NEWS

Predator IV

• 6 Replies

JmOz01

• Omae
« on: <07-29-12/1920:07> »
I am having a slight problem with Herolab. It is saying that the Pred IV has one point of Recoil comp, Looking at the book I do not see why it is saying this.  What am I missing?  Is there an errata on the main rule book, is there a piece of gear I have that would be dooing it?  The gun is unmodified right now, equiped with ex explosive rounds

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <07-29-12/1937:54> »
Maybe you got the Predator IV Anniversary Edition?

(Okay, okay, I got nuthin', so I went with humor.)

Hrm.

Does your character have a high strength, and thus getting Recoil Compensation for it?

JmOz01

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <07-29-12/1954:23> »
Is there a rule about strength of the character working as recoil comp?

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #3 on: <07-29-12/2001:39> »
Optional rule from Arsenal.

Check the character configuration and look for the arsenal rules.  Also check the encumbrance rules as well.  Some of this optional rules are defaulted to true, so make sure you give them a look.
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <07-29-12/2241:17> »
I just loaded up HL and went straight to the Heavy Pistols. The Predator IV showed up as no recoil compensation. I think Black is correct on the optional rule being applied. I can't confirm, as I have a specific set of optional rules active already. Couldn't tell you which ones were set by the programmer and which I set.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #5 on: <07-30-12/0204:20> »
Optional rule from Arsenal.

Check the character configuration and look for the arsenal rules.  Also check the encumbrance rules as well.  Some of this optional rules are defaulted to true, so make sure you give them a look.

Hero Lab, from what I've seen, pretty much set up to default to "Missions" rules unless you start fiddling, so any optional rules that are declared in the Missions FAQ are defaulted to "on".
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

JmOz01

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <07-30-12/1857:42> »
yes, that is what is going on...