately, you also left out the pricing #20Buckswellspent

Page 1-194: No usable vehicle movement rates, no clarification if remote Gunnery uses Logic or Agility, no comprehensive tables for modifications and basic rigger tests... 

Fabe

• Omae
« Reply #287 on: <08-26-16/1855:03> »

Page 30: Confuse Pilot uses Attack as the Limit (best game mechanic ever *choke*), yet the highest Attack value RCCs can have is 1 (unless RCCs can take Kommlink dongles, which isnīt clearly stated anywhere). So yeah, itīs not only a Rigger Action, but the noise reduction Bonus seems pretty pointless if the highest possibly number of hits with a RCC is one. Also, itīs not clear what happens after the Droneīs Pilot test.

Where did you get your book from? according to mine confuse pilot uses data processing as the limit.

Finstersang

• Omae
« Reply #288 on: <08-27-16/0748:02> »
Where did you get your book from? according to mine confuse pilot uses data processing as the limit.

Itīs the pdf version. It may have been fixed in the printed and the localized versions.

Fabe

• Omae
« Reply #289 on: <08-27-16/0859:51> »

Itīs the pdf version. It may have been fixed in the printed and the localized versions.

I have the printed north American edition and it clearly says it uses data process so your PDF is wrong.

Finstersang

• Omae
« Reply #290 on: <08-28-16/1515:58> »
P. 129: The Aztechnology Hedgehog ist designed for intercepting and decrypting communication, but there are no rules for achieving this. The Snoop Matrix action needs 1 Mark and a Sleaze Attribute, yet the Hedgehog has no Sleaze and thus, no means of getting any Marks. That being said: Rules for non-hacking-short-range Signal Interception would be cool  8)   

Fabe

• Omae
« Reply #291 on: <08-29-16/0042:25> »
maybe use pilot+ EW  limited by sensors? that might work until we get something more official.  Also how does this sound for what happens after a successful confuse pilot . on a simple failure the drone losses its next initiative pass  ,if it passes but glitches it drops one spot  and if it critically glitches the pilot crashes program and reboots  as normal.
« Last Edit: <08-29-16/0109:55> by Fabe »

Capnloco

• Newb
« Reply #292 on: <09-05-16/1635:21> »
I didn't see this mentioned elsewhere in the thread:

Pg. 177
"Pickup" Maneuver - No roll for the maneuver is listed. The description clearly requires a roll "The [unwilling] target must get more net hits than the pilot . . . "
It may be as simple a Vehicle Skill + Reaction [Handling] (Terrain + Speed)
Rigger 5.0 , First Printing

This does note a derivative question because Pickup is listed with 'Optimum Speed 2' as a condition but no other maneuvers have an Optimum Speed condition nor is it defined with mechanical impact in the chapter. 

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #293 on: <09-06-16/0118:04> »

I have the printed north American edition and it clearly says it uses data process so your PDF is wrong.
Would depend on the publication date of each book, really.

By nature, the PDFs are easier to update.

-k

Li

• Newb
« Reply #294 on: <09-24-16/2118:08> »
The Transys steed is designed for indoor work, but could you provide some clarification on whether that includes being able to use stairs or not? Part of the main reason paraplegic sucks is because you can't, and it suffers from nebulous wording. Just a bit of clarity would be nice.

Fabe

• Omae
« Reply #295 on: <09-24-16/2121:19> »
What are the costs for drone weapon mounts? I think they were lists somewhere on the forum but my search-fu is weak. or am I wrong and the prices were never posted.

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #296 on: <09-25-16/0919:30> »
The German version has them:

Mikro: 500
Mini: 600
Small: 750
Standard: 1500
Large: 2500
Huge: 3000
Heavy: 4000
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Fabe

• Omae
« Reply #297 on: <09-25-16/1321:14> »
Great,Thanks Jack.

Fabe

• Omae
« Reply #298 on: <09-25-16/2322:47> »
Does the German book also have the thresholds for drone modifications as well as the tools/skills needed? 

RiggerBob

• Chummer
« Reply #299 on: <09-29-16/1211:39> »
What are the costs for drone weapon mounts? I think they were lists somewhere on the forum but my search-fu is weak. or am I wrong and the prices were never posted.

The forum answer your were looking for is MP x 800 Ĩ, see: http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=22807.msg421443#msg421443
« Last Edit: <09-29-16/1215:00> by RiggerBob »