NEWS

When does the 6e NDA expire?

• 47 Replies

Moonrunner

• Chummer
« Reply #45 on: <08-05-19/1353:58> »
Can I make an Elf character be a badass agility fighter that can compete with Trolls?

What should I make him? How should I make him? I have he 6e core rulebook now.  I want him to be good with guns also.

An Adept or maybe a Street Samurai?

Lormyr

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #46 on: <08-05-19/1411:02> »
Can I make an Elf character be a badass agility fighter that can compete with Trolls?

With unarmed being a potential exception, elves are strictly more dangerous than trolls with melee weapons due to the higher agility cap. That said, the troll's additional 3 soak dice are far more valuable than the elf's additional dice to hit in this edition.
"TL:DR 6e's reduction of meaningful choices is akin to forcing everyone to wear training wheels. Now it's just becomes a bunch of toddlers riding around on tricycles they can't fall off of." - Adzling

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #47 on: <08-05-19/1604:19> »
Troll also have 2 extra condition boxes beyond what his already high body will give him. And deal physical damage with unarmed. Building a 'Hulk' character that use his fists rather than melee weapons (and perhaps a bow for ranged combat) will be very dangerous in this edition. Hitting through brick walls.

But it also seem to be highly viable to build an agility elf with a melee weapon focus. Perhaps as a physical adept using a weapon focus. Toss in some Athletics & Stealth and you got yourself a bad-ass 'Ninja' type.

And it also seem to be viable to build a mercenary. Perhaps with an armored jacket, a firearm focus, that have maybe 3-4 total, already augmented, strength that also carry a katana. In this edition he or she will actually benefit by switching to the sword when it comes to close encounters, unlike for example SR5 where it was better to just keep using a sniper rifle or assault rifle, even in QCB. This is probably the character I think of when I hear 'Street Samurai'.