NEWS

Critical critter creations - a subsidiary of Horizons. Bio-drones

• 4 Replies

DigitalZombie

• Omae
« on: <05-14-18/1424:35> »
*your matrix search regarding the mysterious Mr. Johnson is suddenly interrupted by some annoying spam commercials that managed to sneak by your firewall* Just before you mentally decide to trash it, it's product catches your interest.

Curious kitty 2.0s has finally landed! Only at C3! (Critical critter creations).
An unobtrusive cute cat with pre-owned attention coprocessor, simrig and orientation goad. Available now for 5,675 Nuyen.
If you want to maximise it's cuteness there is also the munchkin version for only 500 nuyen more.

Slaved to a nice link or deck. This cat can be directed to move wherever the owner would like. Thanks to its simrig, the owner gets to make full use of its sensitive hearing, low-light vision and even sense of smell.
The attention coprocessor will help the owner to direct the curious cats attention.
(0.6 essence cost)

Having the equipment installed instead of on a collar makes it a lot less obtrusive.

So,  do any of you guys have some cool chimeric combinations,  vicious warform or brilliant bio-drones you would like to share? 

I think it would be cool to have a while list of critters,  either as mcGuffins,  opponents or even companions.

DigitalZombie

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <05-15-18/1355:16> »
Actually I have a bunch of questions regarding critters, chimeric warforms and techno etc.

First: how is the price of a chimeric critter calculated?
Page 170 in running wild says this: cost for chimeric critters are base price*3  plus 25% for each type of genetic modification and plus 50% for each chimeric ability.

So lets say Im gonna have myself a cute wall-climbing 3-headed cat, with extra long teeth and potent venom.
The cost would then be 50*3 plus either 25% or 50%. I dont know which one to use as the book doesnt state what is what? But lets say we go with the expensive one of 50%  would the price then be (50*3)+ (6×50)/2 = 300 nuyen??

Or should I instead go for the prices in chrome flesh saying 15.000+ or even 100.000+

There is a slight difference between paying a measly 300 for a chimeric cat with a whooping 6 chimeric traits and then paying more than 100.000 for it.

Now regarding warforms.
On page 176 it says that all geneware is reduced by 20% this would inply that there would be an actual cost to the animal, but there isnt. I find that a bit odd, because a warform dog is a lot more table-friendly in a shadowrun game than a chimeric. Yet the chimeric and biodrones have prices. (Even though the chimeric prices are very very odd).

Lastly and it might be I failed my perception check. But what can be made into chimeric and warforms? Mundane critters sure. But what about technocritters and awakened? Or mutant/toxic???

I presume that technocritters are still of the table? At least officially Neonet most likely have some nice prototypes somewhere.

Sphinx

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #2 on: <05-15-18/1430:12> »
There's a partial list of critter prices and availability here, ported from the German edition (hat-tip to Jack_Spade):
https://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=24217.msg482139#msg482139

fseperent

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <05-15-18/1820:00> »
Not sure if it's right, but Hero Lab calculates those percents on the base cost of the animal.

As for warform costs, the way I read it, it's the cost of the geneware.

As for what can be made into chimerics and warforms, I think anything goes.

Finding non-mundane chimerics and warforms, well, good luck there.
Expect to pay through the nose for one of those, or hit a lab.

DigitalZombie

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <05-16-18/1624:07> »
@Sphinx thanks man. I actually remember seeinf that thread a while ago. I had just forgotten all about it. Some of those prices are still a bit wonky, but its good to have them.

fseperent ok. I'll look into my old chummer file and have a look-see myself. But those prices on chimeric does seem rather low.
Actyally I like the idea that warforms doesnt cost a bunch by themselves... the geneware and bio stuff will increase the price anyway.