NEWS

Panzerknacker [IC]

• 723 Replies

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <10-02-16/1247:14> »
Slobbertooth sighs, but goes into the room to find Krestov. Just like old times

Putting a hand on his shoulder, Slob brought himself to Krestov's ear as he move towards his seat "Special K, if you wouldn't mind going to check on bianca. You're better at this. I'll put in your order for you.".

"Konbanwa. Sorry about the smell everyone. It's been a long couple of weeks. Was going some pro-bono cases and ended up doing some cycles holed-up in then Barrens." Slobbertooth took a seat a bit farther away from the rest of the occupants out of courtesy after shaking hands with Schmidt. "Hisashiburi."
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
" translated foreign language" (Foreign Language)

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #16 on: <10-02-16/1304:53> »
Schmitt took the hand and shook it warmly: "Kochirakoso. It's no matter, the meeting had to be short notice for security reasons. But no need to hurry now, as you know I like to get to business after the meal. I hear the steak and potatoes are great."

talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <10-02-16/1824:48> »
Devon will follow the ork and find a seat in the middle of the table, not too close or too far from the man waiting.  He nods to the host and places a dinner order, what ever the specialty of the house is.  Once everyone is seated he will look around the table, taking in a general sense of the group without concerning himself with specifics.  They looked capable, and they seemed to be familiar with and on good terms with their potential employer, he hoped that boded well for the job.

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <10-03-16/0029:06> »
bnc vanishes into the ladies' restroom and shuts the door behind her. She lets some cold water run over her face, then looks into the mirror, taking a deep breath.

Pull yourself together, Bianca. What pathetic show is that you're pulling off? Crying 'cuz some styled up model's got all them boobs you never had? This ain't a Volksschul field trip. Calm down, stupid. This is Johnson, waiting outside. Gerhard. There might be a new team member in your party. Relax!

Relax. Her muscles almost move unconsciously. Without really knowing it, bnc suddenly has a small plastic bag in her hands. She opens the zip and removes a slivery patch. Her fingers are shaking.

[spoiler]url=http://orokos.com/roll/442118]Addiction Resistance[/url]: 13d6t5 2[/spoiler]
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <10-03-16/0139:49> »
Yael enters the room, quietly and look around her. Dr. Schmidt seems to be a man of money, or so he wants to be perceived. She respectfully curtsy and introduce herself  as "Anna" to the Jhonson and runners, she then takes  seat.

Yael is an average height and clearly human. She is attractive, well mannered and move with grace. Yael is thin but not in the elven standard that would require an eating disorder for a human to achieve. She is curvy and busty and though not thin or tall enough to be a model but she makes the best out of what nature has handed her.  She appears healthy, and well beyond her lifestyle as her appearance is enhanced by with professional use of cosmetics, well beyond what most women can do. In fact, Yael could have opened a beauty saloon. Her brown eyes appear just a little bit larger and inviting and her eye lashes are just long enough. Her skin appears to be perfect and her lips are deliciously thick. Yael compliments that look with a gorgeous black dress with a generous cleavage and complimenting black heels. 

« Last Edit: <10-03-16/0146:25> by gilga »

Qwikfix

« Reply #20 on: <10-03-16/0754:21> »
Krestov moved slowly, his eyes half shut when Slobbertooth passed him by.  With a small look, he bowed his head to their Johnson and stood up, straightening the coat around his suit as a man and a well-dressed human woman came in...likely using the same tailor as his suit.  Interesting...

"A moment.  Please pardon..."  The troll rumbled out in his thick Russian accent, turning to depart from the back room, heading down the side hall to where the facilities were at.  Stopping just outside the ladies' room, the big guy leaned himself against the wall by the door before giving it a little thump, pulling up his commlink to reach her in their private channel.

An image of himself in his current state, for better or worse, appeared before her, eyes staring softly as he knelt down to speak at eye level, interrupting her current ritual.

<<"Hello again, malyutka.  I never got to thank you for the shirt...This time as fugitives...it's been challenging.  But this may clear us up...get us back on our feet.  It looks like we have some new faces to work with...I know that isn't easy since Bluebird, but...well, sometimes that happens.  You do what you do, and you're the best at it.>>"  A flicker of a smile fell on his features.  <<"You're not getting replaced anytime soon.  They would have kill me for it, yeah?">>

[spoiler]for RP purposes: Cha+Int: 6d6t5 4  [/spoiler]

badneighbor

• Chummer
« Reply #21 on: <10-03-16/1133:44> »
Kite pushed her way through the restaurant doors, only moderately successful in her attempt to look like she hadn’t rushed to get there on time. Internally she kicked herself for taking that extra time to clean herself up; she knew that if anyone should be punctual it should be the driver.

She was wearing her old, worn-out black combat boots and dark green army-style cargo pants, loose around her legs and belted low around her hips. Her shirt was ¾ sleeve baseball-style undershirt with a bold, black X on the chest, visible through the brown leather jacket she wore open over it. Her midriff didn’t show unless she moved her arms in a particular way to make her shirt rise up an inch or two. She was in decent shape but by no means an athlete. She wore a modest amount of makeup, most notably bright green lipstick that matched the green streaks in her otherwise black hair, cut short and tied back with a black paisley bandanna. The right side of her face bore a large, wicked looking scar and her right eye was clearly aritificial.

She stood 5’9”, maybe an inch or two taller due to her boots, which was on the taller side for a human woman. It allowed her to make long enough strides into the room to cover the distance quickly. Just as she was about to pull up at the bar, an elderly orc approached her and quietly asked him to join the group upstairs. She regarded him for a moment, having just realized she’d been in such a rush that she’d failed to have a look around at the other faces nearby. She nodded and headed toward the stairs, making it a point this time to have a look at the other individuals the orc had approached. A woman in a black dress headed in that direction, as did young man carrying some sort of bag, a large, tired-looking troll in a longcoat, and a disheveled orc in a respirator. Kite caught a whiff of him from several paces behind and winced, wishing she had a respirator of her own. The older orc had also spoken to a young, thin girl, but she’d gone running toward the restroom instead of upstairs. Kite watched her go with mild curiosity.

Upstairs, a tall blue-eyed man awaited them. The smelly orc spoke quietly to the troll before moving on to greet the man, and the troll pushed his way back out of the room and downstairs. Kite pressed herself against the wall to let him by, and then selected a seat for herself at the middle of the table, across from the young man.

When it comes her time to order, she asks for a beer and some sort of seafood.

[spoiler]Kite is wearing her armored jacked but left her helmet, mask, and armguards in the car. She has a large smuggling compartment in her cyberleg (capacity 5). The Lockheed Optic is listed as a small-sized drone so at GM’s discretion, if it fits in the compartment that’s what she’ll do. Otherwise she’ll have her MCT Fly-Spy stored in there. All other drones will be in the car as well, along with her RCC. And of course she has her cyber SMG in her right arm.[/spoiler]

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #22 on: <10-03-16/1259:42> »
"Krestov... What are you doing here..? I'm ... I'm all right. I'll just have to ... f-"
bnc sighs, inaudibly to Krestov, then takes a moment to bring some order in her thoughts.

"That model? What - are we chosing our companions by the size of their titties now? I... This is so embarassing, Krestov. This is the worst first impression ever... She ... Damn, I believe she's a mage. She...
I dunno why I'm asking you at all, but can I take a bit of Whoom? Just half a patch, promise. I-I'd prop myself up with a tiny, half dose of bananadust, so I won't be sleepy. Do you remember it? You liked me a lot when we tried it. Just a hint to make the pain go. You're okay with it, aren't you?"
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <10-03-16/1610:07> »
Schmitt seemed to be entirely unfazed by the comings and goings, just shaking hands with everyone who would stay long enough to do so. When he saw Kite order the fried fish he just smiled and murmured: "Und das nachdem ich endlich ein gutes Bar&Grill Restaurant gefunden habe..."
[spoiler](For those with translation software or able to speak German: "And that after I finally found a good Bar&Grill restaurant...")[/spoiler]
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <10-03-16/1821:26> »
When Devon's well done steak arrived, he dug into it with gusto, the long sleeves of his skinny arms occasionally pulling to show the golden bracers he wore on his forearms.  It wasn't that he was particularly hungry, but he enjoyed a good steak when it was well made.  Still, the effect of his somewhat painfully thin frame eating with such vigor made him look like a refugee of the Eurowars that hadn't eaten in a week.

The illusion did not extend over his mulatto skin to his eyes, there was no hunger in them, he simply observed, taking it all in.  Quiet, intelligent, thoughtful, he simply watched and waited, and ate.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #25 on: <10-04-16/0634:19> »
Yael shakes Dr. Shmitt's hand and move to order from the menu, a real steak is an opportunity that she cannot easily pass out - especially if she did not have to butter up some businessman with false promises to get it. Nevertheless she eats the stake as if she is used to that kind of eating. Street kids need to be playful with their emotions to survive - be overly grateful and the next day you are exploited. That meal was a power play to butter them up in negotiations, of course it was. Well fed people are more optimistic and do not think all the way through about the dangers of that job. That said, Yael did not feel like a professional runner quite yet, and it was unlikely that she will be the one to negotiate. So that was somebody else's problem Yael could enjoy the meal and the company.

Yael assenses the man next to her (Devon) - she cannot miss the large variety of foci the man is carrying and that his magic is stronger than her's. Clearly a superior and more experienced mage.   She feels underwhelmed "Fake it and get a pay day that will get you out of the gutter" She thinks. Trying to break the ice she says: "I am Anna, I study magic for practitioners at Seattle's university, I am close to graduation and you are?"
[spoiler]
I notice that both of them are following the same mentor spirit by the way, perhaps this can come up sometime.  Assense Devon: 13d6t5 6
feel free to add stuff to what Yael senses.
[/spoiler]

Qwikfix

« Reply #26 on: <10-04-16/0755:15> »
"Krestov... What are you doing here..? I'm ... I'm all right. I'll just have to ... f-"
bnc sighs, inaudibly to Krestov, then takes a moment to bring some order in her thoughts.

"That model? What - are we chosing our companions by the size of their titties now? I... This is so embarassing, Krestov. This is the worst first impression ever... She ... Damn, I believe she's a mage. She...
I dunno why I'm asking you at all, but can I take a bit of Whoom? Just half a patch, promise. I-I'd prop myself up with a tiny, half dose of bananadust, so I won't be sleepy. Do you remember it? You liked me a lot when we tried it. Just a hint to make the pain go. You're okay with it, aren't you?"

Krestov's form stiffened a bit, looking off to a side for a moment, clearly collecting his thoughts at his known thinking speed as he turned, offering a smile.  "Hm.  If Bianca believe bust important, would have taken Krestov's joke offer months ago seriously.  I am sure was not our choice who pick.  Beside, meet yet to happen.  First impression not happen..."

"...you know that even if I said no, I couldn't stop you, malyutka.  I've never been dictator of life.  What would say, though, is that maybe being under influence may give that bad impression you so worry about."
  He paused, looking down with hands in his pockets.  "We were in the moment with that one yes..but the moments  I remember the most are the ones I do remember.   But like Krestov said, choice is yours.  Will be here and will meet Schmidt with you when ready, okay?"
« Last Edit: <10-04-16/1133:46> by Qwikfix »

SquirrelDude

• Omae
« Reply #27 on: <10-04-16/0909:59> »
Slobbertooth just sipped his water, and picked at his rib-eye while he waited for Krestov to get back. Taking a bite or two and then quickly recovering his mouth with the respirator while he chewed. It hardly lessened the experience of eating genuine sanitary food that was properly prepared for the first time in a month. He'd ordered Krestov some surf and turf. He noticed the room was rather uneasy. Not tense, but there wasn't any chatter until Anna introduced herself. Slobber had expected the good Dr. to handle the introductions, but perhaps the people joining them were also independent contractors hired through a contact.

Her announcement that she was a mage made him feel better that he had started masking himself out of habit. Hopefully it had held up. He was still rather new to the whole idea.
« Last Edit: <10-04-16/1135:08> by SquirrelDude »
"normal speech"
"under your breath"
thought
Astral
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
" translated foreign language" (Foreign Language)

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #28 on: <10-04-16/1140:11> »
"I go by the handle of Flatline, a razor that I worked with decided it was appropriate given my medical skills.  I am a mage as well, no formal training just what I could pick up from my mother and the streets."  Devon felt a bump in the back of his mind *my apologies, Great One*  "The Protector has been generous with its knowledge as well."

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #29 on: <10-04-16/1225:20> »
Yael thought "He even has a handle, of course he is not going to tell people his name. I am such a noob, for not having a cool handle." She smiled "Well you are lucky to have someone so close to learn from." When he mentioned the protector Yael's heart skipped a bit, different traditions and different people call mentors different names, but could his protector - be her matriarch bear? As much as it is her, Yael has never really interacted with her mentor. She liked the image of a strong dominant female that protects her cubs, and so Yael was drawn into physical fitness, health magic and a deep sense of honor, sometimes despite herself. She felt silly to even mention it to a person that admitted that a divine entity teaches him magic.
"This is very impressive, Flatline, and what about you guys?" She looked at Slobber and Kite. She was careful not to eat while she talked, and timed their response to get a quick bite of fries.