NEWS

6E Archetypes

• 27 Replies

skalchemist

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <10-23-19/1005:14> »
Ajax, are the priority picks you used on those sheets somewhere and I am just missing them?  If not, could you provide them?

D’oh! That was literally the question that I asked that prompted this whole project and I didn’t list them. Sigh.

I’ll see what I can do to fix that.
Heh, no worries!  Even just listing them next to the links in your first post would be helpful.  Or just shoving them into a field somewhere on the PDF.

Ajax

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <10-24-19/1817:18> »
And now my archetype list has Priority picks.

I'll be adding PDFs of the character sheets for the last couple of Archetypes over the next few days. But does anyone have any ideas for an Archetype they'd like to see? Remember, the goal here is "new player friendly" designs that are fairly straight-forward in concept.
Evil looms. Cowboy up. Kill it. Get paid.

Leith

• Chummer
« Reply #17 on: <10-24-19/2123:35> »
Troll-enchanter-decker-face

Ajax

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <10-24-19/2216:08> »

:o

cantrip

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <10-24-19/2232:23> »

Troll-enchanter-decker-face-adept  ;D

Leith

• Chummer
« Reply #20 on: <10-24-19/2325:46> »

Troll-enchanter-decker-face-adept  ;D

+10,000,000 karma

Ajax

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <10-25-19/0022:30> »
I’m almost mad enough to try it.

skalchemist

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <10-25-19/1029:59> »
And now my archetype list has Priority picks.

I'll be adding PDFs of the character sheets for the last couple of Archetypes over the next few days. But does anyone have any ideas for an Archetype they'd like to see? Remember, the goal here is "new player friendly" designs that are fairly straight-forward in concept.
Ajax, you have performed a very valuable community service here.  Thanks for doing this.

Looking at the Adept sheet, I take it you are assuming that in the eventual errata gaining Magic points during character creation gives power points?  I say this because the character has 6 power points of stuff, but only a 3 Magic base rating from B Magic priority pick.
« Last Edit: <10-25-19/1032:11> by skalchemist »

Ajax

• Omae
« Reply #23 on: <10-25-19/1100:55> »
Not quite. Although I do assume that will be the fix eventually, that’s not what I’ve done here.

My group has adopted a House Rule: Adepts are chosen with Magic Priorities B, C, or D. They have a starting Magic Attribute of 6, 4, or 2 at those priorities.

This is noted on the sheet.

(We’ve also made Athletics and Close Combat into Strength-based Skills, instead of Agility.)

skalchemist

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <10-25-19/1553:06> »
Not quite. Although I do assume that will be the fix eventually, that’s not what I’ve done here.

My group has adopted a House Rule: Adepts are chosen with Magic Priorities B, C, or D. They have a starting Magic Attribute of 6, 4, or 2 at those priorities.

This is noted on the sheet.

(We’ve also made Athletics and Close Combat into Strength-based Skills, instead of Agility.)
Ah, sorry I missed that!

Ajax

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <10-25-19/1708:51> »
Both of the House Rules are pretty easy for any GM to re-revert to the official rules.

In the case of the Athletics and Close Combat skills, just white out the ATT value and swap out Strength for Agility, in most cases the difference is only a point or two (and none of the characters were really built to min/max Strength over Agility anyway.

In the case of the Physical Adept's Magic Rating, you'll need to shave off two full Power Points worth of stuff. I'd recommend one level each of Critical Strike and Improved Reflexes. He'll play more or less the same, he just won't be as good at doing what he does. Although he'll still be very good compared to nearly everyone else.

It's the difference between Jet Li in real life and a character Jet Li play's in a movie. You will definitely get your ass kicked by a Jet Li movie character but will only probably get your ass kicked by the real jet Li.

Ajax

• Omae
« Reply #26 on: <10-26-19/1945:07> »
Okay! We've got everybody that I originally planned on the list.

Ajax

• Omae
« Reply #27 on: <10-29-19/0443:07> »
Just added the Sprawl Ganger to the list of Archetypes. Basically a 2080's update to the Gang Member Archetype seen in SR1 and SR2, he's a broadly skilled jack-of-many-trades with a surprisingly deep web of Contacts.