NEWS

SRM 04-04: Smuggler's Blues Now Available!

• 6 Replies

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« on: <09-26-11/2146:35> »

Shadowrun Missions SRM 04-04: Smuggler's Blues

Stay Secret, Stay Safe

Crossing the border into Salish-Shidhe territory is not easy under the best of circumstances. Crossing when you’re carrying an item that lights up the astral plane like a phosphorus bomb is even trickier. But the stakes are rising in the fight over magical artifacts that keep finding their way into the Seattle area, and that means the possible payouts are going up as well. If you can play the role of a smuggler to the hilt and make all the right contacts, you have the chance for a serious payday. Of course, you also stand a good chance of making some very powerful enemies, but isn’t that always the way?

SRM 04-04: Smuggler’s Blues continues the latest series of Shadowrun Missions, building on the plotline that focuses on the magic powers of the city and the lengths they’ll go to go get what they want. Players have a chance to affect ongoing plotlines and shape the future of Seattle in the Sixth World by playing Missions.

SRM 04-04: Smuggler’s Blues is for use with Shadowrun, Twentieth Anniversary Edition.

Now available at CGL Battleshop and Drivethru RPG
« Last Edit: <09-28-11/0347:15> by Bull »

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <09-27-11/0008:21> »
Will take a closer look later but immediately noticed a typo in my fav sentence.

Bull, the system admin for VU93, insists that all security
spiders refer top themselves at deckers.

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <09-27-11/0144:43> »
Doh, we catch all we can, but occasionally stuff slips though!

PH_dungeon

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <09-27-11/2216:18> »
This looks like a fun adventure. I'm going to give it a go this weekend. I was a little disappointed in the lack of maps in this one though. Having a layout of the cabin area would have been handy, though not essential since it's not really a complex structure.

Just an aside about the maps. I like how the one of the Spike's townhouse was done in the Junior run, but I'm not a fan of the green outline maps that are dropped onto the low res B/W photo backgrounds. It looks like the cartographer cut and pasted something from google sat imagery and then layered his map over it. I guess the point is to show what some of the surrounding area might look like, but I find it unclear and unhelpful.

What would be ideal for me would be a straight forward black and white map with a scale (or possibly a light grey grade underneath) that I could print out and sketch on (ie. mark locations of runners and goon etc...). This would be much more useful to me as a gm, as I currently end up having to redraw all the maps either on paper or a battle map.

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <09-27-11/2244:48> »
CRAP!  There actually are two maps for this Mission.  they got left out by mistake.  I'll get matt to add them in and re-upload it!

Sorry about that!

Anyway, we've been playing around with a couple different map styles.  The ones we've been using represent satellite imagery, with an AR display of the building map.  Those are generally nice, but yeah, they don't translate as well into black & white, I can imagine, when you print them out.

The Spikes townhouse was actually me cheating.  That was actually a color map I borrowed and repurposed from Ghost Cartels.  We generally only have the budget for two maps, and I wanted to put in a third for that adventure, and the Townhouse map worked pretty well.

So far my favorite map has been the Lordstrung's Entrance to the Ork underground map.  patrck knocked that one out of the park.

The two maps that should be with 04-04 are for Fiona's cabin, and another for the warehouse fight at the end.

Bull

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <09-27-11/2245:28> »
I cannot believe I missed the fact that we didn't have the maps in there.  *sigh*

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <09-28-11/0258:26> »
Ok, fixed.  New PDF should be avilable for download, and if you bought a copy already, you should get an email, or however the site you bought it through handles that.

Bull