NEWS

Spy Games!

• 66 Replies

Simagal

• Chummer
  • Credo Quia Absurdum
« Reply #15 on: <05-19-11/1539:13> »
Looks good, I can't wait until my flgs gets it in.
Andrew Grim

Malex

• Omae
  • Hoy!
« Reply #16 on: <05-19-11/1550:40> »
I begin my  long wait for the printed book. :-(
Look past the lies, and all the scary stuff that remains is the truth.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #17 on: <05-19-11/1829:12> »
I got the PDF on the hopes that I won't have another ER Waiting Room visit like I needed in order to read War!.  :P

So far, seems pretty decent.  Some parts seem to be missing, however, in the gear section.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #18 on: <05-19-11/2038:58> »
I got the PDF on the hopes that I won't have another ER Waiting Room visit like I needed in order to read War!.  :P

So far, seems pretty decent.  Some parts seem to be missing, however, in the gear section.
How so?

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #19 on: <05-19-11/2103:00> »
The one that interested me the most is Clean Car Coating (CCC) which has no price, availability, or modification cost.  And, glancing around, there's a few others that caught my eye before, but I'm a bit busy to use the comb.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #20 on: <05-19-11/2357:08> »
I apologize for the lack of info on clean car coating. Stats should be as follows:

Mod   Slot   Threshold   Tools   Cost   Availability
CCC   0   8   shop   Body x 50¥   4

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #21 on: <05-20-11/0040:08> »
So, we can expect this in the Errata Forums soon?

And it looks like a Must-Buy for every Shadowrunner certainly!

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #22 on: <05-20-11/0156:45> »
So, we can expect this in the Errata Forums soon?

And it looks like a Must-Buy for every Shadowrunner certainly!

Slots Zero? Cost is only Body by 50? Availability 4?

It sounds cool, but what is it? The spot-free finish that Paladins use on their armour?
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #23 on: <05-20-11/0200:37> »
Probably similar technology that's used for self-sealing fuel tanks and tires, only designed as a body and paint filler.

Useful for the vehicles too large for the Nanomaintenance Systems, and people who need something that looks better than the Self-Repair System in Arsenal.  Or folks too cheap or ghetto for those items.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #24 on: <05-20-11/0431:33> »
So basically it fills in the pockmarks of a run gone bad?
Want to see my flash new jacket?

Grinder

• Newb
« Reply #25 on: <05-20-11/0539:12> »
There are approximately sixty new named NPCs I introduced for you to use as friends, foes, or more aptly, both. There is a list of intelligence agencies (corp, gov, other) with specialties if any, and a glossary with slang terms.

Oh, and introducing Extraplanar Intelligence.

Well, that sounds good so far. But what's up with Denver? What's happening there? Why do I need a write-up of the city?

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <05-20-11/0703:12> »
Because it is attracting spies like crazy. Or as the Introduction states:

The Treaty City, with its divided political nature, has always contained a thriving espionage industry. The dragon at the top might not like the spy game much, but he can’t stop it, even as powerful as he is. And there are times, of course, that he even plays along, which helps keep things interesting.
Several factors are making the spy situation in Denver hotter than ever. The Az-Am War is not exactly next door, but since it affects Aztlan, the CAS, and other nations, its effects are being felt on the Denver streets. More important than that, though, is the ongoing renegotiation of the Treaty of Denver. The various parties involved can give you a whole bunch of reasons and excuses why they’re pushing the rene- gotiation now, but it all boils down to one thing: opportunity. They’ve spent years knowing that whatever power they had, they held at the mercy of Ghostwalker, and they had to be grateful he gave anything to them at all. But something has changed recently, even though most people would be hard-pressed to say what it is. There is a perception that Ghostwalker is weaker than he used to be, that something has distracted him or sucked up his energy.

As for the GW thing, the reasons are a matter for another upcoming book.

Oh, and there's a reason why DeeCee isn't in Places of Interest.

So basically it fills in the pockmarks of a run gone bad?
Pretty much.
« Last Edit: <05-20-11/0706:17> by Crimsondude »

Valashar

• Omae
  • I'm always angry, but I usually hide it well.
« Reply #27 on: <05-20-11/1352:32> »

Oh, and introducing Extraplanar Intelligence.

Given that much of my campaign has serious astral/resonance attention, I was very glad to see the information on how various agencies and powers are taking the resonance realms into account as far as intelligence security. Getting intel around in such a way that the Eternal Library doesn't get a card catalog entry for it is a solid reason to (as mentioned in the book) bring back good, old fashioned tradecraft.
Shadowrun Missions: GenCon 2013

We groped the cat, and tazed the baby.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #28 on: <05-20-11/1809:38> »
Well, that sounds good so far. But what's up with Denver? What's happening there? Why do I need a write-up of the city?
Because we haven't had a good write-up on Denver since the Denver Box Set, and it's a major part of Shadowrun lore.

The Denver Data Haven if nothing else.

Also, it's a major Spy, Shadowrun, and Smuggler heavy city, full of things for characters to do.  :D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Daishi

• Newb
« Reply #29 on: <05-21-11/0335:09> »
The one that interested me the most is Clean Car Coating (CCC) which has no price, availability, or modification cost.  And, glancing around, there's a few others that caught my eye before, but I'm a bit busy to use the comb.
On the flip side, the tables for Sensor upgrades (T-Ray etc) made it, but specific rule write-ups didn't.