NEWS

Shadowrun 5 Errata

• 560 Replies

Tripweed

• Newb
« Reply #330 on: <04-05-14/2011:42> »
Ah, that explains, I must have missed that part.

That makes sense and...

Oh dearie oh my, that is one very dangerous cyberlimb...
<b>ZANDATSU!</b>

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #331 on: <04-07-14/2334:02> »
Couldn't find this one posted anywhere:

P323 under mentor spirits, Raven lists that it gives free Traceless Walk, and free level of Voice Control.  This is 1.5 PP worth of abilities.  Every other mentor spirit gives .5 PP worth of bonus abilities.  It seems this must have been a mistake.  It seems like they should drop Traceless walk.
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #332 on: <04-08-14/0128:25> »
Couldn't find this one posted anywhere:

P323 under mentor spirits, Raven lists that it gives free Traceless Walk, and free level of Voice Control.  This is 1.5 PP worth of abilities.  Every other mentor spirit gives .5 PP worth of bonus abilities.  It seems this must have been a mistake.  It seems like they should drop Traceless walk.

((Been posted and debated many times.  No indication of it being a mistake at present.))
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Glyph

• Ace Runner
« Reply #333 on: <04-28-14/2332:54> »
Page 96, Buying Gear for James.  The regular ammo is the correct price, but the rest of the ammo is 10 times the cost it should be.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #334 on: <06-04-14/0544:53> »
Did not find this in a search, so it may not have been mentioned yet:

p. 136: You can run non-stop for a maximum number of minutes equal to your (Body + Running) x 10. Fatigue damage begins to take effect after this point (see Fatigue Damage, p. 172).

p. 172: If you’re only running (using your running movement rate) instead of sprinting, this damage is taken every 3 minutes.

Recommended fix:
p. 136: You can run non-stop for a maximum number of minutes combat turns equal to your (Body + Running) x 10. Fatigue damage begins to take effect after this point (see Fatigue Damage, p. 172).  (20 Combat Turns is equal to one minute.)

p. 172: If you’re only running (using your running movement rate) instead of sprinting, this damage is taken every 3 minutes interval equal to your (Body + Running) x 10 Combat Turns. (20 Combat Turns is equal to one minute.)

Also:
p. 137: The 'Using Swimming' section on p. 137 directs the reader to p. 172 for long-term fatigue, but p. 172 has no specific rules for swimming.  This should be clarified, even if only to change/reword/expand the 'Fatigue From Running' section to be 'Fatigue From Running and Swimming', using the same rules.
« Last Edit: <06-04-14/0548:54> by The Wyrm Ouroboros »
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

voydangel

• Omae
  • SR GM since 1990. Damn I'm old.
« Reply #335 on: <07-09-14/1850:39> »
One of these two is an error, I'm just not sure which:

Pg. 238: Last sentence of "Brute Force" reads:
Quote from: SR5e pg. 238
Using Brute
Force to hop grids successfully doesn’t alert the grid or
its demiGOD the way most successful Attack actions do.

When it should instead read:
Using Brute
Force to hop grids unsuccessfully doesn’t alert the grid or
its demiGOD the way most unsuccessful Attack actions do.

OR

Pg. 240: Last sentence of "Hack on the Fly" reads:
Quote from: SR5e pg. 238
Using Hack on the Fly
to hop grids unsuccessfully doesn’t alert the grid or its
demiGOD the way most unsuccessful Sleaze actions do.

when it should instead read:
Using Hack on the Fly
to hop grids unsuccessfully doesn’t alert the grid or its
demiGOD the way most unsuccessful Sleaze actions do.
My tips for new GM's
Unless it is coming from an official source, RAI = "Rules As Imagined."
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4++SR5+++h+b+++B+D382UBIE-RN---DSF-W+m+(o++)gm+MP

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #336 on: <07-10-14/0018:02> »
Those are both correct.  Successful Attack actions alert the owner, as do Unsuccessful Sleaze actions.  Neither condition causes an alert in the case of hopping grids.

Or, to put it a different way, those lines need to read differently as they do because of the difference between Attack and Sleaze actions.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

voydangel

• Omae
« Reply #337 on: <07-10-14/0515:34> »
I'm not saying you're wrong, but that really doesn't make a lot of sense to my brain.
*looks around for giabralter*
can i get an "official" ruling here as to whether or not it is truly intended for two actions that are almost identical to act in opposite manners?

And no offense Rhat, I trust you and all, but it's just one of those oddities where I feel strongly that this is a mistake and really won't feel better until I see something more "official".
My tips for new GM's

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #338 on: <07-10-14/0547:06> »
I'm not saying you're wrong, but that really doesn't make a lot of sense to my brain.
*looks around for giabralter*
can i get an "official" ruling here as to whether or not it is truly intended for two actions that are almost identical to act in opposite manners?

And no offense Rhat, I trust you and all, but it's just one of those oddities where I feel strongly that this is a mistake and really won't feel better until I see something more "official".

That's the entire point, voydangel. If they worked the same, there would be no reason for there to be two separate actions for this. You have to weigh the pros and cons of each approach to determine which you'd rather use to get the job done.

Attack actions alert when successful, because you're obviously attacking. They don't alert when unsuccessful, because you instead damage yourself.

Sleaze actions don't alert when successful, because you're trying to be stealthy. They do alert when unsuccessful, because you get spotted and marked.
« Last Edit: <07-10-14/0551:46> by Ryo »

Lucean

• Ace Runner
« Reply #339 on: <07-10-14/0808:58> »
And changing grid ... well, you just use a different provider. You don't do damage to the target with Brute Force, because there is no real target and you can't alert for the same reason.

voydangel

• Omae
« Reply #340 on: <07-10-14/1511:11> »
Attack actions alert when successful, because you're obviously attacking. They don't alert when unsuccessful, because you instead damage yourself.

Sleaze actions don't alert when successful, because you're trying to be stealthy. They do alert when unsuccessful, because you get spotted and marked.
Ok, this makes sense, maybe it was just the 2am fuzzies, I get it now after a bit of sleep.
My tips for new GM's

Zar

• Chummer
« Reply #341 on: <07-12-14/2008:10> »
So I noticed that drivethru rpg.com updated the PDF with errata and type corrections.  Might I suggest you also correct the archetypes before you do a second printing?

tequila

• Chummer
« Reply #342 on: <07-25-14/0652:01> »
Are both Skillwires AND Skilljacks really supposed to cost Rating x 20,000?
« Last Edit: <07-28-14/1414:58> by tequila »
#thistasergoesto11

Quote from: Tarislar
ArmTech MGL-12: Nothing says love like a 3 round burst of HE Grenade to hit something for 32P
Nuff said.  :-X

martinchaen

« Reply #343 on: <07-25-14/1002:00> »
Are skilljacks really supposed to cost Rating x 20,000?
Excellent question! Seconded.

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #344 on: <07-25-14/1506:29> »
Given that Activesofts costs 5k per level...  I would think yes on that.  The real problem with those (in my mind) is that skillwires cost the same, when you have to have a skilljack to use them.
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?