NEWS

The Rocky Dino Danger Hour (Greatest Show On Earth Recruiting, Again)

• 478 Replies

Rockopolis

• Omae
  • Severe Shadowrun Addiction
« on: <02-22-11/2306:13> »
Right, some of you may have noticed this in "Greatest Game That Never Was", but I'm rather curious to see how a Jurassic Park game runs, and now I'm sounding out interest.
Quote from: Tagline
Something's gone horribly wrong at Dino World®.  It may or may not have something to do with your presence, or that of the weapons R&D lab underneath the island theme park.
Get your target.  Get out.  Get paid.
I'm sure we're all really busy, so I figure requesting at least one post a week won't go amiss.
« Last Edit: <05-29-11/1502:00> by Rockopolis »
Shadowrunners are reminded that the Fashion Police are a real organization and will they will be deployed at the first sign of defiance.
Mossy the Mentat Looking for a game.

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <02-22-11/2310:54> »
I'm tempted to try a rigger, not sure if I have the time to -make- the character

aimlessfreak

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <02-22-11/2311:40> »
Well I've never done any play by post but I love this idea lol
But I didn't know he was a DRAGON!

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #3 on: <02-24-11/0754:58> »
If the offer's still open, I'm in for some extreme masoc... I mean... fun!

If you're willing to accept a newbie. (To PbP, not SR)

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #4 on: <02-24-11/1340:44> »
Like that baby Björk said...I`m a (mage) hunter...
Character maybe this weekend.
Would you like it PM or should I post it here?
About the characters...standard 400BP/Avail 12 or are there some extra options? Sourcebooks available?
Say...
Suggestions...Do you like Monty Python? Life of Brian, Quest for the Holy Grail and the others...
If they had made a Lost World movie...what had it been like?

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <02-24-11/1604:26> »
Also, for char info... what type of guys are getting hired?
I mean, if it's mostly jungle monster hunting and other running around on an island where every metahuman has been killed, a Face for example would feel (and actually be) quite useless.

marcgarc

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <02-24-11/1746:52> »
Very interested in taking part in this one! I hope getting time to build my character this next weekend!

Rockopolis

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <02-24-11/1951:34> »
It's an island, with a theme park, safari, and the obligatory weapons development facility.  Because that's such a great combination.

Primary goals are going to be Data Theft (research) and VIP Extraction (scientists).
Secondaries will include stealing samples (DNA, live/dead animals if you're crazy enough, and/or equipment), hostage rescue (tourists), and surveillance footage.
There will be dinos running around no matter what, there just have to be, but a darker objective might include sabotage ("It's your fault!").

Basically, your job is going to be to steal project data, and make the host company (almost certainly Aztechnology, just because) look bad.  Plus, I'm sure the tourists would be appropriately (and lucratively) grateful.
It probably wouldn't fit, but I like the idea of movie rights or a reality tv show.  "Based on a true story!"
As much as I like Monty Python...well, save it for the trid flick.

I (aka, the Johnson) would estimate that most roles are going to be important, but Hacker and Magic are going to be key, while everyone else is going to be (extremely important) Support (getting to the target).  I'm sure your ingenuity will surprise me.
I'd like to come up with something for Faces to do, and something specifically magical; otherwise, it implies a certain inflexibility on my part.  I can adjust goals depending on our group.
Conning site personnel.  Schmoozing the VIP and/or guests (might be a replacement for the Hacker).  Disabling magical security.  Assensing the labs/dinos.  (I think there might be some manatech, like the magic camera, in a pinch).

I figure I should set a limit of, say, half a dozen players.  Post characters here, please.
Standard character creation, 400BP.  I have the Core, Arsenal, Augmentation, Players Companion, Street Magic, Unwired.
Shadowrunners are reminded that the Fashion Police are a real organization and will they will be deployed at the first sign of defiance.

Presidentevil133

• Chummer
« Reply #8 on: <02-24-11/2156:35> »
I don't suppose you'd have room for a technomancer with a mile-wide sarcastic streak? I have a character sheet almost completely made up, with just a few tweaks necessary to gear and contacts.

Rockopolis

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <02-24-11/2215:45> »
Well, counting everyone whose posted as an applicant, you'd be #6, I believe, and Matrix skills will be useful.  Sounds good.
« Last Edit: <02-24-11/2218:15> by Rockopolis »

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #10 on: <02-24-11/2217:15> »
Putting together a rigger, very slowly, i'm new to drones

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #11 on: <02-25-11/0837:04> »
Always building a Face char... (That is, I already have one but keep tweaking it, man 400BP is such a tight budget when you're used to having some karma to spend.)

Truth be told, I don't think I'll play the Face char... Too much in the spotlights (for now).
But I suppose a big game hunter character would be a bit too convenient? *shrug* I'll have a char posted this weekend.

marcgarc

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <02-25-11/0929:00> »
I'm thinking of an elf with Indian descent, and great skills as a hunter: tracking, arc domain, ...
More work to be put on this soon.

aimlessfreak

• Chummer
« Reply #13 on: <02-25-11/0930:31> »
Thinking maybe a phys ad,not sure yet
But I didn't know he was a DRAGON!

Rockopolis

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <02-25-11/1158:31> »
More thoughts; there's a huge storm brewing (of course).  How does buying tickets strike you as an infiltration strategy?