NEWS

Shadowrun 1st Edition Errata?

• 4 Replies

Gorstavich

• Newb
« on: <08-19-19/1446:58> »
Might anyone have a link to the Shadowrun 1st edition core rulebook erratum, if it exists?

During recent pre-move "stuff" purges I ran across my copy, and a couple of friends have begun pestering me to run a game for them.
"ZenCrafters.  Total enlightenment... in about an hour!"

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1 on: <08-19-19/1607:36> »
Might anyone have a link to the Shadowrun 1st edition core rulebook erratum, if it exists?

During recent pre-move "stuff" purges I ran across my copy, and a couple of friends have begun pestering me to run a game for them.
I don't know if an errata file exists, but in my opinion, 2nd Edition is an errata/clean-up of 1st.

0B

« Reply #2 on: <09-22-19/2318:28> »
(Slight necro)

IDK if there's an online errata for this, but FASA was pretty good about updating their latest printings with any changes. If you can find a friend with a "later" printing, you might be able to compare and contrast. I don't think they started publishing errata online until 3rd edition (Which got up to 14 printings), but a fan might've done so. I may dig a bit for you, I am curious

Ha-ha! On a fan-site with the sketchiest URL, a wild errata appears. No first edition seen, I will attempt to contact the site owner.

Here's another one, though not all pages are reachable. No 1e, either. I don't think they published 1e errata, FJ might be right
« Last Edit: <09-22-19/2330:48> by 0B »

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <09-22-19/2344:29> »
IIRC 2nd edition WAS the errata for 1st edition.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

0B

« Reply #4 on: <09-23-19/0648:32> »
Got a message back from Gurth (webmaster).

No errata, but early issues of Ka*Ge magazines had Q&A sections that might've acted similarly. I'm going to browse through these and see if I can't find any errata precursors.