NEWS

IC Finders Fee

• 239 Replies

Blue

• Newb
« Reply #15 on: <03-07-11/0032:47> »
"Just one question." The big ork rumbles. "Who's watchin' this guy's back? Cause they're going to be our problem when they find out that their guy has been made."
No trees were harmed during the creation of this message. However, several billion electrons were severely inconvenienced.

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #16 on: <03-07-11/0714:12> »
<<@Kage: I wouldn't bother breaking into a Johnson's toss link.  Searching the nets for his face is another matter, though.  A little leverage might be what we need to make this go down smoothly.>>

"Hmmph.  We're not so sloppy or obvious as that.  We find a man and make a phone call.  What's to revenge?"
Dizzy stands up.
"Expect news soon."

Boer_Kommando

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <03-07-11/1112:45> »
Kickz knew enough about the 'biz' and his own experiences to know he should just sit back and seem uninterested in it, or was his mentor spirit that made his demeanor one in which he presented himself but remained aloof. Kickz wondered this as he smoothed out the creases and wrinkles in his jumpsuit, when the notion of a cat sitting cleaning itself popped in his mind. Did She encompass every aspect of his life now?

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <03-07-11/1851:56> »
"He is magically active, but I don't know the extent of his abilities. I'm not sure who is watching his back, or even if anyone is."

He rises when Dizzy does, and says, "I look forward to hearing from you soon." and heads for the door.
"Walking through walls isn't tough..... if you know where the doors are."
"It's not being seen that is the trick."

Walks Through Walls

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #19 on: <03-07-11/2220:50> »
Dizzy stands and watches the man leave, happy enough that he is gone and she is now 8000¥ richer.  The Johnson was quite suspicious, but his presence wouldn't help to alleviate the mystery.  It would be better instead to keep the momentum up, especially with this crew of adrenaline junkies.  Still, the Johnson paid for their current privacy, she might as well use it for a bit of planning.
"Smiley, you know this Nightshade's Paradise place?  Kage, maybe you can find its public access?  I don't wanna go through contacts to find this guy, not if we can help it.  This job has the stink of law on it, and I don't want that stink on me."

Loki

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <03-07-11/2354:32> »
"I'll encrypt us a channel so we can keep stay in touch safely," a chat invite pops up on everyone's comm and with it a passcode, "before I get to the nitty gritty data sifting, I'm gonna drop a copy of my person in Johhny's ride, see where he goes." Opening an ARO to his bike (it's slaved to the SBBB), he remotely turns the vehicles front camera to watch the door, waiting for the Johnson to leave and enter a vehicle, which he will then analyze. 

((OOC: Encryption is rating 5. Analyze roll if/when applicable http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2924504/ 2 hits: Firewall and active programs please))
« Last Edit: <03-08-11/0009:20> by Loki »

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #21 on: <03-08-11/0008:00> »
"Hey beautiful, if he is the law from the ATL then he is flying without a net out this way, maybe I can shake a few..." Smiley is momentarily distracted by a glimpse of the aforementioned brunette in the main room, "...yeah I could definitely shake that loose.  Lemme call my boy, Mikey."

While placing the call he continues, with one eye still on the crack in the door, "As for the club...

logic + clubs knowledge
7d6.hits(5) → [2,3,3,5,6,2,2] = (2)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2924497/

"...I've heard of it, lemme get with mikey on tall dark and southern and I will fill you in." 8)

Boer_Kommando

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <03-08-11/1249:31> »
Sir Kickz stands and stretches. "Any place I can perch myself to get an eye on our target?" The question was posed to the group, but with the intended ears of Smiley and Kage. "Also if we got any 'bugs' I can do a B&E and place them."

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #23 on: <03-08-11/2136:00> »
Mr. Johnson walks to the parking lot and gets into a black sedan. As it starts to pull out of the parking lot you watch the plates morph to another. Your analyze program tells you it has a firewall of 6 and you weren't able to find it running any programs.

Smiley remembers hearing of the club before. It is in a lower class section of Auburn, and is fringe goblin rock type of format.

OOC please don't post anymore in the yellow text as I find it very hard to read on my computer. I like the idea of different colors for internal thoughts and AR etc., but please no more yellow

Walks Through Walls

Loki

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <03-08-11/2217:49> »
Kage finds the vehicles node and starts to hack himself a user passcode.
  Hacking roll http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2925757/ 5 hits
  Roll 2 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2925762/ 6 hits, hacked
 (I don't think the node gets to roll to detect the hack with no analyze)

"Allrighty then, inside the ride, which is a nice sedan with morphing plates by the way. Lets see who else is here."
I'll then run an analyze to see if anyone/thing is in the node with me. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2925767/ 0 hits,
   try again http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2925774/ 3 hits

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #25 on: <03-08-11/2228:31> »
As you start to hack into the car an AR overlay comes up on your commlink. It says, "I don't like people trying to hack into my things. You can stop now or I will boot you out, and come get my money back." the firewall jumps and an alert starts. You hack the rest of the way in and you are sitting in a stagecoach on a wooded road. Then the scene wavers and you are watching the digital world go by again and the stagecoach is gone. 

(OOC you realize the car dumped the connection and then changed to a new ID. You would have to search for it again.)

So the effect is still that you were detected trying to hack in and there was a response by the Vehicle's owner though it is changed a bit to better fit the rules.
« Last Edit: <03-09-11/1940:51> by Walks Through Walls »

Walks Through Walls

Loki

• Omae
« Reply #26 on: <03-08-11/2315:18> »
"Well good to see I'm not workin for a halfwit, nothin personal just basic paranoia. ;)" He replies, stops hacking the car, and With a smile that's half grimace of determination, turns his comms signal to max and starts looking for any nearby airborne drones. Muttering to himself "So he's overriding gridlink, yeah that's a given, soooo grab a ride to tail. Who's my lucky winner?" 

"Ratman, you still got them agents? Mine got ett by a fuckin protosapient last week.  I'll get um loaded up and lookin for our rabbit and his Guenevere while I play Where's Waldo with Johhny? He has some shiney gear, caught me sneakin in the car node so I'm tailin the hard way. I think we'll need to hit Electo Shak Kicker, unless Smiley's taken to documenting his "hunts"." :)

« Last Edit: <03-09-11/2027:10> by Loki »

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #27 on: <03-09-11/1942:27> »
You scan the skies and find a couple of traffic drones that you can use to watch. To take control of one would probably cause an alert, but you should be able to use it to watch where Mr. Johnson goes.

Smiley gets a hold of Mike. "Hoi chummer. I don't know of any fed or CAS activity in looking for someone, but I will make sure it isn't just something I haven't gotten wind of."
« Last Edit: <03-09-11/1957:15> by Walks Through Walls »

Walks Through Walls

Loki

• Omae
« Reply #28 on: <03-09-11/2055:09> »
"Time to get serious." Kage takes a seat again and leans back, slipping into hot VR. His persona slips thru the dark between matrix nodes twords the drone node in the direction the Johnson drove. Approaching the node, his shadowy form stretches out, expanding to engulf and seep into the node.

((hacking an account, I'll see what a user account  lets me do before I push my good luck  http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2927118/ 6 hits))

Running a quick analyze to be sure he's alone, (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2927125/ 3 hits) Kage then pulls up the camera feed.

Boer_Kommando

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <03-09-11/2056:57> »
"Anyone else here think maybe we should begin the job we're getting paid for?" Sir Kickz asks outloud.