NEWS

Upcoming Shadowrun releases

• 1367 Replies

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #600 on: <09-26-15/2139:22> »
One thing I always liked about D&D was that in each new addition you can count on is the DM Handbook, the Player's Handbook and the Monster Manual.

In fairness, SR has a similar setup...core + magic + weapons + matrix + options + rigger...wish that "critters" was also in there.

Plus, since so much of the game is the setting itself, you can still make use of old sourcebooks like Vice and Feral Cities from 4e (and from older editions, I just don't know any).
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #601 on: <09-27-15/0138:25> »
One thing I always liked about D&D was that in each new addition you can count on is the DM Handbook, the Player's Handbook and the Monster Manual.

In fairness, SR has a similar setup...core + magic + weapons + matrix + options + rigger...wish that "critters" was also in there.

LONG time ago (Like, '91!), I had an adventure called "Egg of the ... do *what* now?!" which featured the 'runners getting hired to leave the city, go into native territory, and help a guy bag some paracritters. Which was, you know, highly illegal poaching. I should dust that off some day and see if it's salvageable.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #602 on: <09-27-15/0935:09> »
That sounds awesome Wakshaani! With all the recent issues surrounding sport hunting, could even touch on some current social issues ;)

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #603 on: <09-27-15/1011:30> »
That sounds awesome Wakshaani! With all the recent issues surrounding sport hunting, could even touch on some current social issues ;)

"Salish officials were saddened today to announce the death of beloved park icon, Cecil the Phoenix. Asked for comment, Sarah BentTree said, 'Oh, no worry. He's fine now. Phoenix, right?.' All the same, rangers are now seeking the perpetrators of this senseless act of temporary murder for questioning."

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #604 on: <09-27-15/1042:57> »
Wak, you should really check out Elven Blood....
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #605 on: <09-27-15/1342:23> »
Wak, you should really check out Elven Blood....

i REALLY SHOULD! i'M BEHIND ON MY READING.hEY, cAPS lOCK IS ON. CRUD.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #606 on: <09-27-15/1359:46> »

Plus, since so much of the game is the setting itself, you can still make use of old sourcebooks like Vice and Feral Cities from 4e (and from older editions, I just don't know any).

And this is yet another reason that the largest majority of "fluff" should be in separate sources. This way, those sources stay good throughout the life of the game even beyond the edition it's published during.

As to the sales issue, these sources can be reprinted as editions go on with updates on the various pieces of information, possibly even opening up 'special' compilations of several of these sources. Lord knows that many of the older setting-only books need updated versions, and this tendency of overloading rules supplements with fluffy bits is just, IMO, creating an excuse not to redo those.
« Last Edit: <09-27-15/1407:21> by All4BigGuns »
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #607 on: <09-28-15/1213:55> »

If a conversion guide exists to update stats then my old books would be more useful in that regard. 

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #608 on: <09-28-15/1420:41> »
There's a 4->5 conversion guide.  There might be a 3->4, I honestly don't know.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #609 on: <09-28-15/2311:06> »
There's a 4->5 conversion guide.  There might be a 3->4, I honestly don't know.
Of course there is.

http://cdn.shadowruntabletop.com/wp-content/uploads/Downloads/sr3_to_sr4.pdf?b979cc

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #610 on: <09-29-15/0058:49> »
Word of warning:

The 3 to 4 conversion hurts. A lot.

What with the total rework of attributes, pools, and skills....characters are almost worth just rebuilding into 4e instead of converting.
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

DarkLloyd

• Ace Runner
  • Stupidity this Good takes TEAMWORK.
« Reply #611 on: <09-29-15/0517:54> »
Word of warning:

The 3 to 4 conversion hurts. A lot.

What with the total rework of attributes, pools, and skills....characters are almost worth just rebuilding into 4e instead of converting.

That is what I have done through the editions. Just take what karma they have and rebuild and just slide over cash and gear (if they have a compatible version) and cyber if any.
Runing the shadows since '90
If you can't Dazzle them with STYLE, Riddle them with BULLETS.
"Sometimes we do the right thing.  Sometimes we shoot people in the face for money."-CanRay
"Sometimes those are the same thing."-Mirikon

Missions Characters:
ChromeMonger - Sam
Blanco Diablo - Adept

reyjinn

• Omae
« Reply #612 on: <10-08-15/2052:54> »
It's been a while, but was able to ping Jason about current projects and upcoming releases:

Hard Targets: A Deep Shadows book focused on wetwork, with some fun assassination-themed gear and a lot of information on Havana.

Sprawl Sites: Corporate Hideouts: 8 maps and a plot hook booklet focused on corporate-themed locations to drop into any sprawl.

Rigger 5: Just what it sounds like! And years before the end of Fifth Edition …

Market Panic: The Fifth Edition corporate book. Updates on the Big Ten, some AAs, and the general chaos the corps are going through.

On the e-book side, the latest book in the Sioux Nation series, focusing on the city of Butte, will hit layout later today. Then we have a Sioux Nation adventure called Counting Coup, and a non-Sioux book detailing the city of San Francisco.

Now that the con season is done, will be looking to try and get to a more regular cadence with these updates.

I notice that the Technomancer book is not in this list. One wonders if this means it's not happening or just even further in the future.

Very sad about that, they are badly in need of a book of their own.
[Time&Date|Place|Area] "Dialogue" "Non-English" >>Matrix/"Commlink" "Astral" <<Text&email>> Internal&"subvocal"

Backgammon

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
« Reply #613 on: <10-10-15/0829:22> »
It's been a while, but was able to ping Jason about current projects and upcoming releases:

Hard Targets: A Deep Shadows book focused on wetwork, with some fun assassination-themed gear and a lot of information on Havana.

Sprawl Sites: Corporate Hideouts: 8 maps and a plot hook booklet focused on corporate-themed locations to drop into any sprawl.

Market Panic: The Fifth Edition corporate book. Updates on the Big Ten, some AAs, and the general chaos the corps are going through.

On the e-book side, the latest book in the Sioux Nation series, focusing on the city of Butte, will hit layout later today. Then we have a Sioux Nation adventure called Counting Coup, and a non-Sioux book detailing the city of San Francisco.

Now that the con season is done, will be looking to try and get to a more regular cadence with these updates.

I notice that the Technomancer book is not in this list. One wonders if this means it's not happening or just even further in the future.

Ebooks are not on the list at all. There are a shit ton of ebooks in development, none are listed here.
My Shadowrun Pinterest collections: Landscape and Characters
My Shadowrun works

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #614 on: <10-10-15/0838:21> »

Ebooks are not on the list at all. There are a shit ton of ebooks in development, none are listed here.

In the Incoming section (third page, the 'logging in' page), Virtual Tribes is listed; I believe this will be the TM one.