NEWS

Tangled Currents - OOC thread

• 383 Replies

adamu

« on: <02-24-16/1650:09> »
Okay, this is where we'll keep all the OOC action for Tangled Currents on this board.

All the first wave Dumpshockers are up, and now Black Bart is up on this side.

Rest of first wave is Prof Gast, Jack_Spade, and BigGuns, also all on this side and up by end of the week.

(Apologies again for the big delay from last week.)

Second wave will start up as soon as possible. That will be Chrome Head (love your stuff on OP, man), Beta, Pap, and Brickyard if she returns.
I also have placeholders for Horseman and Renard in that wave if I get submissions from them.
If I missed anyone, please speak up!

This thread will be for ongoing action.
You can keep using the recruitment thread for build/submission questions or, of course recruitment issues.

RECRUITMENT UPDATE
I'll put this in the recruitment threads also, but...

Second wave will be the end of the one-on-one, then duos, then finally groups format.

I will still have recruitment open for people that want to join as others drop out, but they will be brought into the existing groups.

adamu

« Reply #1 on: <02-24-16/1650:51> »
@BlackBart

Will need initiative, declaration of actions, and any rolls you think you might need (including some defense rolls).

ProfGast

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <02-29-16/1734:57> »
Apologies, just noticed the IC for my character.  I'll try and get a post up for it later today.

adamu

« Reply #3 on: <02-29-16/1746:42> »
Apologies, just noticed the IC for my character.  I'll try and get a post up for it later today.

Actually my bad for being so late with everything!

Post when you post - all cool.

Black Bart

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <02-29-16/2236:25> »
Well, my IC is pretty much combat at the start, so before I post anything there, I put up my dice pools.
Initiative is 10+1d6. First roll man i got a six... not even playing. So initiative 16
First attack on elf is Agi+Unarmed for 14 dice. I had a question since the elf is coming down on top of me, when I grab, does me slamming him into a wall act as throwing or still unarmed?
Def roll is 10 dice
Resist Damage is 21
Tell me if got this right or not. An unarmed attack has 8S damge, with 10 accuracy. Does that mean against an unarmored opponent I could do 10 hits of 8 stun damage?
I don't even know if this was the stuff you were looking for Adamu.
Don't tell Lynn I'm not working right now...

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <03-01-16/0757:50> »
@Adamu: I think I've managed to link all of the Tangled Currents threads in the master OoC here and on DS, all 9?!?  You've got your work cut out for you!!!  Enjoying it immensely, now I just need to keep track of them all :P  ...and that's on top of your thread with Mercy...on p10 of 17 there sheesh  ::)
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

adamu

« Reply #6 on: <03-01-16/0939:11> »
@Adamu: I think I've managed to link all of the Tangled Currents threads in the master OoC here and on DS, all 9?!?  You've got your work cut out for you!!!  Enjoying it immensely, now I just need to keep track of them all :P  ...and that's on top of your thread with Mercy...on p10 of 17 there sheesh  ::)

Dude, that's very macho and i appreciate it much.

All those links and things - I literally get dizzy thinking about trying to sort all that.

Sorry about the volume. It's a bit much for me as well, but once things coalesce then it will probably just be a couple of more conventional run-oriented threads (but hopefully with the added depth of more fleshed out characters and relationships).

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <03-01-16/1020:48> »
I have complete faith that you'll manage that just fine  ;D
If you need help with anything (develop locations, find connections etc.) just send a PM.
And don't fret about the speed. The dynamic will come by itself once we are all fully invested.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

adamu

« Reply #8 on: <03-02-16/0753:41> »
Well, my IC is pretty much combat at the start, so before I post anything there, I put up my dice pools.
Initiative is 10+1d6. First roll man i got a six... not even playing. So initiative 16
First attack on elf is Agi+Unarmed for 14 dice. I had a question since the elf is coming down on top of me, when I grab, does me slamming him into a wall act as throwing or still unarmed?
Def roll is 10 dice
Resist Damage is 21
Tell me if got this right or not. An unarmed attack has 8S damge, with 10 accuracy. Does that mean against an unarmored opponent I could do 10 hits of 8 stun damage?
I don't even know if this was the stuff you were looking for Adamu.

BB - thanks for this!
Have PMed you with a few questions about your stats.
Once we straighten that out we should be able to resolve this little fracas with the elves fairly quickly, and I'll put up answers to your rules questions above at that time.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <03-05-16/1218:01> »
Been a while since there's been a response in the threads for this one (though the "Al and Alyce" thread got posted in yesterday).
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

adamu

« Reply #10 on: <03-16-16/1855:12> »
@BigGuns - it is actually a big deal to me that I had them use your street name instead of the real name they know you by. I'm going to edit that right away, and I appreciate you pointing it out!

Also, instead of putting spoilers in the IC posts, would you mind puttin such messages here in the OOC thread?  Thanks!

ProfGast

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <03-18-16/0353:32> »
Sam intends to contact Gordo as soon as Ken weighs in on if it's a good idea or not.  It isn't that he doesn't trust Comb, but he's had no real dealings with the Ko'mungo since coming to Seattle and in cases like that he always falls back on asking the information broker's opinion.

adamu

« Reply #12 on: <03-21-16/0702:49> »
Big announcement

Due to me obviously biting off more than I can chew, the esteemed Mercy Merchant will be co-GMing with me. Specifically, Mercy will be launching the one-to-ones for the Second Wave and GMing those characters until stated otherwise.

Because I have taken so much longer than planned to get this started, some people may have justifiably given up on me (ouch).

So Mercy is trying contact all the second wave folk, and do pipe up here if you have not been reached.

Also, Mercy is having trouble getting registered on Dumpshock, so may have to conduct things on Shadowgrid.

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #13 on: <03-21-16/0815:00> »
Cool :)  I really enjoyed seeing MM as a player in another game, will be cool to see as GM.  And, uh, I guess this means I need to actually decide on one character ASAP and get it re-submitted.!

adamu

« Reply #14 on: <03-21-16/0950:43> »
@Jack - wasn't really sure what was up with the werewolves - that's a game you play with her? Anyway, ball is in your court if you want to send Kate a message.