NEWS

An Adept Combat Medic

• 10 Replies

SirDelta

• Newb
« on: <06-14-11/0144:36> »
(Disclaimer:  My friends and I allow more than the 35 BP limit for negative qualities.)

This is the first character I made, and is the one I will be playing in our upcoming game (I have played in a few other session using this character so far).

Jack Tower:  Alias, Diver
B  A  R      S  C  I  L  W  Edge  Magic  Essence  Initiative  Ini. Passes
4  4  5(7) 3   3  3 3  3      4       5          6.0           10            3

Skills: Pistols 5 (Semi-Automatics +2), Athletics Skill Group 2, Unarmed Combat 3, Stealth Skill Group 2, Etiquette 2, Perception 2, Armorer 3, First Aid, 4 Pilot Ground Craft 2, Automatics 4, Medecine 2, Dodge 4

Adept Powers: Combat Senses (3 ranks), Improved Reflexes II, Mystic Armor (1 Rank)

Positive Qualities: Ambidextrous, Hawkeye
Negative Qualities: Sensitive System, Weak Immune System, Allergy (Pollen, Mild), Dependants (Rank 2), Enemy (The Iron Fist, Terrorist Group Rating 8, Incidence 3)

Gear: Novatech Airwave w/ Iris Orb, AR Gloves, Sim Module, Common Use Programs (Rank 3), Goggles w/ Smartlink and Imagelink, Tag Eraser, Respirator (Rank 4), Radio Signal Scanner, Rapelling Gloves, Standard Rope (100 meters), Nanopaste (Small), Medkit (Rank 6), Fake License for Concealed Carry of Heavy Pistols (Rank 4), Fake SIN (Rating 4), Armor  Jacket, Body Armor Bag

Weapons: 2 Ares Predator IVs (w/ internal silencers, melee hardening, personalized grips, and quickdraw holsters on both) w/ 10 clips regular ammo each, Cavalier Scout w/10 clips regular ammo, Remington Roomsweeper w/60 Shock Lock Rounds, Yamaha Pulsar w/10 clips of Darts, FN93 Praetor w/10 clips regular ammo (w/ internal suppressor and internal Smartgun system), Shock Glove

Vehicles:  Suzuki Mirage Bike (w/ Morphing License Plates, a Spoof Chip, and Run Flat tires)

Okay, with that out of the way......
I built this character originally as just a Gun-Fu adept.  However, no one else in the group had medical skills, so I changed my concept to a Gun-Fu combat medic.

Anything I'm forgetting, or any tips to make my character better?

Edit:  I must have been way tired when I wrote this.  Forgot Dodge and the specialization I had.
« Last Edit: <06-14-11/1321:13> by SirDelta »

Makki

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <06-14-11/0901:37> »
I wouldn't call it a combat-medic  8)
He has 4 points in First aid and some Medicine. that's 24 BP Medic and 376 BP Gun-Fu.
How about changing Mystic Armor to Improved Ability (First Aid) 2 making it a 4(6) skill. and dropping one rank in armorer to make First Aid a 5(7) skill.
There are some more Adept Healing Powers, like Pain Relief and something I forgot.

gourry187

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <06-14-11/1013:41> »
I personally like the idea of an adept medic being somewhat of a pacifist (quality 5) as most doctors take that pesky oath of causing no harm.

There are a number of adept skills that could be utalized like nerve strike (1 pt), pain relief (1 pt) and empathic healing (0.5 pt).

James McMurray

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <06-14-11/1057:32> »
It seems to me that a combat medic would see a lot of use from the "combat wounds" first aid specialty. :)
Need a random generator?  Click here.

Check out our campaign.

Piell

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <06-14-11/1158:51> »
As I mentioned in the other adept thread, I am a big fan of skipping Improved Reflexes and getting Synaptic Boosters 2 instead, giving you an extra 1.5 points for adept powers - Improved Ability in Pistols or First Aid would make sense. If you are planning on dual-wielding pistols, which it seems you are, then I would think about skipping Automatics entirely - that would give you enough points to increase your healing skills.

As far as your weapons go, I prefer the Morrissey Elan for my holdout pistol needs - it can't fire flechette ammo and has a smaller clip, but is completely undetectable by cyberware scanners, and if you load it with stick-and-schock it can take the place of your taser as well. If you do end up dropping the Automatics skill, the Ruger Thunderbolt is a heavy pistol that fires narrow bursts.

SirDelta

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <06-14-11/1330:20> »
Thanks for the input all!  I'm considering dumping automatics to increase First-Aid.  I might dump Mystic Armor also.

I guess I should put a bit of his backstory up (I was way too tired to write this in the first post)

The short of it:  He worked for DocWagon as a Crisis Responder (If I remember correctly, those were the ones who wade through riots and such) before he got extracted to work in a secret counter-terrorism unit for the UCAS government.  The unit managed to kill several key figures in the Iron Fist terrorist group, for which he actually killed the leader himself.  The UCAS dumped him, erased his SIN and such, and now he has to make ends meet as a Shadowrunner while not getting taken out by a terrorist group.

Ethan

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <06-14-11/1343:32> »
Very interesting theme!

A few Adept Powers suggestions:

Empathic Healing - You transfer some of the wounds to yourself.
Pain Relief - Remove Stun damage.
Rapid Healing - For when you use Empathic Healing, you'll reduce the time it takes for you to heal.

I suggest perhaps creating "The Healer's Way" Adept Way with your GM.

Flavour Powers:
Multi-Tasking - So you could read detailed medical stuff while performing first aid and whatnot.
Commanding Voice - A non-violent way to resolve some situations, though you don't have any skills necessary to get that to work reliably.
Natural Immunity - More for a Doctor than a Medic, this will still come in handy.

I see your Adept has Unarmed 3. Perhaps some powers like Nerve Strike would fit in well with his knowledge of the (meta)human body. Cool concept, and good luck!

SirDelta

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <06-17-11/0029:18> »
Alright, here is Combat Medic Gun-fu Adept, Second draft

Jack Tower:  Alias, Diver
B  A  R      S  C  I  L  W  Edge  Magic  Essence  Initiative  Ini. Passes
4  4  5(7) 3   3  3 3  3      4       5          6.0           10            3

Skills: Pistols 5 (Semi-Automatics +2), Athletics Skill Group 2, Unarmed Combat 4, Stealth Skill Group 2, Etiquette 2, Perception 2, Armorer 3, First Aid 5 (7), Pilot Ground Craft 2, Medicine 3, Dodge 4

Adept Powers: Combat Senses (3 ranks), Improved Reflexes II, Improved Ability First Aid (2 Ranks)

Positive Qualities: Ambidextrous, Hawkeye
Negative Qualities: Sensitive System, Weak Immune System, Allergy (Pollen, Mild), Dependants (Rank 2), Enemy (The Iron Fist, Terrorist Group Rating 8, Incidence 3)

Gear: Novatech Airwave w/ Iris Orb, AR Gloves, Sim Module, Common Use Programs (Rank 3), Goggles w/ Smartlink and Imagelink, Tag Eraser, Respirator (Rank 4), Radio Signal Scanner, Rapelling Gloves, Standard Rope (100 meters), Medkit (Rank 6), Fake License for Concealed Carry of Heavy Pistols (Rank 4), Fake SIN (Rating 4), Armor  Jacket, Body Armor Bag

Weapons: 2 Ares Predator IVs (w/ internal silencers, melee hardening, personalized grips, and quickdraw holsters on both) w/ 10 clips regular ammo each, Cavalier Scout w/10 clips regular ammo, Remington Roomsweeper w/60 Shock Lock Rounds, Yamaha Pulsar w/10 clips of Darts, Shock Glove

Vehicles:  Suzuki Mirage Bike (w/ Morphing License Plates, a Spoof Chip, and Run Flat tires)

anotherJack

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <06-17-11/0410:56> »
Could down some attributs from 3 to 2 (strength), in order to up others from 4 to 5 (body, agility, edge). Same for skills, down some, up others. Think you can keep nearly same dice pools and get a character with less expensive upgrades.
Me am french, me am not speaking good english, but me am trying to correct this.

Makki

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <06-17-11/0811:50> »
wha, no need for min/maxing :P

looks very good and reasonable.

Ethan

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <06-17-11/0958:55> »
Looks quite reasonable!

One suggestion is to lower Combat Senses to 2 and pick up Sustenance and perhaps another utility Adept Power (like Nimble Fingers). Other options: Killing Hands, Mystic Armour, and Multi-Tasking.