NEWS

[IC] There will be flood.

• 377 Replies

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #345 on: <03-17-14/1713:08> »
On the way to the station, Quinten passes you all his commlink. Unless you want to have a go at hacking it while he's looking, the device is pretty much locked except for its built-in biometric scanners: the device is capable of doing fingerprints and retina scans (among other things, no doubt). The elf explains that, according to his sources, the armory-safe in which your gear has been stored is an old model but it was a very good one. "Its biometric authentication system is supposedly nearly impossible to fool, certainly with anything we have at our immediate disposal. Far ahead of its time when it was built. It's also so well linked to the lock that commanding the thing to open without valid biometric input won't work. And unless we use some heavy tools and take a lot of time making a lot of noise, brute force is pointless.
BUT, luckily, the thing's firmware is likely to be very outdated. While we won't be able to fool the scanner into believing we match the sergeant's prints, it shouldn't be too difficult for Black Panther to insert new sets of biometrics into the safe's programming. Provided, of course, you make it accessible to hacking, for which we you have the tools."
« Last Edit: <03-17-14/1715:41> by Xzylvador »

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #346 on: <03-17-14/1732:09> »
You've already been inside the station, enough to get a basic idea of where to go. After circling it with Panther's Dragonfly and some easy matrix searches, it's not hard to guess at the rest of its layout.
Left, right and behind, the station is surrounded by 6-story apartment buildings. Looks like they weren't allowed to have balconies at the station's side and windows only at 4th-floor and above, all of them non-opening (though, needless to say, plenty of them are now broken).
The front parking lot is closed by chain-wire fencing which is in a pretty bad state and a gate which is still functional, but mostly for aesthetic purposes than actual protection. Should you climb it, many parts look like they would collapse under your weight.

[spoiler]
Should give you something to make plans with.
Give me some more time to see how much hostiles I should throw at you > : |
Also, it's been way too long since I first put you here and I lost a lot of notes to harddrive failure and bad backup routine. If some things don't match your earlier visit; you can always ask but unless critical, use this plan instead of previous thoughts about layout.
[/spoiler]

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #347 on: <03-17-14/2018:24> »
Rat looks at the feed from Quinten's commlink and says out loud "The easiest way would be to come in from the back. The armoury is only one door away after all. Is there a chance we could go through one of those old apartment buildings?" He turns his head over to Spooky. "Think you can manage to have a look and see if there's anyone in there?"
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Silence

• Omae
  • I swear, I'm innocent. Just ask the nuns.
« Reply #348 on: <03-18-14/1435:24> »
"I can look, but I can't project" Spooky says, shifting his concentration, "I'm an adept, not a full-blown magician.  Also means I'm less likely to trip any wards or notify a watcher, unless I'm actually there.  Most magicians don't seem to think an adept is really dangerous on the astral, for pretty good reasons.  Here's hoping they keep the place relatively clean of mold and mildew, and didn't get any other astrally active measures to keep folks from looking."

His face took on an almost distracted look as he began looking over the building, and while the people inside would be fairly obscured, most of the external security and wards should be easily visible on the astral.

[spoiler]Assensing the station (12d6.hits(5)=3)[/spoiler]
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is no longer your friend" - every instructor out there

"Maybe in your case, but he's a great buddy I'm leaving behind." - Siouxsie

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #349 on: <03-18-14/1947:33> »
You remember that the back door leading out of the armory was a pretty strong-looking security door; also that it was one of those doors similar to many fire escape doors: it has a bar on the inside to open it but when closed there's no real way to open it from the outside... well, not an easy one anyway. (From the outside, the door in the east looks to be pretty much the same.)

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #350 on: <03-21-14/0836:58> »
Assensing from in front of the building learns you there are 5 Ancients on the parking lot in front of the station. One of them awakened, definitely a mage, but not so powerful. There are no wards that you can see but there is a watcher spirit zipping across the area.
The dragonfly shows two elves in the motor pool area, chatting with each other close to the door back entrance.
After a little observation you notice that every now and then two of the guys in front takes a walk around the building.

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #351 on: <03-21-14/1316:30> »
"Unless you are confident in kicking a likely alarmed fire door in the wrong way, and even I am not, It would seem that we either must take the Exercise room or the door above the desks. One is a literal straight line, whereas the other offers many corners to hide behind but also for Elves to walk round."

Three Star looked at the gangers out front of the station, mostly ignoring everything Spooky had said."We might also consider a distraction, asking for the items in question back might even be enough to keep these gangers busy... if no one minds getting roughed up while Rat sneaks in." He straightens his tie.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #352 on: <03-21-14/2043:48> »
Nodding at Three Star's plan, Rat said "Yeah, that would probably allow me to get in and into the lockers." He started thinking. "It's one thing getting into somewhere to get an optical drive or something, but I'm not sure I can carry 4 bags full of equipment out by myself though... At least not in a single trip. Unless I clear a way for someone else to come in with me."
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Silence

• Omae
« Reply #353 on: <03-22-14/0337:00> »
"Huh." Spooky says, thoughtfully, They've got a magician out front.  I might be able to distract them, if I get his notice.  Of course, this goes bad, I really hope they don't have anything larger than a holdout."
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is no longer your friend" - every instructor out there

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #354 on: <03-23-14/0915:58> »
"All right we will leave the distraction to Spooky. Rat, I am not used to having to sneak around but I can come in with you and grab two bags. I will follow your lead."

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #355 on: <03-23-14/0950:51> »
"Ok" answers Rat to Three Star. "Let me have a second look at the area to see where and how we should get in."

[spoiler]That's 2 rolls and they have the same pool, so I put them together. Logic 3 + Security Design 3, Logic 3 + Security Procedures 3 (6d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=1) No glitches.[/spoiler]
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Yogi

• Omae
« Reply #356 on: <03-23-14/1053:45> »
Boomer looked at the others as a plan was taking shape.   I can stay with spooky and panther and help out with his distraction.  I do know my way around hardware and maglocks.  Panther do you have any gear here in your car?  Explosives, tools anything that may help this go smoother.  Maybe I could rig something up to blow up in the area to draw some of them out."
Thoughts
Speaking
Comlink

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #357 on: <03-23-14/2152:07> »
"Does anyone have any simple tools at all to make this go smoother?" Three Star inspected one of the throwing knives and tossed it to Rat. "Here, a screwdriver."

Silence

• Omae
« Reply #358 on: <03-24-14/1440:06> »
"If you can wire a demo rig for a distraction, that'd be great," Spooky said, still mulling things over, "But you'd be better off backing Rat up once the charge is set.  Though I will be giving you guys my clothes and gear to hold on to."

He looks at them for a moment.  "I guess this is a moment of truth.  There's a couple reasons I need this job.  The biggest one is so I can disappear, because if my old boss finds out what I've become, I'm more screwed than all of you."

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #359 on: <03-24-14/1835:19> »
"If my old boss finds out what I've become?!?" thinks Rat. "What is he going on about?" He decided to speak up. "Are you ashamed of your new lifestyle, Spook? The shadows not where your old boss would like you to be?" Rat then took the knife and tossed it back to Three Star. "Already have one, you can hold on to that."
Self thought
Speech
Matrix