NEWS

Style

• 43 Replies

Lacynth40

• Omae
  • Savaging the average.
« on: <08-20-11/2351:41> »
Well, Attitude has been out for a bit, and no one else has picked this topic up, so I suppose I will.

What do you think the style's would look like. And don't give me any crap about "It's all laid out in the books", I'm asking for creativeness here. And no, it's not all chaotic and personal to the characters or NPCs... (Meta)Humanity is faddish, and even non-conformists dress like the other non-conformists. Let's talk about some of the fads, using the books as a baseboard. Personally, I think that like the 1970's-1990's, goth and goth-punk preceded steampunk fashions. And since steampunk seems to be back in swing (or never went out...), I would like to conclude that cybergoths came a bit after the cyberpunks... And NO cyber-emos! I can't imagine having to try to help that bastard cut right... It's down the motivator line, not across the fibrous bundle.... 
"Remember, you can't have manslaughter without laughter."

"If violence begat violence, in every case, every human on the planet would instantly devolve into gibbering murderers in a day."

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #1 on: <08-20-11/2352:44> »
*Pops out a Cyberspur*  I cut myself so I can feel!!!
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Lacynth40

• Omae
  • Savaging the average.
« Reply #2 on: <08-21-11/0012:37> »
No! No emo Runners! Bad CanRay! Back in your box!

"If violence begat violence, in every case, every human on the planet would instantly devolve into gibbering murderers in a day."

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #3 on: <08-21-11/0016:39> »
The main thing about Steampunk is that it keeps a fair bit of the old Punk aesthetic of DIY.  Punk, unfortunately, got marketed and was bought out (Seeing as selling out is not Punk, it had to have been a hostile takeover.).  Steampunk still has a good part of DIY, and that keeps it street, despite being high brow.

If that makes any sense.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Lacynth40

• Omae
  • Savaging the average.
« Reply #4 on: <08-21-11/0030:19> »
Even though you can buy it off the rack right next to the rest of the line by Vashon Island?

Crash_00

« Reply #5 on: <08-21-11/0032:21> »
I don't have attitude yet, so I can't comment much there.

That said, I still have a very high punk style going in most games for the lower classes.

I also have many of the upper class in the classic roaring twenties gangster getups.

The other style I've been introducing is what I call Slashpunk (dressing up like good old horror flick baddies).

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #6 on: <08-21-11/0038:14> »
But Thug is so 2050s.  :P

As for Steampunk being marketed, yeah, in 2070.  Today, it's still fairly niche.  See how long that lasts.   >:(

Bit by bit our culture is stolen and sold like any other commodity...

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Fallen

• Chummer
  • I like π
« Reply #7 on: <08-21-11/0100:31> »
No idea in relation to the Attitude source-book.

But!

I generally throw in a right mix of 70's and 80's punk, some goth and cybergoth here and there, some horror-inspired stuff which usually finds itself in the street culture.  For my higher-class peeps, a mix of 40's noir and Lady Gaga-isms.
« Last Edit: <08-21-11/0116:28> by Fallen »
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #8 on: <08-21-11/0104:25> »
Well, as my gay friends kept saying about me, "I lament your complete and total lack of style."

I mean, hell, I'm a computer nerd.  "Clean" is high fashion to me.  :P

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Fallen

• Chummer
  • I like π
« Reply #9 on: <08-21-11/0109:04> »
Well, as my gay friends kept saying about me, "I lament your complete and total lack of style."

I mean, hell, I'm a computer nerd.  "Clean" is high fashion to me.  :P

I think it's safe to say I have zero style myself.  That doesn't mean I can't look at something and go: "Ooooo... spiffy.  Me wants 4 teh Sh4d0wrÜn5"
"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Lacynth40

• Omae
  • Savaging the average.
« Reply #10 on: <08-21-11/0357:24> »
Ooooo... Pictures is good.... Too bad I suck at Photoshop, or I would start showing some of the stuff in my head... Like, take Fallen's pic of a "cybergoth", and actually cyber her out. The make-up would be programmable nano-tats, hair programmable, too. Eyes would be completely black cybereyes. See about getting carbonfiber coated cyberclaws, so they're glossy black instead of shiny titanium. Reflexes amped, and muscle toner for the agility needed to really shine on the dance floors. Maybe a cyberarm, covered in lace, the other draped with maille. With a Pred 4 on the hip, to keep people from getting too touchy-feely...

Fallen

• Chummer
  • I like π
« Reply #11 on: <08-21-11/0419:48> »
Ooooo... Pictures is good.... Too bad I suck at Photoshop, or I would start showing some of the stuff in my head... Like, take Fallen's pic of a "cybergoth", and actually cyber her out. The make-up would be programmable nano-tats, hair programmable, too. Eyes would be completely black cybereyes. See about getting carbonfiber coated cyberclaws, so they're glossy black instead of shiny titanium. Reflexes amped, and muscle toner for the agility needed to really shine on the dance floors. Maybe a cyberarm, covered in lace, the other draped with maille. With a Pred 4 on the hip, to keep people from getting too touchy-feely...

That would be totally awesome!

Crash_00

« Reply #12 on: <08-21-11/0427:23> »
Sigh....now I'm going to have to learn how to do good photoshops to satisfy my need for awesome SR character art.

Fallen

• Chummer
  • I like π
« Reply #13 on: <08-21-11/0432:16> »
Sigh....now I'm going to have to learn how to do good photoshops to satisfy my need for awesome SR character art.

Hahaha!

Ain't life a bitch?  :P

Blond Goth Girl

• Chummer
« Reply #14 on: <08-21-11/0953:19> »
Well I think my handle says it all.  I try to mix it up.