NEWS

[IC] Messy Biz

• 392 Replies

GrimWulf

• Omae
« Reply #30 on: <04-29-11/0151:46> »
Noise pushes off from the wall letting the paper cup fall to floor next to the trashcan.  She let's the little girl follow the man into the back before following.  She eyes up the sammy... 'Grant?' checking how he holds himself and what gear he has.  Noting the katana she smirks at him hold up two fingers in what could be mistaken as a victory sign.  She raises an eyebrow at him before flicking her hair at him and following the Johnson into the office.

She let's the J introduce himself, seating herself at the table and mentally noting the name not being Seejo after all.  Creepy Joe however was not really the name she'd place on this guy. A dwarf named Hank however, yeah, that seemed to fit. She pulls out a cigarette and places it between her lips pausing before lighting it to introduce herself. 

"I am Genevieve, some call me by Noise."

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #31 on: <04-29-11/0506:12> »
[OOC: lie roll 1d6 → [2] = (2)]
"Introductions first, then the job?  That must have been where I went wrong earlier.  Little Joe.  I'm the muscle."

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #32 on: <04-29-11/0843:39> »
Silk preferred to keep things more to business, Johnsons didn't need a name other than Mr. or Mrs. Johnson. Creepy Joe, who called himself that? He looked like a vagrant too.
But if he was running this clinic -even at "Half Price!!!"- he must have enough nuyen to spend on a team. And she had nothing but respect for people who paid properly.

He didn't offer or seem to expect a handshake so she replied to his to-the-point introduction with a polite smile. "I'm Silk, pleasure to meet you, sir." She really couldn't get "Creepy Joe" across her lips.

As Silk took a seat on one of the chairs, she let her eyes fall on the small girl with the big mouth. The girls introduction may have seemed a bad joke, but somehow she didn't think it was. Looks weren't the best way to judge a person; the... midget? dwarf? gnome?.. had managed to survive in this business long enough to get here, despite the obvious problems her looks must create all the time. Not a lot of 'runs took place inside a kindergarten, how did someone looking like a 5 year old girl manage to get around by herself? Definitely someone to keep an eye on. It might actually be fun getting past security pretending to be mother and daughter, if not for the mischievous look, misplaced sense of humor and big mouth the 'girl' seemed to posses.

Ten-Hex

• Omae
« Reply #33 on: <04-29-11/0928:24> »
Still Waters rolls up out of the chair he had been slouching in since following Silk into the waiting room and heads back with the other societal cast-offs to the office meeting room. His Sight washes over the group, picking out the secrets and nuances of their auras.

He hops up to squat on one of the benches against the wall, not saying much. When it's his turn to introduce himself, he gives a brief, "Still Waters," in his heavy accent.

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #34 on: <04-29-11/1110:20> »
Grant bows as you all pass. To Noise he gives his katana a quick glance, then tries to hide a bemused look with a friendly smile.

Spell Resist Creepy Joe (5d6.hits(5)=3)

"Yeah, yeah, I'm not using Johnson. Creepy Joe's become a work name for me, no I didn't pick it." He sighs lightly and turns to Waters.
"Mr. Still Waters, We've left the wards so your signature may enter, We understand in your culture cutting you off from your spirits may insult you. Oh and Miss Noise, I apologise, the clinic is no smoking."
He offers an apologetic look, then after pulling his slowly drying hair out of his face he continues.
"I work for a certain organisation that you will have heard of most likely but that is unimportant. This job is basically a test to see if you're the team we need for future ones. So far my operations are unknown, you've all been chosen because I've been told you should be able to keep it that way.
You'll be doing item retrieval for us. I-..."

His eyes glaze over as he looks at something in AR.
"Excuse me... "
He turns to the wall to concentrate, obviously annoyed, he seems to not care that you can hear.
"Why the hell are you calling now, you know I'm busy....................Yes they're here.................What? Theres no fraggin way he'd be here, he knows we're looking for........... Fine I'll get them too...........No I'll do it.......I'm the one in the fraggin room with them!.......... Don't you frgging dare pull rank..... You only got that far cos of.........No..........Yes........Yes sir..........."

He turns back to you all, red in the face. "Any of you not got AR?..."

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
  • The idea is to die young as late as possible -A.M.
« Reply #35 on: <04-29-11/1259:08> »
she smirks while watching the the smoke stick putting out the last smoke for the leanght of this conversation.

If they wants to travel in MY Habu, they better not light one while inside or they can enjoy the Comfort of the roof of the trailer.

Pleasure to meet you all, Andromeda the name. I Lie        4d6.hits(5) → [4,2,6,2] = (1)

« Last Edit: <04-29-11/1325:27> by Kouryuu »
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best and expect nothing!
Matrix;speaking;thinking;ExternalSourcesLink
RainDragonBar

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #36 on: <04-29-11/1301:36> »
she smirks while watching the small child put out her smoke stick.

If she wants to travel in MY Habu, she better not light one or her place to be while travelling will be on the roof of the trailer.

Pleasure to meet you all, Andromeda the name. Lie
Use the BBCode please

Artighur

• Omae
« Reply #37 on: <04-29-11/1424:28> »
Hank make a quick "no" gesture, little intrigued by the call the Creepy Joe, just got.

That sounds a lot of mafia crap, meh whatever...

I'm fine.

Ten-Hex

• Omae
« Reply #38 on: <04-29-11/1531:15> »
Still Waters nods in appreciation to Creepy Joe's decorum, then quietly listens.

Interesting. Someone is covering him. Still Waters examines the nuances of the astral signatures of spirits linked to their Johnson.

His body becomes a bit more attentive at the Johnson's agitation, his visage becoming sharp and serious as his perceptions return to the mundane world. Still Waters pulls his comm from a coat pocket and switches it to a passive setting, letting out a quiet sigh as his vision begins to populate with the annoying AR data.
« Last Edit: <04-29-11/1533:11> by Ten-Hex »

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #39 on: <04-29-11/1617:50> »
Silk nods at Creepy Joe, her index finger touches the corner of her right eye. She opens a commlink channel for him to send to.
Interesting. Power plays could be so much fun to watch... even more fun to manipulate.

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #40 on: <04-29-11/1935:00> »
"Guh!  Of course.  I couldn't see Mr. Clompers without my special goggles!  He's like my best horse-friend!"

An org-run place, hunh?  Not mob, for sure.  Only other groups I know have chopshops are the Yakuza or Tamanous, and this guy doesn't seem like he's Japanese.  This better not be some human trafficking thing.  Guard duty is sooooo boring.

GrimWulf

• Omae
« Reply #41 on: <04-29-11/2136:37> »
Noise squishes the end of her lit cigarette with two fingers, grinding the embers quickly. She then returns the now unlit cig to her mouth. She watches the rest of the conversation with a sense of amusement.

"Any of you not got AR?..."

She taps the goggles on her heard and pulls them down over her eyes and activating the AR inputs with a thought.

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
  • The idea is to die young as late as possible -A.M.
« Reply #42 on: <04-30-11/0550:18> »
Andromeda let her cyberware eyes shine in a Red glove.
You could see them behind the protective eyeware of the helmet like 2 dark red points that was drilling inside you.
That should suffice as an answer.
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best and expect nothing!
Matrix;speaking;thinking;ExternalSourcesLink
RainDragonBar

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #43 on: <04-30-11/1148:18> »
Looking at Andromeda, unamused, "Cute."

He brings up a Tridcall ARO, the Icon is a faceless businessman in a black, with red trim, suit.

"Hello, newbies, I'm Mr. Johnson and we don't have much time."

Joe rolls his eyes.

More to follow later, been invited to a friend's for dinner with his housemates, mmmn stew.

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #44 on: <05-01-11/1226:41> »
After listinging to everyones introductions, I/O looks at Joe and replies himself "John Sebastian, pleasure to meat you all." Taking a seat near the rear of the room he quickly scans for active coms and does a ping to the bilboard outside of the club across the street to check to see if the signal in the room is being properly inhibited. After seeing his current team I/O start to feel that he is slightly out of place, his attire containing a standard set of blue jeans and a clean t-shirt typical for the casual dress look of a blue color office worker, sets him apart from the group. I/O comforts himself with the thought, at least I won't be associated with them when the dreck hits the fan. but the chilling realization that his team will probably be the cause of the dreck makes him start to think twice about this run. programs dont upgrade themselves and if you want to keep your current ocupation you need to do this whether you like it or not. While listening to the Johnson's opeing speil, I/O starts to scan the room to see if any of his possible teammates seems to have a good head on their shoulders. Its then that he starts to put together his curent beleifs on his new employers, mentaly unstable runners, body clinic, mysterious package delivory, and an orginizaion that we have all heard of, smells like orginlegers to me. Not that I mind working for legers, they pay as well as any other, but the sociopath attitudes do tend to make it more dangerous to run in this crowed. Joes call sends I/O spidy snense tingling and his current argument cases his fears to grow more concerned with the stat of affairs. As the Johnson asks to know if everyone has AR a smile crosses I/Os lips, which is quickly turn down when the new johnson desides to insult him with his opeing remarks. Newbies? you stupid fuck I/O, this job will get you killed, walk away now. With that I/O stands, "Mr. Johnson, with all due respect, I think I have seen and heard enough at this point. I don't wish ot know the specifics of the job as that puts both of us at jerpordy, and I wish our parting to be on non-hostile terms. turning to the group, It was nice meeting you all. and then as he walks towards the doors he looks to Creepy Joe, Thank you for contacting me for this job. I hope you are succesful in your future indevers, but I think I am the wrong man for this. His thoughts however are not as veiled.You ever send a man to break into my hme node again and you will find him dropped over his desk, with his brain leaking out of his nostrels. Good day all. with that he starts to open the door to the room.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking