NEWS

Can changelings be TMs?

• 8 Replies

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« on: <03-14-18/0739:21> »
Simple question.  I don't see anything saying they can't, and I know there's the Electroception metagenetic quality...  I just want to ask just to be sure, as I haven't seen it happen anywhere and SURGE is a magical phenomenon, so it wouldn't be out of the question for it to screw with something as delicate as someone's connection to the Resonance.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

ShadowcatX

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <03-14-18/0752:48> »
They absolutely can be. Surge is magical, but it happens to Changelings, that doesn't make them magical in any way.

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <03-14-18/0806:17> »
Mmkay...  Hmm.

Wow, Changeling qualities might be doubled after chargen.  There's no "Latent Changeling" quality like in 4E, I think it's intended that you can just become a changeling and take a quality whenever.  But that'd mean 60 Karma, for a maximum of 30 karma of qualities (probably less) and an equal amount of karma in NQs.  Never realized how much of a heinous karma sink Changeling was.  Actually, paying for being a Changeling isn't a "quality"...  So I guess it doesn't increase.  I was confused because it was a quality in the previous edition.
« Last Edit: <03-14-18/0846:20> by firebug »
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #3 on: <03-14-18/0833:50> »
Anything that doesn’t have a Magic rating can have a resonance score
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <03-15-18/0356:45> »
Mmkay...  Hmm.

Wow, Changeling qualities might be doubled after chargen.  There's no "Latent Changeling" quality like in 4E, I think it's intended that you can just become a changeling and take a quality whenever.  But that'd mean 60 Karma, for a maximum of 30 karma of qualities (probably less) and an equal amount of karma in NQs.  Never realized how much of a heinous karma sink Changeling was.  Actually, paying for being a Changeling isn't a "quality"...  So I guess it doesn't increase.  I was confused because it was a quality in the previous edition.
Yeah, pay through the hoop for the "privilege" of being a freak.  I've messed around with it a bit and honestly can't find any real motivation in using changelings by RAW.  I'd sooner create changelings the same way as SR4 laid them out, the freebie positive points and half the required in negative.

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #5 on: <03-15-18/0415:34> »
Yeah, pay through the hoop for the "privilege" of being a freak.

Hey now, we should all greatful for the cat girls contacts it has been kind enough to give us.
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <03-15-18/1657:10> »
Yeah, pay through the hoop for the "privilege" of being a freak.
Hey now, we should all greatful for the cat girls contacts it has been kind enough to give us.
Which can also be done via bioware...

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <03-16-18/0115:45> »
Provided it doesn't give you a MAG rating, it shouldn't prevent you from being a technomancer.

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <03-16-18/0129:50> »
Yeah, I thought that was the case, I just wanted to make absolutely sure I wasn't forgetting something.  Best to just ask to make sure, IMO.  Thanks for the help my dudes.