NEWS

Into the Chaos - Land Grab [IC]

• 2279 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2250 on: <04-10-16/1400:19> »
King say "That mage was always bad news. They say that being a mage makes up for a lot of shortcomings - but I do not think it applies for security, the first thing about protection from mojo is do not hire unreliable mages to work. That one smelled bad from day one, he seemed to be more interested in selling his pleasure pills than in securing this place.  He may have been a corp, but he was a drug dealer never the less. "

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2251 on: <04-10-16/1456:37> »
"Oh? What kind of pills? Eros/Galac?
In any case we'll take a look at that drone port. If dealing is his second income he might still rely on that as a distribution method."

Kynos replied.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2252 on: <04-10-16/1500:51> »
Athos nods.  "Part of the Family is into dealing that sort of thing.  I can ask around once we get an idea of the type of pills he was pushing."
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2253 on: <04-11-16/0528:26> »
Mr. King replies "Some kind of party pills - the problem with them is that they also effect people near you. If back in the day they used to discreetly put something in the glass it is no longer necessary, you pop one and the people around you grow horny as well. My men are crazy about this stuff, makes their parties more successful - and this kind of habits are part of the reason it is difficult to kick that asshole out of here. "

He then say "You want to see the drone strip - sure no problem".  He takes you to the roof and opens a security door with a swipe of ID card. It is a busy heli-port when roto drones frequently unload goods - some of the packages are quite smalls like memory chips, computer parts, clothes. King tells you "Every time someone buys something a request to renew inventory is issues and one of these rotor drones delivers a replacement part - all done automatically and without human interference. I assume that the magic pills also get into this place in that manner but it is difficult to check every little package that get in -mainly because they are private property of the stores and I cannot search them without concrete evidence of foul play - these are powerful companies and we can not want to get in the way of their business."

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2254 on: <04-11-16/0940:18> »
Athos laughs.  "It almost sounds like the pills are awakened or influenced by mojo.  Don't even know if that is possible, but wouldn't leave a trace of mojo about?  Cannot you just check the astral or something to detect them?"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2255 on: <04-13-16/0805:42> »
"As far as I know, you'd need a very good mage to perceive that stuff through its package. Nevertheless, this would be a good clue to follow. Find the place whose drones the mage uses and make our way to him from there.

So Sovereign, can you or your spirit manage that?"
talk think matrix

Mulcarn

• Omae
« Reply #2256 on: <04-14-16/2044:07> »
Maxwell had remained silent for most of the meeting.  Preferring instead to lean against a wall and passively listen to the others talk amongst themselves.  He did however take note of the Ork's gang tattoos.  Causing him to cynically smile underneath his full helmet.   The indifference he was try to perfect was disrupted by the cybered keeb.  Forcing him to recount the inattention of what they said and what Kynos had asked of him.  Maxwell shrugs and rasps back in his usual hell-scorched voice.  "Astral perception is not my forte.  Charred corpses and fiery destruction is.  I can try to track him but keep in mind, astral signatures leftover from spells and spirits are hard to detect in places of high background count.  My spirits would have to do the hounding.  Bring me to one of his work stations and i'll see what I can do.  No promises."
« Last Edit: <04-15-16/1510:19> by Mulcarn »
Speech|Thoughts|Matrix|Whisper|Astral|Descriptors and Narrative

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2257 on: <04-15-16/1710:43> »
Mr king looks at Kynos and then at Maxwell - "well if you have some way to let me know what drone to search then I can do it. Just don't be wrong - I do not want to look bad when I am confronted about it."

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2258 on: <04-17-16/1529:50> »
"Don't look at me. Short of opening every package up here I have no ability to find that stuff. I could go around and ask your guards for you, but that usually ends with people getting hurt. So we are back to square one if Sovereign or his spirit can't see the stuff from here.
Athos, I suggest we take a stroll through the mall and look for anything that looks like a clue."

Kynos shrugged and nodded at the Security Chief. "We'll start at the top and make our way down, be so good and notify your people."
To Sovereign he said: "Stay in contact and send a message asap if there is any thing looking like a threat. We'll do likewise."
talk think matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2259 on: <04-17-16/1706:05> »
Athos nods.  "Got your back, Kynos.  Let's do this."  He carries the assault rifle in his right hand and follows Kynos out of the security chief's office.  Once away, he asks, "So, how do you want to play this?  Personally, I would not mind fragging the guy after what he did in the food court."

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2260 on: <04-17-16/1730:18> »
"I wouldn't mind either, but as a favor to Sovereign I'll try to catch him alive - not necessarily conscious. Our mage friend has certain obligations which this freak might be able to fulfill.
But to be clear: That is the ideal case. If it's impractical or really inconvenient I'll be just as happy to put a bullet into the guys brain pan.
Now look sharp. I'll take that matrix cafe over there, you can have the frozen soygurt guy or the jeweler."
talk think matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2261 on: <04-17-16/1736:58> »
Athos nods, but puts his paw on Kynos' shoulder before they split up.  "Hey, just so you know.  I would like to have Yulia on board with this.  I know that you and she have your differences, but she could be an asset here.  Give it some thought and we can discuss it later."

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2262 on: <04-18-16/0328:25> »
Kynos shrugged: "As long as she doesn't fall in love with this mage and I have to chase him around half the globe to geek him, I have no problem with her. Didn't know she was still in town."
talk think matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2263 on: <04-18-16/0918:43> »
"Thanks.  I will call her up and see if she is interested.  So are we just asking if anyone knows anything about the mage?"

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2264 on: <04-18-16/0925:08> »
"Yupp. Pretty much. And of course see if anyone reacts guilty or if there is a suspicious drug lab somewhere in the background."
Kynos winked at the troll. "It's tedious, but at least we can do it inside and have a food court nearby."
talk think matrix