NEWS

Gaming Horror stories

• 127 Replies

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #120 on: <09-22-10/1337:17> »
I did have to separate my d6 from their various other shaped brethren to try and play shadowrun... and if I remember correctly they didn't like being used as battletech dice too much, either.

We gamers are such silly, superstitious people. There should just be another thread opened up for everyone's dice superstitions and the HORRIBLE HORRIBLE THINGS done to dice to make them behave. (I'm looking at you Doom).
"People say I hate the living. It's not true. I just happen to see the potential inside all people; those great things anyone can do if they aren't trapped in their own consciousness and morals. And when I unlock that potential, death is the side-effect. I can't help that." - Dr. McMourning

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #121 on: <09-22-10/1339:25> »
I been telling you for years Chaotic, that dice KNOW. ;D :o
« Last Edit: <09-22-10/1349:12> by Usda Beph »
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #122 on: <09-22-10/1343:43> »
THEY DO. As do electronics.
"People say I hate the living. It's not true. I just happen to see the potential inside all people; those great things anyone can do if they aren't trapped in their own consciousness and morals. And when I unlock that potential, death is the side-effect. I can't help that." - Dr. McMourning

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #123 on: <09-22-10/1408:34> »
I did have to separate my d6 from their various other shaped brethren to try and play shadowrun... and if I remember correctly they didn't like being used as battletech dice too much, either.

We gamers are such silly, superstitious people. There should just be another thread opened up for everyone's dice superstitions and the HORRIBLE HORRIBLE THINGS done to dice to make them behave. (I'm looking at you Doom).
See what you started? ;D

BillUreo

« Reply #124 on: <01-24-11/1112:45> »
Thankyou, this is very nice information, thanks.

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #125 on: <01-24-11/1146:56> »
When I play, I love playing the Rigger. And, not a Drone Rigger, I mean the good, old fashioned wheel-man(hooked up to the party's tac-net nowadays).
In one second edition game, I was playing the Rigger. On our first run, the street sam pulled a gun on me and tried to tell me the getaway route to follow.
Thankfully, the plunge into the Bay, sinking of the Eurovan, and then its moving under water made him realize I had an idea of what I was doing.
Ejection seat installed.
Next run, the Samurai AGAIN pulled his gun on me, yelling at me to go into the underground parking garage(which, BTW, I knew ICly had only one way in or out)
instead of running Corpsec into the Go Gang I had already arranged s cover....Samurai Ejection Seat launched. New Ejection Seat with shaped charges installed...
Third run, guy has a new character, since his previous one got to be the guest of honour at an Aztechnology Holiday Party. He's still playing a Samurai. We get a
bit of a case of Hot Pursuit by guys in red with Renraku corporate emblems...Mostly because we are stealing a prototype Banshee-like thing...(This is when they realize
the Rigger CAN shoot that Mossberg he carries pretty damned well..that it is not just for show)  I have a timed sequence on my Eurovan get it where I had planned it to be as I finish
getting the info we were asked to get as the primary mission(Stealing the prototype was secondary, and optional objective..our Johnson just wanted performance info on
the prototype), and so, we bail out of the prorotype, and I put in a fun course into the Autopilot, and get the hell out, and jack into my eurovan at the planned point.
As we are evading, the Streetsam AGAIN pulls out his gun and tries to tell "Get back there and steal the prototype! We get a huge bonus for that!"...Ejection seat goes up, and the GM
gets to smile. The Samurai player goes "Um...what are you smiling about?" The GM just says "Boom." The look of confusion on stupid sammies face was priceless...and then, I say over
the internal speakers "Anyone ELSE want to try and tell me how to do my job? I'll do the same to you!"

Um...yeah..I guess that makes me the horror in that horror story?

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #126 on: <01-24-11/1316:36> »
I posted the Gazebo story elsewhere .......

OMG ROFL!!!

Teknodragon

• Omae
« Reply #127 on: <01-25-11/1315:36> »

As we are evading, the Streetsam AGAIN pulls out his gun and tries to tell "Get back there and steal the prototype! We get a huge bonus for that!"...Ejection seat goes up, and the GM
gets to smile. The Samurai player goes "Um...what are you smiling about?" The GM just says "Boom." The look of confusion on stupid sammies face was priceless...and then, I say over
the internal speakers "Anyone ELSE want to try and tell me how to do my job? I'll do the same to you!"

Um...yeah..I guess that makes me the horror in that horror story?

Rigger's car, rigger's rules. Brilliant job... and an awesome inspiration.
You'd think the sammie would have gotten the point!
Life is short, the night is long, and we still have ammo.