NEWS

Urban Brawl -- 4th Scenario (finished)

• 110 Replies

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #30 on: <04-26-11/1442:31> »
I know the risk, but Id take it...it is better than have all targets in one vehicle, that would be an easy kill. Ill try to stay out of the line of fire, dont wory...and out of sight for most of the time, Im not a heavy hitter. Just try to imagine that you are standing at the vans back doors. I don`t think there would be enought place for me to make a difference, that space is like a too short coffin. But thanks for your concern. You should also be carefull, this won`t be anything like the rosegraden walk.

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #31 on: <04-26-11/1448:53> »
"I like second vehicle Zach, maybe surprise the ones surprising us. And plan sound good, Brick. Maybe I hack gridguide main server too, green lights for us and guide traffic to trouble people behind us? Can try find backdoor before we start." He likes the idea of screwing with gridguide... driving should be about freedom, not following tracks like a train. He also liked the idea of Zach drawing some bullets away from his car... the fact that those bullets would be flying towards a different target didn't cross his mind.
"I give lift home if you want, if you don't mind a little muzyka."

He shouts something Polish in the direction of the door. You can make out he's addressing someone(something?) called Luka; he's asking whether it's found anything.

[OOC: Drone perception: Sensor 6 + Visual Enhancement 3 + Clearsight 3 = (12d6.hits(5)=6)
Drone Covert Ops: Pilot 3 + Covert Ops 3= (6d6.hits(5)=3)
Anyone getting in the car for a ride home will be immediately bombarded with Bach's Cello Sonata, blasting through the speaker system at incredible volume.]

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #32 on: <04-26-11/1451:29> »
"I'm okay with that. Wagner, does your car have real windows, or just cameras? I need a visor at least to work my magic... I have the proper spell to damage a car, if needed. Off course it works on people and drones too, but in case of metahumans it depends on body mass - bigger, tougher targets are more difficult to hit with it. Besides that I can provide Healing and if things go south, we could pick up Zach. Brick, you've seen me Levitate things already, I leave getting something massive - up to a hundred kilos or two - and hard to hurl in case we need to do that. I could also provide you with more protection if needed, or enhance your combat sense, but that's pretty taxing, especially since I can only use my focus to sustain the protective and levitation spells. And only one at a time... Besides that, I have an assault rifle, and a few tricks in my sleeve... Magical and not. I could ask for additional support, but I'd rather keep that support to a backseat role. I'm not one of those slave drivers who pushes Spirits around. They don't do my bidding, they provide assistance because I ask them nicely. And I do have to repay that favor in time..."
Stryker finished his monologue, and you see that there is more to it, than just a summary of things he can do. You can see his mind working, cogs moving and the mental machinery making up scenarios as he talks...
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #33 on: <04-26-11/1520:34> »
Brick stands up from the table hefting his bag."Alright Gents. looks like we're done here. Study the routes, and get everything you want ready done tonight so we don't have to scramble tomorrow. I'll take that ride Wagner, it'll give me a chance to check out what you've got for tomorrow night." Brick turns to Stryker "I know how you are about your spirits, and I won't impose, but make sure you have everything on stand by for this, I expect this to go south harder than the last run,Brick's eyes look wary and we don't need a repeat of that." (OOC:When wagner is ready Brick will ride with him, most likely plugging his ears most of the way. :P)
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #34 on: <04-26-11/1535:40> »
Zach will wait until others leave, take a walk around the club, watching his back...when he came back, he is at the opositre side of the street, finds his place amongst the garbage and waits for the johnson. His chameleon is ON, his chopper is parked ten meters away, also hidden from the street. When Dustin leaves the club, Zach will wait for a few minutes, watching people who are here, tring to figure out any suspects. Then he will move to his bike and drives by sideways in the way that he would close to Dustin`s path twice again maybe on some crossroad, where he would came from different direction. I know where Dustin lives, and assuming he drives by the grid Ill try to figure out his way home.
Ill try to meet him twice...once crossing his parth in right angle, once standing in oposite road side, with the engine turned of and my chameleon, an also my bikes chameleon ON. Im trying to figure out, is someone is tailing him. Just for sure, you never know.

Finding the road:
Intuition(4)+Navigation(2)+Mapsoft(5) (11d6.hits(5)=3)
First meeting:
Intuition(4)+Shadowing(3) (7d6.hits(5)=0)
Second meeting:
Intuition(4)+Shadowing(3) (7d6.hits(5)=5)

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #35 on: <04-26-11/1549:38> »
"Is got windows, still have many work on Klaudia..." He sounds somewhat disappointed, but then brightens. "Her machine gun and grenade launcher is completed, is good, no?"

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #36 on: <04-26-11/1612:52> »
Stryker nods to Wagner with a smile, and replies, making sure no one will eavesdrop first.
"I take any music in return for a ride. I have to go with Brick, he has my cash and I need to either go apartment hunting, or just have my cred with me to get a more contemporary one. Besides, I need to meet your girl, if we're going to work together. What can I say - I'm an old-fashioned spellslinger. I need to get to know a woman if I'm to trust her with my life... Oh, and Brick, I can make the package disappear if you want. It would be a pain, but only a mage or spirit can find it if we're lucky."

While they were driving, the Shardling he asked to watch Zach's back - and remembered to hold his attention by supplying it with both constant mental chatter, and magical infusions of Mana - reported something unusual. The elf asked it to show him what's happening, and smiled when the image arrived through the mental link. He whispered through the connection they shared. "Thank you, little one. I would be very grateful if you'd continue keeping an eye on him. I'll also send more help his way, so tell him - and whisper that to his ear, so he can hear and no one else - 'Stryker sends assistance. The Eternal One called Mirror Twice Unseen will help you stay hidden. He can turn you invisible, like the spell Stryker used or conceal you and your bike further with his own magic.'" He took his time, and fed the fledgling spirit with information slowly, and with focus, so it's underdeveloped cognitive abilities would be able to process it all. He took caution to ask the spirit pup to repeat the instructions, so it wouldn't do anything wrong.
With a slight mental exercise Stryker summoned one of the Spirits he worked with already. This one was a silent and all-business type, and making people unseen was his business. He bargained with it for a while, and the strain of it broke cold sweat on his face, but in the end the Eternal One sealed the deal and followed the Shardling's trail to silently approach Zach and assist him.

Quote from: Summoning a Force 3 Spirit of Man (with the Innate Spell: Improved Invisibility optional power)
Magic(4)+Summoning(3) (7d6.hits(5)=2)
Force(3) (3d6.hits(5)=1)
Drain Resistance (10d6.hits(5)=0)
Total of 1 Service and 2S damage.

Without a word he took out his medkit, and worked it's wonders. He knew how to fight magical strain damage pretty well by now...
Logic(4)+FirstAid(1)+Medkit(4)-3(conditions) (6d6.hits(5)=3)
« Last Edit: <04-26-11/1618:34> by Kot »
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #37 on: <04-26-11/1625:02> »
Tell your master that Im gratefull. Im trying to find out if Santa is already watching the package. Ill fill you as soon as I got something.

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #38 on: <04-26-11/2017:38> »
@Wagner:

You don't notice anyone following Dustin as he leaves.  After tying up a few loose ends in the plans with Brick you drop him off and then go home to get some rest. 

@Zach:
Mirror Twice Unseen materializes as a homeless man in tattered clothes with never the less an etherial mystic glow about him.  He climbs on the back of your bike and as you race off with him you notice a shroud of night-essence wrap the both of you and the bike.  You park you bike and lock it up in it's usual spot and spend the rest of the evening over near a little fire you made out of old crate pine wood listening to Mirror's drunken singing.  You fall asleep wondering how such a magnificent being would choose such a humble way of displaying himself in this world.

@Stryker: 
Bringing Mirror Twice Unseen into the the world was quite a bit more painful than you would have wanted but after a few hours of rest your headache goes away. 
[OOC: you're healed up to full Stun now.]

@Everyone:

The plan goes down quite perfectly and before you know it Dustin's car is cruising up I-405 with even an AR image of a passenger which Xzylvador managed to generate so that only someone with a decent Analyze program or their image-links off would notice.  Most passengers on I-405 though are all living through reality filters so you should be fine.  Meanwhile, after picking up Dustin from the parking ramp where you pulled up right behind his car and he got in, you are now on a different much more round-about path which you nevertheless hope  will end up being safer. 

Dustin sits quietly in the back seat with a briefcase on his lap.  Brick's way to big to be at all comfortable in the car seats and he is in the back flatbed part of the van next to a few drones.  Stryker is in the passenger seat and Dustin is in the backseat. 

Zach is out ahead of the group at medium range.

Diagram:
Zach++++++{medium}+++++++++Rover

So far you've made it about halfway to your destination and you see Dustin visibly relaxing a little bit.

[OOC: Xzylvador, make a perception test with your vehicle sensors.  I'm assuming you're currently jumped into your Rover.  Also anybody with the Shadowing skill make a shadowing test.  Also i'd be careful Zach about riding with chameleon suit and chameleon coating on, if KE even sees that at all you are BUSTED.  Just letting you know it's a risk that i might make you roll for occasionally.  But the rolls will be rarer than they would have been because your route has less KE on it.]
« Last Edit: <04-30-11/1226:25> by inca1980 »

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #39 on: <04-27-11/0212:23> »
Stryker took the front seat, but he was prepared to join them at the back if needed - and possible. He had a good view and the rear mirrors provided additional coverage. He could even see Zach at the edge of his field of vision once in a while... He found a cozy spot on the seat, and let his Mind wander, leaving his body... It took him less than a second to synchronize his astral speed with the car, and he decided to use its cabin for cover, peeking out once in a while...
His three Watchers were on duty. The Shardlings felt like they're almost chirping - one scouting the road ahead, trying to be as much inconspicuous about it as possible, the second circling around the van high above, scouting for company, or ambushes from other directions, and the third inside the van, literally on Dustin's shoulder, keeping watch.

Stryker felt at ease with the speed of thoughts, and so he decided to follow the plan, this time summoning a Spirit that he did not know yet. He sent out a call, and the response was swift and noticeably interested. The Wise one that showed up as a cloud of visions and images of the past - Stryker felt a pang of confusion when he recognized several of them as his own repressed memories - and pitted his will against the Spellweaver. Stryker didn't flinch, nor did he let the flow of Mana between them ground itself through his body. In the end, it was his will and his conviction that won. The spirit flickered, and agreed to protect the whole team - Zach included, thanks to it's bodyless speed - from outside magical influence, and to use his powers of divining to warn them of any ambushes...

Quote from: Summoning a Force 4 Spirit of Guidance with the Engulf optional power
Magic(4)+Summoning(3)+Edge(3) (10d6.hitsopen(5,6)=3)
Force(4) (4d6.hits(5)=1)
Drain Resistance (10d6.hits(5)=5)
Total of 2 Services and no damage, 2/3 Karma.

After a few seconds, that felt like minutes in the realm of Manastreams Stryker decided to take a good look at their target again, and make sure he's not deceiving them, or being manipulated...
Quote from: Assensing
Intuition(5)+Assensing(2) (7d6.hits(5)=3)

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #40 on: <04-27-11/0324:38> »
After a good night's sleep, Wagner woke up, drank his soycaf, polished his drones, washed his car before spoofing a second access ID and adding appropriate accounts for it to his drones, then getting in his cocoon and starting to find a way into GridGuide.

Wagner had reluctantly turned down the music, Tchaikovsky's Allegretto in E. It was still playing but wasn't deafening. In his head of course the music was much louder.
From inside his cocoon -and inside his mind- he was cursing to himself again for driving around doing jobs with an unfinished vehicle. Klaudia simply wasn't ready for this kind of job.
Luke and Lena luckily could help out on the sensor part, one sitting on the front windshield, the other stuck next to the rear view window. Karina, the "weaponless" doberman was sitting in the trunk next to Brick. It seemed to be a bit uneasy sharing its space with someone, as if the thing had personality.
He was tempted to slip into HotSim, but decided to wait. It gave him an extra edge but it was a lot more taxing.

[OOC: Software ID Spoof: Hacking + Software, buying 2 hits.
Backdoor to GridGuide VR: 1 hour interval extended test. Threshold = target's System + Firewall + 6(Admin).
See how long it takes Wagner. Hacking 4 + Exploit 5 + Optimization 1 + Encephalon 2 + PuSHeD 1 = 13d6 = (13d6.hits(5)=2, 13d6.hits(5)=4, 13d6.hits(5)=3, 13d6.hits(5)=4, 13d6.hits(5)=4, 13d6.hits(5)=6, 13d6.hits(5)=4, 13d6.hits(5)=0, 13d6.hits(5)=9, 13d6.hits(5)=8)
Depending on how long it takes, if he feels he's got time left, he'll try to hide the account. Hacking + Stealth (Firewall, 10 minutes): Unwired p97.
Hiding Account: Hacking 4 + Stealth 5 + PuSHeD 1 + Encephalon 2 (12d6.hits(5)=8, 12d6.hits(5)=0, 12d6.hits(5)=4, 12d6.hits(5)=6, 12d6.hits(5)=4)
-- First attempt should be more than enough to clear it. If not, second is a critical glitch. Will spend edge to avoid it.
-- This is under the assumption that he can do this without having to log into the account (just having access should be enough) and risk being caught. If that's impossible, he won't try to hide it and just hope it remains undetected for a couple of hours.

Wagner Perception Perception 1 + Sensor 2 + Jumped-In 2 (5d6.hits(5)=1)
Lena (Front) and Luka (Rear) Perception: 3 Clearsight + 6 Camera + 3 Enhancement (12d6.hits(5)=3, 12d6.hits(5)=2)
Doberman in trunk: Karina Clearsight 3 + Camera 3 (6d6.hits(5)=1)  ]

Wagners voice sounds through the speaker. "Mister... Dustin, you have smart jammer with you? Maybe you block all channels not ours?"
« Last Edit: <04-27-11/0531:55> by Xzylvador »

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #41 on: <04-27-11/1425:53> »
Ill buy some rations at the before I set my camp. It would be better to be well fed when it comes to dying...
Im following the van from max. 80 meters, but Ill try to keep on 50 meters distance. My chameleon is OFF for now, programed to look like standard bikers armor, Im trying to look less suspicious, not being the part of the transport.

@wagner: Slave my commlink and encrypt the channel. We should swap frequencies randomly, coordinating that with the smart jammer...

I have my Holoprojector ON, drawing ugly Orkish woman dressed in black leather clothing, helmet without face cover, sitting behind my back.
Motorcycle Chameleon is programed to immitate running wild cat painting on the vehicle body.
My scan looking for high signal transmitions.

EW(2)+Scan(5) (7d6.hits(5)=2)

EW(2)+Radio Signal Scanner(6) (8d6.hits(5)=3)

Intuition(4)+Shadowing(3) (7d6.hits(5)=3)

EDIT:
Quote from: OOC
I`ve forgot perception and driving test, so if they are needed:

Intuition(4)+Perception(4)+Vis.E(3) (11d6.hits(5)=4)

Reaction(7)+Bike(6)+Vehicle(2)+AR(1)-Offroad(-1-1) (14d6.hits(5)=5)
« Last Edit: <04-27-11/1518:19> by Sichr »

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #42 on: <04-27-11/1459:39> »
Brick sits hunkered in the back watching out of the back window, scanning everything in the rear view. (Visual perception (7d6.hits(5)=3))
<<"Wagner my smart jammer is on only allowing our team comms.">> (Smart jammer ratingx2 (12d6.hits(5)=6) 8) )
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #43 on: <04-28-11/1205:52> »
@Wagner:
The Grid Guide system took about six hours for you to delicately probe to find a loophole in bypassing it's firewall but you managed to create an Administrator account.  As you logged in with with the account, your stealth program managed to hide your true access ID and the system never logged the entry.  The inside of the quite advanced node looks like a single dark room with giant computer generated 3d model of most of the Seattle road network floating in the air like AR with little cars streaming over the little streets.  Each model car represents an icon which receives datapackets from all the different vehicles.

[OOC: Upon entry the Grid Guide rolled Grid Guide node's Analyze 6 + Firewall 6 = (12d6.hits(5)=2).  Less than your stealth program.]

Now that you're on the road with the team you still have an active subscription to the Grid Guide node. 
[OOC: rolling your matrix perception. Computer 3 + Analyze 6 + Enceph 2 + Pushed 1= (12d6.hits(5)=2).  It was TH 3 test to catch alert in time.]

@Everyone:

So far everything is running smoothly.
« Last Edit: <04-28-11/1432:16> by inca1980 »

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #44 on: <04-28-11/1242:50> »
@Wagner:

All of a sudden you notice that your Analyze program has picked up an alert, but not quite fast enough for you to intercept anything.  The Grid Guide system has just sent out a standard protocol alert to ground tech support and Knight Errant in response to several very strange reports of cars disconnecting from the Grid Guide system right in the vicinity of Wagner's van.  The source of the problem is still unknown.  KE immediately issues back a response that a patrol drone has been dispatched to investigate.  ETA 30 seconds.
« Last Edit: <04-28-11/1245:33> by inca1980 »