NEWS

Living Dangerously (uses of Glitch)

• 2 Replies

Gingivitis

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« on: <11-22-16/1638:24> »
This post kind of summarizes my thoughts on the Spirits thread, House Rules thread, and Plot Points thread.

I think that a lot of these needs can be addressed with the Live Dangerously use of Plot Points and specific, intentional uses of Glitch Dice. Here, these uses for Plot Points add risk (like Drain/Fading), utility (and options), rewards (like extra damage or a greater spirit), and they don't add extra mechanics or extra rolls (both of which I desperately want to avoid). These could all be Narrated on the fly, but this gives players a specific effect to aim for when they add their own Glitch Dice.  This doesn't replace the Glitch dice that a GM can use to make things more exciting, which would have a more random, unpredictable effect.

Weapon Attack (Suppressing Fire/Stun)
Glitch: Jam - Weapon on Cooldown.
Exploit: Target Narrates last on next Turn.

Weapon Attack (Called Shot)
Glitch: Weapon on Cooldown, miss or opposite desired effect.
Exploit: Increase damage by 1 or add effect of 1 for one Narration.

Defense (Dive for Cover)
Glitch: Prone - Lose Movement next Narration.
Exploit: Gain the use of 3 armor for one Narration.

Sorcery (Overcasting)
Glitch: Drain - Take 1 Stun damage.
Exploit: Increase spell damage by 1 or increase spell effect by 1.

Conjuring (Greater Spirit)
Glitch: Drain - Take 1 Stun damage.
Exploit: Summon a greater spirit.

Tasking (Overthreading)
Glitch: Fading - Take 1 Stun damage.
Exploit: Increase complex form damage by 1 or increase complex form effect by 1.

Tasking (Greater Sprite)
Glitch: Fading - Take 1 Stun damage.
Exploit: Compile an advanced sprite. (see http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=25126.0)

There are tons of other effects or actions that could be converted from 5E, I am sure. They just need a skill, a risk, and a reward.  This is not supposed to act like a list of all possible uses. Like the list of Shadow Amps and Qualities in the book, this is just a jumping off point for more ways to Live Dangerously, so you DON'T have to invent new mechanics for certain actions.

It also has the intended effect of making greater spirits more rare and risky to summon.
« Last Edit: <11-24-16/0110:14> by Gingivitis »
Shadowrun: Anarchy Resources (GM Screens, Character Sheets, New NPCs, House Rules) at: www.surprisethreat.com

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <11-25-16/0828:00> »
I like this a lot!  As you say, within the mechanics of the game but replicating some of the SR5 fun stuff!
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Gingivitis

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #2 on: <11-25-16/1533:13> »
Any other fun moves, power moves, or trick moves that you can do in SR5 but aren't in Anarchy exactly?
Shadowrun: Anarchy Resources (GM Screens, Character Sheets, New NPCs, House Rules) at: www.surprisethreat.com