NEWS

CDC Issues Zombie Attack Preparedness Advice - Seriously

• 45 Replies

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #30 on: <07-31-11/2328:14> »
Anti-Zombie tactics are actually performed by Military Officers to encourage improvisation and unconventional thinking for superior tactics IRL.  So no such thing as overthinking it.

It's a mental exercise.  That's never wasted.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Bane

• Newb
« Reply #31 on: <08-23-11/1523:36> »
I've been bored on post for long enough to start giving situations, and having them prepare for them. Fun way to do tactics.

I also have my own personal plans.

I've recently fallen in love with the Rossi Circuit Judge. http://www.rossiusa.com/product-list.cfm?category=15
Carbine that shoots both 410 shot and .45. I just get an orgasmic feel from it. Heard good things too.
A .45 would be accurite out to about 100 yards in it, which is good for a pistol round. It's fairly small, and you can switch ammo with that silenced .45 pistol that was mentioned. And can also load small shotgun loads. Yes, it's 410. Smaller than 12 guage. But it's also lighter. And at short ranges, does just as good a job.

Anyway... I just really like the gun, and want one really bad.

Other guns would be dependant on the situation. If there is a military presence, then everything hits the fan, pick up an M4 off the ground. 5.56 will be more than enough with an accurate shot. And ammo will be easy to find.

Kel-Tec makes carbines that can accept Glock 9mm magazines, and 9mm is almost the most common ammunition you can find. And it is enough to do the job.

My plan would be to remain as mobile as possible. Only a short term solution, but enough to let the starting chaos die down.
Peace is a lie.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #32 on: <08-23-11/1711:57> »
Bastards, the lot of you.

I got an entrenching tool and am lucky to have that!

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #33 on: <08-23-11/1736:00> »
Bastards, the lot of you.

I got an entrenching tool and am lucky to have that!
Can you get a crossbow? Powerful, silent, reach out and touch somebody, and you can even re-use the ammo 8).
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #34 on: <08-23-11/1737:22> »
In Canada?  Not likely.  They probably have a "Muzzle Velocity" that puts one into "Firearms" regulations.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Bane

• Newb
« Reply #35 on: <08-23-11/1750:59> »
A regular bow? Some home made spring loaded(Or some bungie opperated) speargun?
Peace is a lie.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #36 on: <08-23-11/1755:50> »
LARP gear was listed as "Terrorist Equipment" during a major event in Toronto.

"These Sock-Covered Arrows were meant to be dipped in gasoline, lit on fire, and shot into the crowd.", to paraphrase the officer who was demonstrating everything.  They also showed "Illegal Body Armor" (Homemade Chainmail), "Man-Killing Blades" (Camping knives from a family on their way to Northern Ontario), and a bunch of other things.

Never mind that it was almost all seized over a dozen blocks away.

EDIT:  Found the link easier than I thought.  It was actually scale mail, and I misremembered the knives as a chainsaw that was unrelated (Probably some landscaping fellow who had it in his van to take down overhanging branches.).
« Last Edit: <08-23-11/1757:57> by CanRay »

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Bane

• Newb
« Reply #37 on: <08-23-11/1800:08> »

I mean no offense, but Canada sucks.

Guess it'll be mostly limited to baseball bats. Or maybe hockey sticks.

(I jest, but holy poop, you guys have it bad there.)
Peace is a lie.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #38 on: <08-23-11/1803:53> »
And from a more legitimate news source.

Chummer, I'll put it this way, the idiots are in the cities to the South who think the only people that have weapons are criminals and police (And, some but not all, the Military.).  Folks to the North (Like where I come from), well, they look outside and some of them literally seen wolves and bears coming around to say "Hello."

Guess who makes the laws on firearms, however?

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Bane

• Newb
« Reply #39 on: <08-23-11/1810:22> »
The bears?
Peace is a lie.

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #40 on: <08-23-11/1827:57> »
And from a more legitimate news source.

Chummer, I'll put it this way, the idiots are in the cities to the South who think the only people that have weapons are criminals and police (And, some but not all, the Military.).  Folks to the North (Like where I come from), well, they look outside and some of them literally seen wolves and bears coming around to say "Hello."

Guess who makes the laws on firearms, however?
I'll take who are the wrong people for the win.
« Last Edit: <08-23-11/1831:00> by Teyl_Iliar »
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #41 on: <08-23-11/2149:13> »
The bears?
They'd vote for the right to arm bears.  :P
You got it.  The folks that want to disarm the citizens for their own purposes.  Happened in England (See how well that worked, eh?), same thing is going on in Australia, they're using the same tactics and laws here in Canada.

And I'm getting into politics, so I'll shut the hell up right here.

Back on topic:  Zombies come, I'm moving South of the border.  Just wish I had a chance to practice first.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

bigity

• Omae
« Reply #42 on: <08-24-11/1547:08> »
just go far enough south of the border to get to the states were there are businesses that combine 4 MP44s, and got paid to do it.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #43 on: <08-24-11/1605:49> »
Reference to "Sons of Gun"?

AJC

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
« Reply #44 on: <08-24-11/1615:57> »
The bears?
They'd vote for the right to arm bears.  :P
You got it.  The folks that want to disarm the citizens for their own purposes.  Happened in England (See how well that worked, eh?), same thing is going on in Australia, they're using the same tactics and laws here in Canada.

And I'm getting into politics, so I'll shut the hell up right here.

Back on topic:  Zombies come, I'm moving South of the border.  Just wish I had a chance to practice first.
Speaking purely out of practical options, I suggest you work within the limits of what you've got. if you don't have access to firearms don't count on ever having access to them. most likely the weapons you'll come across on while on the move will be loud enough to draw the attention of people you don't want. most people think, man with a shovel? he's gonna dig a hole. Not, a hole will occupy my body. melee weapons are low profile, don't make half the nose of a gun, and will make you dismissible by anyone that might be out looking to beef up their own armaments, while still providing you a useful tool and a lethal silent close range weapon. I think this would suit your needs just fine for instance. http://www.gearupcenter.com/new-crovel-extreme/
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm