Heavy Metal (OOC)

• 66 Replies

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #15 on: <04-05-11/0953:07> »
That sucks :(
Ill never get to play that char..cursed one
Ill think about that face...it should be interesting, well it is not exactly my cup of tea. But, then again, everythings for the first time one day.
I ll post character ASAP
But I need to think about it for a bit. What location are we going to play?

Presidentevil133

• Chummer
« Reply #16 on: <04-05-11/1005:47> »
Starting out? Seattle. After that though there's gonna be travel to all sorts of exotic hellholes. So you nay want to have a few international contacts for when that happens.

mdp

• Chummer
« Reply #17 on: <04-05-11/1045:16> »
I wanted to post my character, but just noticed I left my USB drive at work, so I'll post the first draft tommorow

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
  • Prepare for the worst - surprises will be pleasant
« Reply #18 on: <04-05-11/1236:00> »
It's been a while since I've GMed a Shadowrun game. Too long, in fact. Normally i wouldn't have the time but I've got a good concept for a campaign. Don't wanna spoil too much, but if you feel like jetting around the world and getting caught up in a shadow war between Ares, Saeder-Krupp, and Renraku this may just be the game for you.

Well the first mission takes place near Seattle (of course) so you'll be within driving distance. Maybe the second too.

Piece of advice if you haven't GMed a PbP. A short adventure that would normally take 6 hours on table game will take about 2 months if you're lucky to have players able to post daily or several times a days (like I do,  :D,  thumbs up guys, you're doing wonderful jobs in the Missions games). Planning a more complex run, that would require two six hours meetings at the table, with a little less involved players, will take half a year real time. I don't know how many of us will still be around in half a year or how many running games will survive the summer break.
Sorry for a small delay ;)

Denver Missions
concluded 01 02 03 04 05 10 09 11
running 13
runners: Caretaker Jerry

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <04-05-11/1705:34> »
OK Ive got numbers, Ill think about some shaping and background story and post him tomorrow. It may be good fun...to play face.

deathwishjoe

• Chummer
« Reply #20 on: <04-05-11/1712:31> »
I wouldnt mind if we had another rigger in the party if the GM doesn't care.  This sounds like the type of run that would attract multiple riggers anyways. 

For positive qualities I have the following:
Born rich for 10 BP I can pay the going rate of 1 BP per 5000 nuyen for character creation but increase the total ammount allowed from 250,000 to 300,000 nuyen.  This is needed as riggers tend to be strapped for cash quite a bit.

restricted gear for 5 bp this allows a character to acquire an item of up to availability 20 at character generation.  This allows me to have a comlink with a response of 6 at character gen. 

for negative qualities I am taking the following.

In debt.  I'm trying this quality out mainly to assess the balance issues for myself.  I posted a topic about this in the rules and such section earlier and it seemed the consensus was it wasn't terribly unbalancing.  there are multiple levels of this negative quality.  It essentially  grants you 5000 nuyen per level to buy more equipment at chargen up to an extra 30,000 nuyen (I've gone with 25,000).  After which you owe 1.5X the amount gained as a debt and have to pay 10% of that ammount each month or "bad people" decide to make an example of you.  By RAW the negative quality has to be bought off with both 2x Karma and money to pay back the debt. 

And finally Paranoia.  For 10 BP I take a minus 3 dice pool modifer when doing anything that my paranoia may distract me from. Such as hanging around someone I seem to have issues trusting.  I also need to find a new place to live every month.   

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #21 on: <04-05-11/1717:38> »
paranoid ... droid :)

Presidentevil133

• Chummer
« Reply #22 on: <04-05-11/1908:34> »
I wouldnt mind if we had another rigger in the party if the GM doesn't care.  This sounds like the type of run that would attract multiple riggers anyways. 

For positive qualities I have the following:
Born rich for 10 BP I can pay the going rate of 1 BP per 5000 nuyen for character creation but increase the total ammount allowed from 250,000 to 300,000 nuyen.  This is needed as riggers tend to be strapped for cash quite a bit.

restricted gear for 5 bp this allows a character to acquire an item of up to availability 20 at character generation.  This allows me to have a comlink with a response of 6 at character gen. 

for negative qualities I am taking the following.

In debt.  I'm trying this quality out mainly to assess the balance issues for myself.  I posted a topic about this in the rules and such section earlier and it seemed the consensus was it wasn't terribly unbalancing.  there are multiple levels of this negative quality.  It essentially  grants you 5000 nuyen per level to buy more equipment at chargen up to an extra 30,000 nuyen (I've gone with 25,000).  After which you owe 1.5X the amount gained as a debt and have to pay 10% of that ammount each month or "bad people" decide to make an example of you.  By RAW the negative quality has to be bought off with both 2x Karma and money to pay back the debt. 

And finally Paranoia.  For 10 BP I take a minus 3 dice pool modifer when doing anything that my paranoia may distract me from. Such as hanging around someone I seem to have issues trusting.  I also need to find a new place to live every month.   

Yeah, none of these seem too unbalanced. You can go ahead and use them.

It's been a while since I've GMed a Shadowrun game. Too long, in fact. Normally i wouldn't have the time but I've got a good concept for a campaign. Don't wanna spoil too much, but if you feel like jetting around the world and getting caught up in a shadow war between Ares, Saeder-Krupp, and Renraku this may just be the game for you.

Well the first mission takes place near Seattle (of course) so you'll be within driving distance. Maybe the second too.

Piece of advice if you haven't GMed a PbP. A short adventure that would normally take 6 hours on table game will take about 2 months if you're lucky to have players able to post daily or several times a days (like I do,  :D,  thumbs up guys, you're doing wonderful jobs in the Missions games). Planning a more complex run, that would require two six hours meetings at the table, with a little less involved players, will take half a year real time. I don't know how many of us will still be around in half a year or how many running games will survive the summer break.

Well I'm planning to make each one about equivalent to a 6 hour session... With maybe 5 to 6 sessions that comes out to about a year, which is close to my original timeframe (predicted totally by guesswork.)

Good point about summer, though. I didn't consider that. What exactly do you do, in the event of a player just vanishing or jumping ship?

deathwishjoe

• Chummer
« Reply #23 on: <04-05-11/2122:50> »
I didn't consider that. What exactly do you do, in the event of a player just vanishing or jumping ship?

Well on dumpshock theres this game going where you have to post twice in any 7 day period.  if the timeframe for your second to last post is more then 7 days your character dies.  Its called post or die.  you should check it out.  the rate at which they've lost characters is rather amusing.  but to be honest the game slows down further or dies out untill the situation is corrected. 

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #24 on: <04-05-11/2237:31> »
Cool! Doesn't exactly tell me much about the character though. Okay, he wanders the world stealing things and getting in fights. That could describe most every runner. I'd like to hear a little more about his personality, his background, that sort of thing.

Rest of the class, pay attention. I want you all to expound a little more on your characters once you've finished the charsheets.

Just making sure you were cool with the basic things before I went ahead and did the 20 questions.

Post or Die is fun, but it does require a lot of a GM as well.  You've got to find a way to kill off missing characters and introduce new ones.  Also, there's a bit more pressure on the GM to offer opportunities for all the players to engage themselves in the game, otherwise, you just end up with people loitering and posting a month or two of thumb twiddles to keep from croaking.

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
  • The idea is to die young as late as possible -A.M.
« Reply #25 on: <04-06-11/0145:49> »
If there is some part I can play in this adventure, I would like take part.
As am quite new and have made just a few characters[and played pre-made up until now]
I can show what I have, and as i understand there are 2 riggers already I can show my Double pistol wielding mage.

p.s. can make something else, face if needed, just say what you need.

Kouryuu Shigeru (The New boy in the City)
Street name: none at the moment
Metatype : Elf (30BP)
Magician

Attributes (245BP =attributes + magic)
Body: 4 Agility: 4 Reaction: 4 Strength: 2 Charisma: 3 Intuition: 4 Logic: 3 Willpower: 5 Edge: 1 Magic: 6 Initiative: 8 Essence: 6

Active Skills (100BP)  Knowledge Skills(4BP Free)
Conjuration group :3English : N
Banishing : 3Latvian: N
Binding : 3 German : 2
Summoning : 3 Literature (European) : 3
Athletics group :2History : 2
Climbing : 2Architecture : 2
Gymnastics : 2 Fine Cuisine : 2
Running : 2 Magic Background : 2
Swimming : 2Poison antidotes : 3
Spellcasting : 6Smuggling routes : 1
Pistols (Semi-Automatics) : 3
Dodge : 3
Positive Qualities(35)Negative Qualities(-35)
AmbidextrousSensitive System
Bilingual Flashbacks 2
Martial Arts 2 Wanted

Weapons (and other equipment - 11BP)

2x Colt Manhunter
2x Concealable Holster
8x Spare Clips
12x Gel Rounds (10 shots)
35x Regular Ammo (10 shots)

Armours:
Urban Explorer Jumpsuit
Helmet (for Urban Explorer Jumpsuit)

Commlink:
Transys Avalon

Equipments:
Spellcasting Focus (Rating 3)
Certified Credstick (Standard)
Sleeping Bag
15x Rations
Backpack
Tent
Fake Sin (Rating 2)
Survival Kit

Spells: (12BP)
Heal
Translate
Manabolt
Increase Reflexes

* - Material art - Krav Maga

Advantages:
Take Aim (see p. 137, SR4) becomes a Free Action;
Ready Weapon (see p. 137, SR4) becomes a Free Action

Manoeuvre : (2BP)
Multi-Strike

Backstory:

Kouryuu was born in a mixed family his father a human from Seattle his mother Native Latvian Elf. As a child he led a good life, his father a commander in a private army, his mother an archaeologist. In his early life he began to appreciate the life he had the beautiful city of Riga with its stunning architecture and history. May be it was his mother, or just the first signs of awakening magic, but early on Kouryuu was deeply interested in the European history and literature.

Not all in his life was as rosy as it could be. About the age of 5 his father started to show ambitions to secure Kouryuu a place in the Private army of Trans-Latvia, the local megacorp he worked at. Starting from a young age Kouryuu had to do martial art, even though it really wasn’t that fun for him. Few years later His old man started to secretly train Kouryuu in the ways of firearms, heavy pistol to be correct, as he could only use his personal Ares Predator. To keep all that shooting training secret from his wife Kouryuu’s they often went camping. To be true Kouryuu really enjoyed the camping part, not so much the shooting part, even less when he had to hunt animals, at with he was terrible.

Kouryuu showed the first signs of magic in his early teen years, with came as a surprise to many in their family, up until then only one other family member had ever been able to use the arcane arts, his aunt Sakura, who owned a Magic shop in Seattle, where he spent few summers honing his skills until

In the summer after high school Kouryuu’s life changed sharply for the worse. A local mobster decided to take his father hostage and demand ransom from the family, but even after they paid. They still killed him in front of Kouryuu, he snapped and his magic did the talking for a few minutes. Not long afterwards his father’s co-workers warned him about a bounty on his head. Who did he kill? Maybe the brother or lover of the mobs elite member, may be even one of the elite, but one fact was sure, from know on he had to be extreme careful outside the corp. housing complex.

He Was shock to find his mother killed in their own home, it was not save even here, so he took his camping equipment and want into the woods, where he had the advantage. He would live from the forest as much as he could, would make his way as far as possible n foot, and make no more contact with others as necessary to stay alive, so frightened he was.

For one year he made Berlin his home, but even there the bounty hunters sniffed him out, so he sold all his possessions and taking only the most necessary boarded a smuggler ship to the UCAS. For a few years he travelled here and there, never staying too long in one place taking on small jobs, even some runs to stay afloat, but never anything big, never sticking his head up too much.

After ten long years of running hiding and constantly looking over his shoulder Kouryuu decides to do it no more. From now on he will change the way he faces this threat, head on, not reckless, but not turning his back and running either. So he steps his foot in Seattle, the city witch holds his only relative on this planet who gives a frag about him, of course he will never let this old lady get harmed, he will never ever live in one place for long an most likely keep camping outside the city limits moving constantly. What will the shadows hold in store for him here? Time will tell.
« Last Edit: <04-06-11/0339:30> by kouryuu.LV »
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best and expect nothing!
Matrix;speaking;thinking;ExternalSourcesLink
RainDragonBar

mdp

• Chummer
« Reply #26 on: <04-06-11/0359:03> »
Just tryed to post my characters concept and history, was nearly finished when connection broke down and have to start over again, I'll try to get it here later (my connection at home is a lot better than at work)

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #27 on: <04-06-11/0405:15> »
20 questions (also from Runner's Companion - it's a decent book)

We are shaped by our heritage. Facial features, skin tone, height,
build, metatype, even aptitudes are influenced by the genes
passed from parent to child. Attitude, too, is taught by parents,
informed by their own lives and their cultural heritage. Where
does your character come from, what is her lineage, who were
her parents, and what did she inherit from them?

Fang Yuan was born Li Po in Manchuria, on the southern side of the river from Shenyang.  He was born in one of the last “litter years” before Ork birth rates declined and, subsequently, had five siblings of the same age.  It's not surprising then that he grew up in a ghetto downstream from a lot of manufacturing plants.  It was this polluted environment which gave him the immune disease known as Implant Rejection Syndrome.  It was also this environment which taught him to steal to survive.

Parents can be proud of their children or regret ever bringing
them into the world. Some are loving, and some are indifferent.
All of them are only metahuman and have their own opinions
of their children. Assuming they could speak, what would each
of your character’s parents say about her?

They would be more than a little surprised that he has made anything of himself.  They would probably also have some issues with his beliefs, as they were simple people who believed in the local customs of ancestor worship, rather than the philosophy of transcendence taught by Buddhism.  The basic conflict would be between duty to the family and duty to the self.  His adoptive family of monks knew him well enough to not be surprised by anything.

Many people remember certain historical events for the rest of
their lives. For those alive in the first decade of the 21st cen-
tury, it could be the assassination of John F. Kennedy, or the
Tiananmen Square protests, or the fall of the Berlin Wall, or
the attacks of 11 September 2001. People remember where they
were, and what they were doing when they first heard of these
events. Shadowrun history has significant events as well, such as
the assassination of President Dunkelzahn, the Crash 2.0, and
the emergence of technomancers and artificial intelligences.
Pick a few events from recent Shadowrun history and ask where
the character was at the time, what does he remember about the
event, and what was he doing at the time?

Growing up in Manchuria, Li was sheltered from the majority of these events.  It wasn't until after the second Crash that he left the monastery to travel the world.  Things like the closing of Yomi Island and the eruption of Mt. Fuji never really pinged his radar.  All of these things belonged to the illusory material world.

Very few people choose to become shadowrunners. More
likely, they are thrown into the life by a chaotic and uncar-
ing world. Even if he made a conscious decision to enter the
shadows, his decision is influenced by the world around him.
How did your character get into shadowrunning, and why did
he take that path?

Before he was a monk, Li was a thief.  He had to be, or he would have starved.  So, once he was ready to leave the monastery, to live among the people and teach, he naturally gravitated back toward the world of crime.  He had barely made it into Shenyang before a young child tried to pick his pocket.  Noticing this, he followed the boy to where he eventually sat and inspected his take.  Thinking that he has stolen coins or something of value, the boy was disappointed to find only a bag full of tokens with symbols on them.  Li, by this time, known as Fang Yuan emerged from the shadows, offering the child some of his food and to explain to him the I-Ching tokens he had taken.  It was through these early acquaintances that he first got into smuggling, and it was from smuggling that he learned more of how the mega-corporate entities kept the people of the world subjugated and lost to their own spiritual truth.  It was far worse than Manchuria's spirit population keeping its people tied to the past and unable to achieve their personal dharma.  So, Fang Yuan began to directly involve himself in criminal enterprise against the fascist corporate states so that the people who chose to live outside them would not suffer undue hardships.

People have control over their own living arrangements. From
the child young enough to use crayons and tape all the way up
to the elderly shut-in who plasters her walls with family photos
and cat pictures, everyone makes their living spaces more per-
sonally pleasing. What is your character’s living space like, and
what has he added or changed to make it his own?

Fang Yuan never lives anywhere long enough to make it his own.  The whole world is his home and he is constantly relaxed as one is at home.

Everyone has beliefs, and many have beliefs strong enough to
be convictions. Some are religious, some are political, some are
social, and some are just about why people are here. What does
your character believe in, what are her convictions (if any), and
why does she hold them?

Fang Yuan is a Chan Buddhist, which is the Chinese sect of Buddhism which blended its belief with the Tao.  In Japan this is called Zen Buddhism.  The Chan Buddhist follows a course of non-action.  That is not to say that they do not act, it is rather a philosophy of spontaneous action.  Part of its core beliefs is that natural, spontaneous action, without effort or forethought is free of karma.  There is no retribution or debt for those actions which one takes by instinct.  As such, Fang Yuan moves through the world in sync with his unconscious and with the unpretentiousness of a child.  The only actions which he thinks about and consciously applies are the actions of his dharma.  He teaches, he shares, and he generally keeps to the right intention of ethical conduct.  However, like a child, his pure actions, outside of his dharma, are not always nice.  When he is cruel or enraged, he is invested with the pure cruelty and rage of a terrible child.

Everyone has aspects of their personality that grate on someone.
Even the best of friends annoy one another from time to time.
The flaws in a person’s character are as important as the qualities.
What do you dislike most about your character’s personality?

His capriciousness often leads him into trouble.  He is so uninterested in creating lasting relationships that it is hard not to find him suspicious.  That and the fact that he is decked out in a good deal of high-end gear which, in his dismissive way, he explains with "I see things and I pick them up."  His odd perspective on things tends to frustrate as well, since he is not a very good speaker.

The Sixth World is considered by many to be spinning out of
control. If anyone could exert control over it, it would be the
“Big Ten” triple-A megacorps. These transnationals exert a lot of
influence on everyday life in the 2070s. Which of the Big Ten
does your character hold in the highest (or least low) regard,
which does he like the least, and why?

The only mega-corp which he had any personal experience with from a citizen's standpoint is Evo, since it is the only one operating in Manchuria.  Though, it was Yamatetsu at the time.  He knows very little about their or any others secret practices.  He dislikes all of them evenly for their treatment of their workers and total disregard for the needs of the human soul.

People make acquaintances and friends; we’re hardwired for it.
Humans are social animals. This is especially true in the shad-
ows, where often it is not the power you have, but the power you
can borrow, and not who you, are but who you know. There’s a
story behind each and every one of these relationships. What is
the story with your character and her contacts?

Fang Yuan doesn't fit anywhere.  He is not a part of any group or any cause though he has worked with and for many.  He does not hold on to people.  They pass through his life as he passes through theirs.  He might work on a smuggler's ship for a year and then leave in the middle of the night without thought of how to contact them.  This sort of unreliability often enough leaves a sour taste in former acquaintances' mouths.  That and paranoia.  When one of your crew just disappears, you generally think that something happened to them or something is about to happen to you.  the truth is that Fang Yuan will sometimes just move on without any other consideration.

It’s Sunday morning, and your character has no commitments
until tomorrow afternoon. What does she do for the day?

Follow a cat through the streets.

Your character has a specific skill set, a list of Active and
Knowledge skills that define what she knows and her areas of
expertise. How did she come to learn those skills, and how did
she develop them to those levels?

Years of poverty while growing up, years of training at the monastery and years of travel and tribulation walking the Earth.

Everyone has their limits. People can be dark, but most people’s
instinct is to draw the line at certain actions and thoughts, and
they keep to their own moral convictions. Is there a moral limit
that your character enforces on the jobs she takes, and in what
shadow work would she refuse to engage?

Fang Yuan would not refuse to take any task, though he may not complete the task as asked.  Rather than refusing, he would simply fail.  To be useless to evil is to be useful to oneself.

If you have an Awakened or technomancer character, consider
your character’s tradition and streams. Even within the major
established magical traditions and the recently emerged techno-
mantic streams, there is room for personalization. Ask yourself
what drew her to that particular paradigm, how does it effect
the way she views the world and her magic, how does it translate
into choice of mentor spirit or paragon, and how does it affect
the appearance of the spirits or sprites you conjure or compile?

Fang Yuan was a Buddhist before he was born.  He was always a Buddhist.  Before he walked 100 miles up the river to Changchun and found the monastery at age 6, he was a Buddhist.  Before, at 8, he awoke to the fact that he could see the spirits in their world, he was a Buddhist.  Before he heard the teachings, he knew them.  Before he began his training, he felt it.  In his rags, in his robes, in his sleep, he is always himself and in peace.  That is what and who he is.  It is more than costume or dogma.

While acceptance and bias vary from place to place, augmenta-
tions—be they bio-, cyber-, gene-, or nanoware—are increasingly
common and available in the Sixth World. However, personal
technological enhancement is rarely cheap, and many implants
that runners possess are restricted. How did your character
come to have the enhancements she has, how were they paid
for, and what motivated the choices she made (if she did make
the choices)?

Fang Yuan has three possessions which would fit this role.  First is a simple silk ribbon wound about his wrist.  It was once used to bind together an ancient copy of the Diamond Sutra, the oldest known printed work.  It was enchanted for him and given as a parting gift from the monks of his order as he left to go into the world to teach the path.  The significance is that the Diamond Sutra is a teaching which posits that the greatest of all possible works is to truly open another mind to the illusory nature of the world as it is from this understanding that suffering is defeated.  The second and third are the same.  They are both a triple set of beads embedded under the skin of his forearms.  The ribbon is his Power Focus.  The glass beads are his Sustaining Foci.

Life as a shadowrunner is by definition outside the bounds of
“normal” life. Shadowrunners do not truly fit into the lives of
ordinary people, whether they live in slums or mansions. What
does your character think of ordinary life, mainstream culture,
and those who abide by it?

They are prisoners.  Damien Knight is just as much as prisoner as a homeless man trod upon for sport.

Everyone has nightmares. Sometimes, we forget the dream
completely on waking. Sometimes, the nightmare haunts us or
even recurs. If your character had a lingering nightmare or a
deep-rooted fear, what would it be, and why does he find it so
terrifying?

He sometimes has a nightmare where he is moving down a corridor to a room.  He enters the room and finds two things inside, a bell jar and an Old Man.  The Old Man is first a stranger, then his teacher, then his father, then himself.  He is all these people and more. 
He asks, "What do you think you are doing here?" 
Fang Yuan responds, "Think?" 
"Is this where the path has led you?" the old man asks.  "Back here?"
Fang Yuan responds, "I was never here."
"So then you are still with the Universal?"
Fang Yuan responds, "Perhaps."
"But you are also here.  Why?"
Fang Yuan responds, "Am I?"
"You are in a dialogue.  Maya is a dialogue.  You are in Maya."
Fang Yuan responds, "That is both false and true."
"Good." the Old Man nods.  "Why are you here in this false and true world?"
Fang Yuan responds, "To find my way back.  We always come here to find our way back."
"Is that all?" the old man asks raising an eyebrow.  "So enamored with Nirvana?  Then why are you here?  You left the Universal Mind.  Do you even know why?  You knew far more then, when you chose to leave, and you did choose to leave.  Why?"
By this point the old mans aspect had changed.  No longer just strange, it was growing terrible in that sort of way only dreams can express.  He flicked the bell jar three times, and three flies appeared inside as if transported by his fingernail through the glass.
Fang Yuan responds, "I never left."
"That is both true and false," the Old Man sneers. 
The buzzing in the jar gets louder as the flies inside multiply.  Meanwhile the Old Man's presence has become revolting and is making Fang Yuan feel ill just by his presence.
"You never left, and yet you're here to find your way back?"  The Old Man laughed derisively.  "Well, here it is.  Your way back to the Universal Mind.  Just lift the jar."
Fang Yuan moves forward impassively and lifts the jar.  Black flies pour out like a waterfall covering everything with darkness.

People tend to attach sentimental value to items in their pos-
session or people they are close to. They make an effort to
keep these close by and safe. What is your character’s “sacred
object” or “close one,” and how did they come to be so impor-
tant to him?

Even his most treasured possession is one he would give up willingly.

One of metahumanity’s greatest assets is its ability to look to-
ward the future and imagine a better life. Even small children
have dreams about what they want to be when they grow up.
What did your character want to become when he was a child,
and what are his goals now?

When he was a child he wanted to fill his stomach.  Now he wants to fill his soul.

A person’s appearance can say volumes about him. From fashion
sense, to the colors he prefers, to the way he walks and speaks.
Sometimes, his personality determines his appearance, and,
sometimes, the appearance he chooses to present the world ef-
fects his personality. What does your character look like, and
what inspired his choices?

Fan Yuan is 28, which is pretty old for an Ork.  He keeps his head shaved and wears a digital monocle over his left eye.  He doesn't ascribe to costume though.  He wears what's around.  A gray ballcap.  Brown hoodie.  Green cargo pants.  Sneakers. 

Everyone has a name, but a runner’s street name is a represen-
tation of his connection to the shadows. Sometimes runners
choose their own moniker, but more often it is given to them as
a nickname or earned through some (mis)adventure. How did
your character come to be known by his street name?

He was ordained as Fang Yuan when he officially joined the monastic order.  His name means square circle.  He lives up to it daily.
« Last Edit: <04-06-11/0521:43> by Kontact »

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #28 on: <04-06-11/0440:19> »
I can show my Double pistol wielding mage.

It might be worth it to scrap a level of Krav Maga for the Enhance Aim spell from street magic.

It's something you'd have to drop into a sustaining focus, but it would remove range penalties for both of your pistols on all targets at the same time without using any actions.  When you're working with pistols, range is a big issue.

That'd cost more than just the 5bp Krav would give you back though.

Another common option is to take the Hawkeye quality from Runner's Companion which reduces range penalties by one step and gives you +1 to unaided perception.   If you combine Hawkeye with an Improved rangefinder for your smartgun system, you can shoot out to 40 meters with no penalty and no need for take aim actions.
« Last Edit: <04-07-11/0706:24> by Kontact »

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
  • The idea is to die young as late as possible -A.M.
« Reply #29 on: <04-06-11/0504:56> »
I can show my Double pistol wielding mage.

It might be worth it to scrap a level of Krav Maga for the Enhance Aim spell from street magic.

It's something you'd have to drop into a sustaining focus, but it would remove range penalties for both of your pistols at the same time without using any actions.  When you're working with pistols, range is a big issue.

That'd cost more than just the 5bp Krav would give you back though.

Another common option is to take the Hawkeye quality from Runner's Companion which reduces range penalties by one step and gives you +1 to unaided perception.   If you combine Hawkeye with an Improved rangefinder for your smartgun system, you can shoot out to 40 meters with no penalty and no need for take aim actions.

but a pity I cant use smart gun system while dualwielding [SR4 core page 141]
Could imagine going the Hawkeye way, but first would like to know whether I can join in this game and what is expected of my character. Who knows maybe in the end I will scrap the Mage part and go face.  8)
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best and expect nothing!
Matrix;speaking;thinking;ExternalSourcesLink
RainDragonBar