NEWS

Way of the Samurai - Oh yeah!

• 145 Replies

WSN0W

• Chummer
  • Never let a friend fool you twice.
« on: <08-28-12/1655:59> »
I didn't see a thread for this one. I'm stoked about both this and Land of Promise that are coming down the pipes.

Is WotS going to be much like Way of the Adept? I've been pondering what will be in it. I am hoping it's more quality and some 'style' base stuff rather than just a pure 'Ware book.

Or some clubs, groups, geared off time activities. Or even touching on things like does doing bench presses really help those with cyber limbs? How does one work on their meat body when so much is handled by machines?

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #1 on: <08-28-12/1659:52> »
I haven't seen it yet, but from what I've heard, it's got a lot of great stuff in it. A little like Way of the Adept, but focusing on Street Samurai and their special needs (cyberware suites, etc.).

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #2 on: <08-28-12/1715:21> »
Yes, it's safe to assume that Qualities will weigh in pretty heavily.  Other than that, I'm stayin' quiet!  There's more stuff in this one than was in WotA, and I'm psyched for it to wrap up so folks can see it and have a good time.

Teknodragon

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <09-02-12/1617:24> »
More qualities? Wow! Also be great to see cyberware and skillsoft suites using current prices. Or things that are a bit different, a bit unique-- glider-functional cyberwings for example...
Life is short, the night is long, and we still have ammo.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #4 on: <09-02-12/1653:49> »
glider-functional cyberwings for example...
That better be a "Silverhawks" reference, because if it's a reference to that abomination for the X-Box 360...

Mental note:  Visit Harebrained Schemes and pelt the Shadowrun 360 guy like he was in the Kickstarter vid.  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Teknodragon

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <09-02-12/1755:25> »
That better be a "Silverhawks" reference, because if it's a reference to that abomination for the X-Box 360...

Mental note:  Visit Harebrained Schemes and pelt the Shadowrun 360 guy like he was in the Kickstarter vid.  ;D

Silverhawks? Perhaps in my subconscious. Mostly going with rule-of-cool. I've not played the Xbox game, for which I hear I should be glad.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #6 on: <09-03-12/0307:19> »

Of course, it could be a reference to this thread.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Teknodragon

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <09-03-12/1220:14> »

Of course, it could be a reference to this thread.

Hadn't seen the thread, but the device looks quite useful.

Mad Hamish

• Chummer
« Reply #8 on: <09-17-12/0259:45> »
What's the likely time for this to be released?
This month, next month, before the end of the year, early next year etc...

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #9 on: <09-17-12/0321:03> »
I can't give details without some NDA issues, so all I can say is "trust me, we're working on it."  There's editing and layout and junk, that always takes kind of a while.

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <09-17-12/0625:39> »
I can't give details without some NDA issues, so all I can say is "trust me, we're working on it."  There's editing and layout and junk, that always takes kind of a while.
Well if you have allready written it, then that atleast probably makes the third option more likely then the fourth.
"An it harm none, do what you will"

lurkeroutthere

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <09-18-12/1930:19> »
No matter how I know differently my brain keeps filing this under L5R.
"And if the options are "talk to him like a grown up" versus "LOLOLOL murder him in his face until he doesn't come back," I know which suggestion I'm making." - Critias

No team I'm on has ever had a problem with group think.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <09-18-12/2133:04> »
You say that like it's a BAD thing. :)

lurkeroutthere

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <09-18-12/2203:13> »
Not inherently no, just jarring.
"And if the options are "talk to him like a grown up" versus "LOLOLOL murder him in his face until he doesn't come back," I know which suggestion I'm making." - Critias

No team I'm on has ever had a problem with group think.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #14 on: <09-19-12/0012:32> »
I can see where your brain would do that. Luckily, Thursday nights our group has an L5R game going right now, so I can stave that off because of that.  :P
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen