NEWS

Style

• 43 Replies

Bane

• Newb
« Reply #15 on: <08-21-11/1709:02> »
Well I think my handle says it all.  I try to mix it up. 

I wish I could say that.... I should make a character off my alias... Maximized strength, and an adrenal pump... It shall be done...

I try and put at least a touch of old pulp detective noir in my games.
Peace is a lie.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #16 on: <08-21-11/1947:13> »
Have you broken the back of a guy in a stupid costume yet?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Bane

• Newb
« Reply #17 on: <08-21-11/2049:55> »
Batmans costume is cool...

And maybe...
Peace is a lie.

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #18 on: <08-22-11/0105:35> »
Sigh....now I'm going to have to learn how to do good photoshops to satisfy my need for awesome SR character art.
+1because I really want you to do this. Then share because you love us. (please?! :D)
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Crash_00

« Reply #19 on: <08-22-11/0107:18> »
Well it would help if I had more artistic ability than a dead cat, but I do find art easier on computers than the old fashioned pen and paper route.

And yet I prefer pen and paper games, the powers that be are odd sometimes.

Lacynth40

• Omae
  • Savaging the average.
« Reply #20 on: <08-22-11/0112:27> »
You have more artistic ability than I do... I once tried to do some digital art, and Photoshop crashed, and deleted itself from my computer... I shrugged, and tried to draw, easel and everything... The easel caught fire. Took up photography, and well... It was bad... I ran out of funny here, and think the joke went too long... But, anyway! I suck at the art, but I can think up some awesome stuff. I just need more ideas for DIFFERENT styles... Like, I doubt a bunch of cholos are hanging in the Barrens rocking steampunk... Gimme ideas!
"Remember, you can't have manslaughter without laughter."

"If violence begat violence, in every case, every human on the planet would instantly devolve into gibbering murderers in a day."

Crash_00

« Reply #21 on: <08-22-11/0114:57> »
Have you by any chance played or looked at the video game Brink?

The resistance gear in it reminds me heavily of barrens style gear.

Lacynth40

• Omae
  • Savaging the average.
« Reply #22 on: <08-22-11/0124:10> »
What are these "video games" you speak of?...
"Remember, you can't have manslaughter without laughter."

"If violence begat violence, in every case, every human on the planet would instantly devolve into gibbering murderers in a day."

Crash_00

« Reply #23 on: <08-22-11/0203:28> »
The newest form of babysitting.

Here are some picks of Brink's resistance:
One
Two
Three
Four
Five

The reason I asked was because it has a very in depth clothing customization that I found very SR in flavor.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #24 on: <08-22-11/1143:59> »
There are often times I wish I had visual artistic ability instead of just being able to be somewhat of a hack writer.  I have quite a number of ideas.

Also, I see Post Apocalyptic being a "fashion style" for the lower-class and SINless types, which fits nicely with the rich going Steampunk.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Fallen

• Chummer
  • I like π
« Reply #25 on: <08-22-11/1728:32> »
I agree wholeheartedly that having more artistic talent and a heap-load more patience would go a long way for me personally.  I have these ideas in my head I can't seem to get out!

... *shifty-eye askance*

Must... kill... Smurfs...

*twitch*
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #26 on: <08-22-11/1731:40> »
My writing started to get ideas out of my head.  Apparently, it's something that can affect even professional writers, as John Ringo wrote the "Paladin Of Shadows" series.  Well, the first book at least.

Or, as described by many people:  "Guy kills a lot of bad guys and gets a lot of pussy."  and "He collects hookers, like CATS!"

*Ashamed Look*  It's one of my guilty pleasures.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Fallen

• Chummer
  • I like π
« Reply #27 on: <08-22-11/1809:18> »
My writing started to get ideas out of my head.

Same, really, although I seem to be much more apt in writing lyrics than anything else.

Apparently, it's something that can affect even professional writers, as John Ringo wrote the "Paladin Of Shadows" series.  Well, the first book at least.

Or, as described by many people:  "Guy kills a lot of bad guys and gets a lot of pussy."  and "He collects hookers, like CATS!"

*Ashamed Look*  It's one of my guilty pleasures.

Hahaha.  I'll have to look it up and a have a read of it sometime: sounds like my kind of thing.

*equally ashamed look*
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #28 on: <08-22-11/1817:08> »
"Ghost" is the first book.  Take into consideration that "Rule Of Cool" is fully in play, as even admitted by the author.

In fact, he's got half a mind to have it all be a dying dream for the protagonist.  But too many fans would complain.

He actually never intended for it to be published, actually.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Fallen

• Chummer
  • I like π
« Reply #29 on: <08-22-11/2309:16> »
Duly noted.  I'll look for it next time I go to Montreal (this weekend, fer me birfday w00t).