NEWS

How many uses for Grapple Hands?!

• 56 Replies

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #15 on: <08-04-11/1148:23> »
John Ringo books, a guilty pleasure of mine, gives a Redneck College Antimatter.

"Well, after we blew up a few mountains, we got the method of manufacturing right..."
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

JimJungle

• Chummer
  • I Keep My Ham Sliding...
« Reply #16 on: <08-13-11/0533:58> »
Lets say I have a mage who specializes in touch attacks, and who also has a full synthetic arm with grapple hand. Sine he paid for the arm in essence he can use it as an extension for his magic right? He could use his grapple hand to deliver touch attacks. And if you're saying "no" to that because his hand is not living flesh, therefore unable to communicate magic, than how about he grafts his own skin over his cyber arm, so that his living flesh covers it? He would have live flesh over his cyberware. By that logic he could use magic with his grapple hand. Just when you thought you could only do Ranged Touch Attacks in dnd. It would still count as a Touch Attack, right?

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #17 on: <08-13-11/0716:38> »
Of course he can.
He can use an obvious cyber-arm without grapple hand, so there is NO reason at all to not allow him to use the grapple hand arm to do touch attacks.
I think we had that discussion some months back on dumpshock . .
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

JimJungle

• Chummer
« Reply #18 on: <08-15-11/0307:53> »
How about a troll with grapple hand, a profinity for large hammers, and likes throwing them. He gets the hammer attached to his cyberhand. he then throws his hammer with his hand attached to it. then he reals in his hand to do it again. Large Hammer of Returning +3

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #19 on: <08-15-11/0506:04> »
You are only using the Arms strength/Quickness then. But sure, should work, i think.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #20 on: <08-15-11/0750:36> »
How about a troll with grapple hand, a profinity for large hammers, and likes throwing them. He gets the hammer attached to his cyberhand. he then throws his hammer with his hand attached to it. then he reals in his hand to do it again. Large Hammer of Returning +3

Well, now I got how Thor made his Mjollnir to return every time he throws it away...

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #21 on: <08-15-11/1741:06> »
As long as the target's within 30 meters.

Grapple hands don't have great range.

-k

SirDelta

• Newb
« Reply #22 on: <08-15-11/1823:14> »

-k

Oh don't they?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L1Mu8h95P0
Skip to about 3:05.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
« Reply #23 on: <08-15-11/1927:07> »
That's not a grapple hand.

That guy was chaining a massive number of modular cyberarms together, socketing the wrist attachment points into the elbow joint of the next arm.

:)

-k

JimJungle

• Chummer
« Reply #24 on: <08-16-11/0137:36> »

Grapple Gun
This gun can shoot a grappling hook out to 75 meters.
It comes equipped with an internal winch, to pull back the
grapple (or pull up small loads). Use Exotic Ranged Weapon
skill to wield this as a weapon; grapple gun attacks are resisted
with Impact armor.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
« Reply #25 on: <08-16-11/0153:06> »
That's a different item.

Augmentation pg 46:
"Grapple Hand: This mod features a gun built into the lower arm that shoots the cyberhand like a grappling hook out to a maximum range of 30 meters. The hand is attached via myomeric rope (p. 337, SR4A) and can be remotely manipulated to grasp onto surfaces. An internal winch allows the character to pull himself up or retrieve his hand. Use Exotic Ranged Weapon: Grapple Gun to wield this as a weapon; it is resisted with Impact armor."

You can get Myomeric Rope for the regular grapple guns, but it doesn't work past 30 meters either.

-k

JimJungle

• Chummer
« Reply #26 on: <08-16-11/0203:40> »
Point taken. But... If your throwing the hammer with hand attached it goes by throwing range, does it not? Up to the length of the rope of course.

Onion Man

• Omae
  • Internet is a proper noun, capitalize every time
« Reply #27 on: <08-16-11/0207:43> »
Your throwing hammer goes to ranges like that while NOT limited by extra ballast, like a rope and a cyberhand attached to it in flight.
Description/Narrative
{Thoughts}
"Conversation"
"Voice over commlink"
Code: [Select]
Text over commlinkOrson "Pig" Fletcher

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #28 on: <08-16-11/0223:12> »
I'd probably use my grapple hand to grope people on the mass transit and then blame it on the people next to them.  :P
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Onion Man

• Omae
  • Internet is a proper noun, capitalize every time
« Reply #29 on: <08-16-11/0253:07> »
I'd probably use my grapple hand to grope people on the mass transit and then blame it on the people next to them.  :P
Magic fingers works better.  More of a groper type name too.
Description/Narrative
{Thoughts}
"Conversation"
"Voice over commlink"
Code: [Select]
Text over commlinkOrson "Pig" Fletcher