NEWS

Bottom Of The Barrel SINs

• 21 Replies

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #15 on: <03-30-11/2046:33> »
We had an interesting discussion reguarding SINs in our group the other day.  Basically it was about if you are trying to purchase several thousand nuyen worth of whatever, lets say at a restaurant, and you give them your SIN to make a payment.  The R1 SIN basically tells the verification system to screw off but the money is there and now the restaurant has two choices, report the invalid SIN or take the money.  Most places would take the money, especially with the whole SINless problem being a problem in the first place.  R1 SINs are used for honest purchases that while there may BE a verification system for bureaucratic purposes the results will be ignored.
Exactly.  Stuffer Shack isn't about to go screaming to the cops because a SINless guy with legitimate cash bought some Soy Sloppies.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Dakka

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <03-31-11/1426:34> »
Now if the SIN comes back with an arrest warrant or bounty on it that might be a different story.  Your R1 SINs shouldn't really be engaged in illegal activity.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #17 on: <03-31-11/1436:47> »
Actually, that's a good idea.  Use them for crimes, have them broken, toss them away.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  And they'll keep hunting after a bunch of ghosts that use the names of Short Stops from the 1950s-Era of Baseball.

Finally, there really should be some rule about SINs breaking down, and slowly becoming useless.  Then find a drunken, unconscious bum and place a el cheapo Stuffer Shack Vending Machine CommLink on him/her with the SIN and, hey, time to go begging in the downtown core!

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #18 on: <03-31-11/1628:21> »
My uncle has a unique custom pacemaker due to a peculiar heart condition.
I think you meant to say he has a beta-grade cyberheart.

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #19 on: <03-31-11/1933:03> »
My uncle has a unique custom pacemaker due to a peculiar heart condition.
I think you meant to say he has a beta-grade cyberheart.
Of course. Thank you for correcting the terminology :)
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #20 on: <04-01-11/1813:05> »
Actually, that's a good idea.  Use them for crimes, have them broken, toss them away.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  And they'll keep hunting after a bunch of ghosts that use the names of Short Stops from the 1950s-Era of Baseball.
In my group we do that and use the same basic idea to set people up.  We'll use a crappy SIN for a crime, make sure they can be linked, then plant the Link and some evidence on the mark and watch the ball roll.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #21 on: <04-01-11/1830:50> »
"Do you know who I am?  I'm the District Attorney!"  "Hey, Chuck, check this out.  He has half of Mexico's Gross National Product of Marijuana in his trunk."

#ThisTaserGoesTo11