NEWS

When does the 6e NDA expire?

• 47 Replies

penllawen

• Omae
  • Let's go. In and out. Twenty minute milk run.
« on: <07-31-19/0925:43> »
I'm eagerly waiting for more information on 6e (if only to settle some of the recurring circular arguments...) I know we don't know when the PDF will appear, which (to my mind) means it probably won't be this week. And even if I wanted the physical book, I bet it won't be out in the UK anytime soon, either. But will the NDA expire with the release of the physical CRB at GenCon? At least then the folks in the know will be able to share their seekrits with us freely!

(As I wrote this, it occurred to me that the date the NDA expires is probably, itself, covered under the NDA. If so: drat.)

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <07-31-19/0929:35> »
there should be plenty of us that will be willing and able to talk freely on the CRB as soon as we get back to the internet after gencon
Robert "Banshee" Volbrecht
Freelancer & FAQ Committee member
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <07-31-19/0939:27> »
What, they don't have wifi on the hotel?? You need to spill the beans to the internet the second you are allowed! ;)

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <07-31-19/1002:22> »
What, they don't have wifi on the hotel?? You need to spill the beans to the internet the second you are allowed! ;)

well for me it's going to be more about all I will have access to is my phone until I get back to my room, which will probably after midnight on a good day, then back up at 7 am ... lot's of meetings and events. :)

so ... that doesn't leave much opportunity for cohesive thoughts and posting
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team

penllawen

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <07-31-19/1007:24> »
So you think you’ll only be able to fit in 2-3 hours per day of videochat Q&A, huh?

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <07-31-19/1013:43> »
So you think you’ll only be able to fit in 2-3 hours per day of videochat Q&A, huh?

lol ... yeah sure.
If someone wants to follow me around with a camera they can film me running the 6E demos and First Taste scenarios
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <07-31-19/1123:31> »
If someone wants to follow me around with a camera they can film me running the 6E demos and First Taste scenarios
I for one would follow someone following you around with a camera... ;-)

penllawen

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <07-31-19/1155:58> »
Sounds like we have the Johnson lined up for this run. Now we need an Indianapolis fixer to hook us up with local ‘runners :)

duckman

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <07-31-19/1345:41> »
I hate to think about the details involved in a silent run into GenCon...  Badge security is supposed to be a nightmare and you're not allowed to declare it a black op halfway through or even use violence as a distraction.  How horrible is that?

penllawen

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <07-31-19/1416:48> »
Easy. Get the face to spread rumours that D&D is for Satan worshippers, start a moral panic, and get the security guards all tied up looking after a thousand petitioning middle-class parents out front. Next, intercept a few real con-goers en route to the hall, burst fire dual Narcojets by the sammy, now the whole team has badges. Stash the sleeping beauties in a locked utility closet. Deck into the GenCon host and change the photos associated with the badges, and stroll right in the door, chummer.

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #10 on: <07-31-19/1748:40> »
Iirc they said mid September so I wouldn’t be in to much of a hurry. It’s unlikely the fan base will begin forming real opinions about 6e before mid October.
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <08-01-19/0325:44> »

Have you been to GenCon? It is exhausting..most people go out, play their games,or for CGL folks, do their booth stuff..and remember many of the writers are also doubling as Demo Agents a lot of the time), get back to your room, fall into bed, wake up in time to go out and do it all over again (and, if you are lucky, grab food on your way out of the hotel, after your minimum 1 shower a day)

penllawen

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <08-01-19/0345:57> »
Pretty sure Xenon was kidding, I know I was ;)

penllawen

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <08-02-19/0326:46> »
Sooooooo are we now in the post-NDA era? Is anyone who's had access to the CRB (and isn't busy at GenCon, obv) willing to start fielding specific questions? Coz I have a list...

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #14 on: <08-02-19/2349:08> »
I will also note that chances are Banshee is drunk as a skunk by the time he stumbles back to his hotel room after hanging with the Shadowrun Scotch Squad for a couple hours ;)