NEWS

Weapon on weapon damage

• 3 Replies

ironfis1

• Newb
« on: <09-21-10/1422:41> »
I had a player make a called shot to target and NPC's gun.  The SR4 rules cover knocking it out of the NPC's hands but do not cover the damage inflicted on th weapon itself.  Can someone point me in the right direction about rules for damaging weapons / implants with specific targeted shots?

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <09-21-10/1424:23> »
I think there was something in character creation you could take to damage weapons because Dad was lamenting passing it up after two guards jumped within grabby range with SMGs. It may have just been an unarmed thing though?
"People say I hate the living. It's not true. I just happen to see the potential inside all people; those great things anyone can do if they aren't trapped in their own consciousness and morals. And when I unlock that potential, death is the side-effect. I can't help that." - Dr. McMourning

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #2 on: <09-21-10/1428:06> »
I would probably just compare them to an equivalent barrier material and lower the total damage they can take.  You could also just compare them to comparably sized drones.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #3 on: <09-21-10/1430:42> »
The closest thing may be the Destroying Barriers rules on SR4a, p. 166. I'd probably put a weapon as Reinforced Material, Armor 8, but reduce the Structure to a 3 or 4 (since the structure rating is set for 1 square meter and 10 cm thick).

Edit: Ninja'd. At least I was ninja'd by some of the best...