NEWS

animal armor for drones?

• 4 Replies

Rooks

• Omae
« on: <05-16-17/1133:15> »
shouldnt it be possile for some drones to wear armor made for animals? Im not saying all but quadped type drones should be able to like the cheetah of shamus or mule

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <05-16-17/1146:12> »
shouldnt it be possile for some drones to wear armor made for animals? Im not saying all but quadped type drones should be able to like the cheetah of shamus or mule

Possible, but they're better off being armored up naturally. For those that do, you could use the same rules as for when anthroforms wear metahuman armor.

grffnhwk

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <05-16-17/1452:58> »
What I'm doing for my rigger is upgrading my Cheetah armor x2.  So he's at Spd 6, Bod 2, Arm 8H.  He's not going to be running down the fire lanes, but sneaking (autosoft) then pouncing (Ram attack) on fringe targets.

SPD 6 gets 320m/turn.  Bod 2 x 5 = 10P -6AP damage.  The cheetah resists half (5P).  Since his armor is greater than the damage and hardened, he takes no damage from the ram.  Target should get knocked down and next pass cheetah could use bite 5P -3AP for a possible coup de grace, or take off before target's buddies react. 

If you want a tank... you can up armor more but it reduces your speed.  Hardened armor is always going to be better.
Hardened Armor: 1) If the modified DV of the attack is less than the modifield Armor value of the target, the target takes -0- damage. 2) you automatically add a number of successes to your damage resistance test equal to half of your modified armor value. (Ie AP reduction)

Edit: looked around more.  This analysis points to vehicles and drones being DoA in any kind of combat.
http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=23044.0
« Last Edit: <05-16-17/1708:18> by grffnhwk »

grffnhwk

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <05-16-17/1511:15> »
Keep thinking of stuff to add.  Also remember the rules in Rigger 5 for modifiers for drones.  If that cheetah is running at 6, everyone has a -6 dice to their relevant attack dice pools for speed.  No size modifier because it's medium though.

So, the hardest thing to overcome is the pathetic Body attribute of most drones which can't be upgraded or anything. :(
« Last Edit: <05-16-17/1517:09> by grffnhwk »

Tassyr

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <09-01-17/2039:28> »
Aw. Here I was hoping this was about slapping armor on a drone to disguise it as a critter.
"There's a reason Johnsons are named what they are. They'll try and fuck you at some point, no doubt about it." -Camulus