NEWS

Winternight

• 13 Replies

ChewyGranola

• Newb
« on: <10-16-13/1431:56> »
Can someone give me a rundown on the while Winternight deal? I keep reading scattered snippets about plots, assassinations, nukes, etc. Not sure what book its in...so can someone enlighten me?

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <10-16-13/1524:16> »
Threats deals with Winternight in its shadowy, mysterious conspiracy phase.  System Shutdown (aka Crash 2.0) is their master plan in action.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <10-16-13/1556:07> »
Here's the full chapter from Threats that FanPro later released as a free PDF, updated for third edition because of their importance in the System Failure plotlines.

http://old.shadowrun4.com/resources/downloads/fanpro_winternight.pdf

ChewyGranola

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <10-16-13/1718:59> »
Thanks guys! I felt like I was mising out, and looks like I was. Will have to pick up System Shutdown.

Lysanderz

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <10-16-13/1953:47> »
Are these schmucks still around? I smell some trouble for one of my groups.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #5 on: <10-16-13/2137:30> »
No. Well, not more than a couple splinter cells that might be still around. They got hit by the Corporate Court (by which we mean strike teams operating around the globe, Thor visiting their primary base, etc.), and the last of the core leaders was gunned down on live trideo in Chicago during the artifacts craze. While someone might be around with the name, they aren't the same.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Lysanderz

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <10-16-13/2139:15> »
Looks like I gotta find a new shadowy group to throw wrenches into the world.

Thank god Puck is still acting the rebellious lunatic. Or incredibly sane patriot of the people.

witchdoctor

• Chummer
« Reply #7 on: <10-16-13/2337:38> »
I hear the neo-anarchists are good for that.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <10-17-13/0208:51> »

Thank god Puck is still acting the rebellious lunatic. Or incredibly sane patriot of the people.

The Puck is, and will always remain, The Puck.

The founders of Winternight are dead, but its strength was in operating via a very compartmentalized cell structure. However, by all appearances it may actually be one of the few entities to be effectively gone in SR outside of any survivors or copycats.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #9 on: <10-17-13/0332:49> »
Both of those being quite bad enough.

Also, Ásatrú got lumped in with them (they're not) and are quite cranky.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Malathis

• Chummer
« Reply #10 on: <10-17-13/1013:16> »

Are you saying that Puck is THE Puck? Because I think that would be awesome.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #11 on: <10-17-13/1042:26> »

Are you saying that Puck is THE Puck? Because I think that would be awesome.

Heh.

No. I wish, and I could be circumspect about it to mess with you all, but no. However, that is not to say The Puck doesn't exist. But I do treat Puck quite a bit like his namesake for all intents and purposes.

Crunch

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <10-17-13/1049:47> »
No. Well, not more than a couple splinter cells that might be still around. They got hit by the Corporate Court (by which we mean strike teams operating around the globe, Thor visiting their primary base, etc.), and the last of the core leaders was gunned down on live trideo in Chicago during the artifacts craze. While someone might be around with the name, they aren't the same.

Which is a shame. I always thought Winternight would have been a great recurring villain, rather than a plotline specific big bad.

Of course...

Hmmm... Leftover Winternight mole cell inside Ares Operations that stumbles across the Hive infiltrating the Ares excecutive and launches a Ares vs Ares Toxic vs Bug shadow war...

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #13 on: <10-17-13/1635:54> »
It took them 30 years and they had second-generation sleeper agents significant enough to be a top global figure in nanoweapons. Anything is possible.