RFID tag implant or wristband (basic service) that can be activat-
ed to call for help and then to serve as a homing beacon for roving
DocWagon ambulances and choppers. Rupture of the band will also
alert a DocWagon representative.
Once a call from a contract-holder is confirmed, most DocWagon
franchises guarantee arrival of an armed trauma team in less than ten
minutes, or else the immediate medical care is free. Resuscitation ser-
vice carries a high premium (5,000¥), as does High Threat Response
(HTR) service (base 5,000¥). In the latter case, the client (or her heir)
is expected to pay medical bills up to and including death compensa-
tion (20,000¥) for DocWagon employees.
Gold service includes one free resuscitation per year, a 50 percent
reduction on HTR service charges, and a 10 percent discount on ex-
tended care. Platinum service includes four free resuscitations per year
and a 50 percent discount on extended care. There is no charge for
HTR services, but employee death compensation still applies. Super-
Platinum subscribers are entitled to five free resuscitations a year and
do not have to pay for HTR services or death compensation.
DocWagon will not respond to calls on extraterritorial government
or corporate property without permission from the controlling authority

10 minutes or less?  What good is 10 minutes to someone with a sucking wound to the chest?
Unless you've been stabilized, if you ever drop into overflow, you're dead in seconds. 

So, as it stands, Doc Wagon is only good if you get shot into unconsciousness and left for dead, and only then, if you're not in an extra-territorial property.  That covers basically 0% of the Shadowrun scenarios out there.  So, let's see if we can't twerk this a little to make it more than just a money-suck for naive shadowrunners.

Doc Wagon Basic - 5,000¥/year - In addition to the services above, every Doc Wagon contract counts as the equivalent of a Street Doc contact.  With a basic account, Doc Wagon will install any augmentation besides restricted or forbidden items for the regular street price.  In addition to the Doc Wagon bracelet having a biomonitor and RFID chip, it also comes with an autoinjector with one free dose of whatever's in a trauma patch.  So, if the biomonitor should notice the runner go into overflow, the autoinjector will automatically apply the trauma patch allowing for a stabilization roll of Body x2.

Doc Wagon Gold - 25,000¥/year - In addition to the services above, with a gold account, Doc Wagon will install restricted augmentations for the regular street price if provided with even the flimsiest forged license.  Furthermore the Doc Wagon bracelet's autoinjector will be filled with a dose of Guts and R1 Oxyrush nanites to help protect the user should the biomonitor register that the user is dying of oxygen deprivation or overcome by fear.  Each of the doses of Guts, Oxyrush and Trauma can be refilled free of charge, once per year.  As an added bonus, any gold member with a medkit on hand and a solid signal can, for a very reasonable fee, have a Doc Wagon medic remotely operate it for immediate First Aid (DP 12-14(+kit rating - penalties)) without need for a medical team on site.

Doc Wagon Platinum - 50,000/year - In addition to the services above, with a platinum account, Doc Wagon will cut their augmentation fees by 10% and offer access to betaware-capable facilities.  The wristband can be replaced with an externally-housed nano-biomonitor system where a small quantity of nanites are introduced to the body through tiny pins in the band.  The autoinjector will now also contain a secondary stabilization option in the form of a R6 Trauma Control System nanites.  The TCS nanites must be restocked for a fee if used, but all of the other injector options can be replaced, each month, free of charge at any Doc Wagon facility, provided Doc Wagon has record of their necessary use.  Finally, First Aid services will come at a discounted price.

Doc Wagon Super-Platinum - 100,000/year - Well, hello fancy-pants.  In addition to the services above, augmentation policies are loosened up to a don't ask don't tell sort of situation.  Meaning that forbidden augmentations are fair game.  This level of membership allows access to the deltaware-capable clinic in Tokyo.  The 10% discount still applies.  All of the bio-monitor/autoinjector options are available with free refills, though, naturally, obvious abuse of the free refill policy will not be tolerated.  Additionally, the remote medical operation for First Aid can be utilized free of charge, day or night, and the policy holder will always get the best medic available (DP 18 +-).

Stats used for the remote medics
Command 6 +1 Commlink Optimization (Command) + 3-5 first aid + 2 specialization (remote operation) = 12-14 dice

Command 6 +1 Commlink Optimization (Command) + 5 first aid + 2 specialization (remote operation) +2 hotsim +2 Codeslinger (Control Device) = 18 dice

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <08-30-11/2112:20> »
I like.

kirk

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <08-30-11/2137:22> »
Bah. Use an Orderly drone, give it a rigger cocoon 2 and gecko tips. Don't forget to add a profession: Medicine autosoft and adaptability to the pilot while upgrading it. Pilot 5 Medicine 5 in a mobile rescue package that has a pair of arms that can load unconscious bodies and outrun most trolls. Standing orders that if I go down grab me, stabilize me, heal me, and get me to my doctor or home as quickly as possible (depending on my situation when giving the order.)

If I have it stay about 20 feet back unless called or rescue orders go into effect, it's less than a combat turn away. Ten minutes? Pikers.

More seriously, while that looks good for the runner it's waaay too expensive for DocWagon to run. The bottom line is profit, not altruism. 5000¥ a year for (as described) unlimited augmentation surgery -- at the highly maintained and skilled (cough) DocWagon facilities?  pffft.  (grin)

XelosUchiha

• Newb
  • Sixth World Superstar
« Reply #3 on: <08-30-11/2146:03> »
I've always seen Doc Wagon as a "Get out of jail free" card for really bad mistakes. For GameMasters that don't want to kill off the player characters, a good thing would be that if they were to die, or the party were to wipe, you can say "you wake up in the back of a doc wagon helicopter" or something

Its useful for new players who make mistakes that would cost them their lives. They still fail the mission and suffer penalties but they don't have to jump right to making new characters.
"I'm going to have to treat you as if you're a ramming vehicle"

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #4 on: <08-31-11/0114:33> »
Why would you ever buy more than a basic level get out of jail free card then?

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #5 on: <08-31-11/0117:33> »
The discounts for the medical attention and HRT Service?

As one of the characters I've written has put it when suggesting DocWagon to everyone, "Check ALL the electives."  'Course, he "Won" the Health Insurance lottery.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Phylos Fett

• Omae
  • Kind-of A Freelancer...
« Reply #6 on: <08-31-11/0126:45> »
The discounts for the medical attention and HRT Service?

As one of the characters I've written has put it when suggesting DocWagon to everyone, "Check ALL the electives."  'Course, he "Won" the Health Insurance lottery.

The extended care deal is pretty good value, too, especially if you get injured a lot...

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #7 on: <08-31-11/0131:14> »
He had a bomb go off in his face and a 160-year old brick, stone, and steel building fall on top of him.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #8 on: <08-31-11/0343:55> »
Paying an extra 20k-95k for discounts on your GM hand of god isn't a winning choice at most tables.

It should come with some sort of tangible benefit.

100 grand is the equivalent of 20BP and 40% of your total possible starting gear.

If you're looking at it in the sort of money that missions or On the Run pay, you're going to be doing over a dozen missions to pay for something like that.  Ridiculous.
« Last Edit: <09-03-11/0353:01> by Kontact »

Trenchknife

• Chummer
« Reply #9 on: <08-31-11/0931:22> »
paying 20k-95k for discounts on your GM hand of god isn't a winning choice at most tables.

It should come with some sort of tangible benefit.

100 grand is the equivalent of 20BP and 40% of your total possible starting gear.

If you're looking at it in the sort of money that missions or On the Run pay, you're going to be doing over a dozen missions to pay for something like that.  Ridiculous.

Many things in Shadowrun are beyond the fiscal capabilities of almost all 'Runners.  I look at the 100k package...and pretty much all the packages but the 5k one, as more expensive than my character is going to be able to afford.  It's like Delta Ware Wired 3.  We'd all LIKE to have it.  We just can't afford it, and probably never will.  It's included so players can understand the types of things out their that some NPCs will have access to.  At least in my mind.

@ Kontact: I do really like your ideas though.  I could certainly see this sort of service being maintained for extremely VIPs, and other essential personnel. 
It's not the man with the gun that gets you.  It's the three bullets he fired that tore through you vital organs that's killed you.

JoeNapalm

• Ace Runner
  • Ifriti Sophist
« Reply #10 on: <08-31-11/1022:33> »

Doc Wagon is one of those things that you get, then hope never to use.

Yeah, they won't come get you on another Corps' property, but they will save your ass if you can cross that line.

I mean, for ¥5K you have a choice of Doc Wagon or no Doc Wagon. If I'm down and my team can't fix me, I know which I'd rather have...even at "10 minutes or less"...

That reminds me...gotta have my character send the local DW guys a case of good booze, when I get the cash...I view Doc Wagon like I do my food delivery people. I tip big to anyone who brings me take-out, and as a result, when I place my order I'm always told "that will be about 45 minutes" but my dinner shows up in (you guessed it) 10 minutes or less.  :D

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #11 on: <08-31-11/1148:03> »
Also, take into consideration the alternative...  You call in for an ambulance from another provider (CrashCart doesn't count), and when you get out of the hospital, the cost is much, much higher than if you had a DocWagon contract in the first place.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Phylos Fett

• Omae
  • Kind-of A Freelancer...
« Reply #12 on: <08-31-11/1829:31> »
Plus your DocWagon Contract gives you access to their clinics, and (depending on your contract level) you have cloned organs and other lovely body parts ready, in case you need them in a hurry.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #13 on: <08-31-11/1833:12> »
Also, DocWagon clinics are Extraterritorial.  Handy if you need patching up without dealing with red tape of the country you're in...

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #14 on: <09-02-11/1428:36> »
I like your idea here, Kontact. Gives some decent tangible benefits and isn't TOO bada$$. I plan on using this the next time I run...now if I can just get the other GMs in the group to use it.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen