NEWS

[IC] European Vacation

• 197 Replies

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
  • Prepare for the worst - surprises will be pleasant
« Reply #15 on: <01-24-11/1734:08> »
Thats it guys, I don't know how about you but it's late enough for a drink. And I know the place that you should like. Unless of course you are nogood bastard with no appreciation for a good whisky. Whisky Barrel is a good trip from here, but you'll have a litlle sightseeing tour along the way.

I'm calling for a cab, no need to walk, and while waiting I am checking yesterday urban brawl result, just in case we roll into some 'fans'.
Sorry for a small delay ;)

Denver Missions
concluded 01 02 03 04 05 10 09 11
running 13
runners: Caretaker Jerry

Sludig

• Chummer
« Reply #16 on: <01-24-11/1808:46> »
Bat'Oni looks at the two Orks, nodding, but responds, "partaking in a drink doesn't sound bad, I am partial to wine or Cognzc, but I am flexible."

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #17 on: <01-24-11/2219:27> »
Not one to waste an opportunity to see The city Whisper replies "After being in that container, a good drink would be most welcome, thanks. " Whisper then turns to Bat'Oni, and with a grin "If you want the kids around here to stop staring at you, you should let me get that silver piece off your boot... just a suggestion."
« Last Edit: <01-24-11/2234:17> by Teyl_Iliar »
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

joe15552

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <01-24-11/2224:16> »
Yani Raises an eyebrow at CW, and looks around at the faces of the group. He's been "out to drink" with groups like this before... It usually ends in a brawl or a shootout and with him hiding under a table hoping everyone else is too drunk to notice him. It doesn't look like he will be doing any drinking tonight... no sir... Probably best to ease the boredom with matrix research, and keep a clear head in case someone starts trouble.

Looking over the top of his glasses at CW, Yani nods with a crooked smile on his face. He decides keeping his mouth shut is best. CW doesn't look like the type to be easily fooled, and Yani doesn't particularly feel like spending the energy needed to pull of a good lie like, "A drink would be nice."

Instead, Yani plays the silent agreeable type, and meanwhile he decides to digest a few things popping up in his subconscious. First of all, he's in Tri-City, which is like being in three cities at once. Second, he was brought there by a ship named after a three headed god. Thirdly, in Yani's mind, there are three players in this game, Evo, terrorists, and his group. Something is smelling a little like too much like conspiracy theory, and while Yani isn't a paranoid conspiracy theorist, he knows well enough that at least doing research on things he has gut feelings about can lengthen his life-span.

The first thing Yani does is check the access logs of the nearby nodes to figure out who might have been the cause of that flicker in his biological node and the surrounding ones... He thinks it may have something to do with a certain angered Code Sprite...

Sludig

• Chummer
« Reply #19 on: <01-24-11/2237:43> »
 Bat'Oni looks at Whisper, "Just like a typical Gaijin, not recognizing respect when it's given." *gives an air of coolness as she heads into the bar*

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #20 on: <01-24-11/2315:22> »
Whisper shakes his head and laughs. (in Japanese. ) "Whatever you say blind one. But maybe you should check your boots before you speak without thought. Whisper thinks to himself, if this is even a sample of how this vacation is going to go, he can't wait to go back to work, MCT or not. He then looks at CW (in English) "How bout that drink? I've got plenty of questions after you're done with your associate."
« Last Edit: <01-24-11/2317:32> by Teyl_Iliar »
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #21 on: <01-25-11/0726:36> »
Fire your questions right away I am taking the front seat of the cab I'm paid working and talking. he continues.
Whiskey Barrel Pub - downtown, near the Golden Gate. He pointed the destination on AR screen.

You see the Tricity's old downtowns have small patches of historical buildings, that never got demolished to give space for sky scrappers. This case is different, Golden Gate was moved and reconstructed as a stylish entrance to the office tower housing lots of smaller companies. In the entrance there are side doors leading to the underground cellar. That's the place.

Denver Missions
running 13

joe15552

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <01-25-11/0752:00> »
On the cab ride over, Yani was the lucky one that got to sit next to Uncle Vabka. This troll scares the crap out of Yani, and he is obviously uncomfortable sitting next to him. Vabka unwittingly (or perhaps wittingly) does not give Yani much room to relax in the seat, and Yani is too scared to ask for more room, so the young elf sits there crammed in the cab praying the ride is over soon.

Luckily, it is, and as they walk towards the Whiskey Barrel, Yani says to CW, "I have some questions for you as well, but perhaps the questions are best asked when we have our drinks." Yani's voice when speaking English definitely reveals his young age. Despite the fact that he is being serious, he just can't wipe the sarcastic half grin off his face that plagues the young and the ingenious.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #23 on: <01-25-11/0919:25> »
The ride was smooth, but the cab was big, fully automated and expensive. Though Vabka's presence didn't add any special payments, but you've noticed in the cab's ARO's a few positions like 'high risk passenger fare'.
As you enter the building, you see something really weird. There's a huge lobby, taking most of the first six floors, or even more. And there's an old looking building, reminding you of old churches. The ARO's identify it, as... The executioner's house. With a scrolling slideshow of fully reconstructed cells and torture suites from the middle ages... And a very pricey invite-only club for corporate bigwigs.
But besides that, there's a lot of medieval-styled shops and bars in the lobby, and a full-fledged mall taking most of three basement levels, visible through multiple AR feeds. They look... Different, and the same.
The whole city seems older. Like there's an air of ages weighting down on it. It looks like it's fighting entropy for a long time, but loosing.
The security guards here obviously don't want to scan any of you, even if their equipment looks elaborate. They instead mug a bunch of low-level wageslaves, that wanted to taste the high life. It's obvious Shadowrunners do business here. There's an ork woman in a leather jacket and skirt barely covering her armored jacket, playing with her duffel bag just outside one of the electronics shops. She obviously notices you, and winks at CW.
Vabka also gets an elaborate smiley from her, with a pirate patch and golden tusks. Plus a message: "Get rid of your tags, if you want to enter any of the shops. And have a nice day. ~Bara"
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Uncle Vabka

• Newb
« Reply #24 on: <01-25-11/1108:36> »
Vabka shoots the ork a thanks emoticon, then looks around the place, scoping out the bouncers, sec goons, local thugs and bar staff, evaluating them as a threat. He lights another noxious cigar, wonders over to the bar, drops his duffels on the floor with a clank of metal and equipment and send an order for vodka to the barman, grinning grotesquely and showing his chipped tusks to anyone who meets his eye. "Lets Drink then.

joe15552

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <01-25-11/1127:50> »
Yani takes a seat 2 seats down from Vabka. While he is not very eager to drink with this group, he is eager to get them relaxed and ready to talk about the job. He is beginning to get uncomfortable with this whole situation. There are too many missing pieces of the puzzle. Perhaps if more information was obtained at the docks and he didn't have to put so much trust in this CW character, he would feel more at ease. Meanwhile, Yani decides nursing a drink to fit in with the group would be best, and places a simple drink order in Polish to the bartender, "Wino, proszę."

Sludig

• Chummer
« Reply #26 on: <01-25-11/1148:55> »
Bat'Oni moves upwind of Uncle Vabka, after scanning the bar, looking for the familiar pecking order.  Who are the Johnsons, the slummers, and finally, they other Shadowrunners.

Looking to Whisper, "I apologize, I am still in a foul mood from being in that container."

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #27 on: <01-25-11/1338:24> »
The people who look like frequent clients don't mind your presence. Vabka gets a few cautious smiles back, since nobody wants to give a troll any reasons to get angry. But nobody seems to get really scared. There's an ork with filed tusks sitting in the corner, that gives him a wide smile, and raises his glass. His looks are decieving, but he's obviously a bodyguard, or bar security. As you order your drinks, the bartender frowns and looks at Yani angrily.
"You, elf. What the hell do you think this is? Are you f*ing with me?" He plants a glass of something transparent. "This is what you get, and you'd better pay for it, or else..." He points at the ork, who grins happily, and stands up... He's a lot taller than he appeared, and he's looking forward to the beating he'd have to administer.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #28 on: <01-25-11/1352:59> »
The people who look like frequent clients don't mind your presence. Vabka gets a few cautious smiles back, since nobody wants to give a troll any reasons to get angry. But nobody seems to get really scared. There's an ork with filed tusks sitting in the corner, that gives him a wide smile, and raises his glass. His looks are decieving, but he's obviously a bodyguard, or bar security. As you order your drinks, the bartender frowns and looks at Yani angrily.
"You, elf. What the hell do you think this is? Are you f*ing with me?" He plants a glass of something transparent. "This is what you get, and you'd better pay for it, or else..." He points at the ork, who grins happily, and stands up... He's a lot taller than he appeared, and he's looking forward to the beating he'd have to administer.

Easy pal, he's with me.

Vabka shoots the ork a thanks emoticon, then looks around the place, scoping out the bouncers, sec goons, local thugs and bar staff, evaluating them as a threat. He lights another noxious cigar, wonders over to the bar, drops his duffels on the floor with a clank of metal and equipment and send an order for vodka to the barman, grinning grotesquely and showing his chipped tusks to anyone who meets his eye. "Lets Drink then.

Good, I'd prefer the whisky, but lets start with vodka, you're in vodka's homeland anyway. Did you know that Tricity was once producing goldwasser - Vodka mixed with tiny gold flakes that you drink along? turning to bartender give us a flask, and some bites, oh and don't forget the synth-rapsberry and tobasco. hushing to Bat'Oni you don't want pay for the genuine rapsberry here and returning to the bartender Is Grzegorz on bar on this floor or some the other? Let him know please that I've came already.

As for him pointing back on Yani let me make something for him... or better no, you mix - squize a lime over brown sugar with a muddler, fill the glass with crushed ice, add a shot of synth-whisky and fill the glass with lemon soda mix, no tumbling. Enjoy Yani, all my girlfriends love this one.

« Last Edit: <01-25-11/1420:38> by Sentinemodo »

Denver Missions
running 13

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #29 on: <01-25-11/1425:33> »
Grzegorz isn't here, but you know he will in a few minutes. Knowing him, it's business related - he has a few secure backrooms, and negotiates or serves as a middleman in deals made here. The bartender - Maciej - is a craftsman. He knows his stuff very well, and he even shot down a few corporate transfer offers. He just hates wise-ass 'connoiseurs'. The stuff he poured was "Czysta" - clear vodka. Tough, and expensive (because it's semi-legal, and really rare), especially with the 'Pissing of the bartender' payment...
Which he transfers to the drink you've ordered for him, and points at the glass. The ork walks toward the bar, downs the glass and returns to his post, looking at Yani and smiling like a madman. He's obviously new here - the old muscle was a troll with both horns covered in gold rings, but Grzegorz must've kicked him out. He made a habbit of 'suggesting' tips to patrons.